Status
Not open for further replies.

spiel

Oct 28, 2017
Yay it's March! I forgot 2020 is a leap year.

I really want to grab the Octahedron physical game for Switch but with shipping it's like $60 in local currency. I've never spent so much on a single game before so that's giving me pause.

Completed Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter and while the actual detective-ing was solid, the game had too many mini games and action sequences. But what really pulled the entire thing down was the awful overarching storyline.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I'm mad at myself, I didn't look enough into Beautiful Desolation and I thought it was going to be a Fallout 2-inspired game but it's a point and a click adventure game which I'm not the biggest fan of save for a few titles.

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking it was weird that every achievement in the Zero/ZX LC was under 5%, decided to check on the actual globat stats vs the game page on the library...
h5QL3oc.png

Didn't they fix that? lol

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
I would like to pick up Granblue VS at some sale but online will be a ghost town. They really need to start adding crossplay and rollback in these games.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I don't really want to make a new thread to ask this, so I have a question for folks in this thread:
I'm considering switching to a PC monitor setup for the PS5, and then getting a new gaming PC in a few years. I obviously want something that's future proof. So I'm probably looking for a 4k monitor, 144hz (maybe?), freesync and at least 27".

What would you recommend? Or should I wait for HDMI 2.1 monitors to release?

Ramble

Sep 21, 2019
Kind Words is giving me life. I try to answer 5 letters a day, sending people encouragement. It's had a positive effect on me.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really want to make a new thread to ask this, so I have a question for folks in this thread:
I'm considering switching to a PC monitor setup for the PS5, and then getting a new gaming PC in a few years. I obviously want something that's future proof. So I'm probably looking for a 4k monitor, 144hz (maybe?), freesync and at least 27".

What would you recommend? Or should I wait for HDMI 2.1 monitors to release?

Get this one instead.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Div2 is pretty fun. I'm running a crazy tank build where I flush enemies out for my sniper friend by rushing them with a riot shield and blowing their cover with a grenade launcher and I'm tough enough to tank a full clip from a Black Tusk minigun.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
About GBF Versus

i5O35zh.png

My respect to this person.

Mine too but the problem is most people can't afford to buy a game that you could potentially not be able to play.
With crossplay and with good netcode, you wouldn't have to even worry about this.

I stopped paying for online and buying consoles so i buy fighting games on pc anyway.
I bought MVC:I day one on pc, now it is paper weight but I wouldn't want to play it anyway though so can't fault others lol.

Last edited:

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Ugh, why do all these games made in Unreal by solo devs don't give you the option to rebind controls?

Like, my hands are too big to WASD effectively. Just put in cursor keys as hardcoded alternatives/duplicates.

Warlander did that. And it looks pretty cool, though it's really slow and high-impact.

But you get to chop off enemy limbs with what is effectively a lightsaber.

The Hellpoint demo looks really nice and plays ok (once I turned the mouse sensitivity ALL the way down)... But same WASD problem, sigh.

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Kind Words is giving me life. I try to answer 5 letters a day, sending people encouragement. It's had a positive effect on me.

Aww this is so wholesome.. Very nice of you to do that. Come to think of it, you're basically free to write anything in the letter, right? I hope no one exploits that.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Eh
I still think a dino crisis game is being considered

Nore RE is ok but the lack of an re veronica rerelease is disappointing :s

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dino Crisis was cancelled because dinosaurs just aren't all that fun to fight.

Dakath

"This guy are sick"
Oct 26, 2017
My understanding is Itsuno had the choice to start development on DMC5 or Dragon's Dogma 2 or DinoCrisis and he said "who are you and how did you get into my office"

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping Made By Numbers is a little less slight than Aviary Attorney was. Not that Ace Attorney was the pinnacle of the whodunit or anything, but hard to be surprised in a case when Aviary had like two characters per case to deal with.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Dishonored 2 was awesome.

dis2cheevslkgl.png

Now time to be "too old for this shit" grizzle man who murders everyone.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I've so far finished off Untitled Goose Game, Trover Saves the Universe and Superhot for my Feb games which makes me happy I'm finding the time to actually play games again. I wanted to start Plague Tale however for whatever reason it decided to uninstall on me through Game Pass because I cancelled an update and can't use the existing data files to reinstall it. Sucks and one of the downfalls of Game Pass for PC is the lack of those typical features seen on Steam but it will get there eventually.

For now, I begin Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. So far the start is rather creepy, very keen.

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
is it the same devs?

No, just speaking in the sense of "games that try to ape AA" way, where I think Aviary missed the boat, I hope Numbers nails (there was another freeware one I played that had the same issues that I'm forgetting the name of). They at the very least have more characters in that intro than Aviary had in the entire game, at least.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
No, just speaking in the sense of "games that try to ape AA" way, where I think Aviary missed the boat, I hope Numbers nails (there was another freeware one I played that had the same issues that I'm forgetting the name of). They at the very least have more characters in that intro than Aviary had in the entire game, at least.

I expect zero out of the mystery part besides just some VN stuff, im mostly expecting a straight up picross game /shrug

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I expect zero out of the mystery part besides just some VN stuff, im mostly expecting a straight up picross game /shrug

There's a 13 min gameplay video, it's like got 1 puzzle in it so not sure how heavy it'll be on that (well, 1 puzzle and the tutorial, so about 1-2 minutes of it). So not sure how heavy it'll be on that either. Of course that could just be the pacing near the beginning.

Ganyc

Oct 26, 2017
March day1 buy: Trails of Cold Steel 3 (keep the anime alive)

unsure: Granblue Fantasy versus (stealth release, no crossplay, delay based netcode and has a pretty high price).

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
After a pretty dead January & February where I mostly played backlog this is a big month! Doom Eternal & HL Alyx have been pre-ordered on my steam since January (I rarely to never do that).

Wouldn't surprise me if one of them will end up as my GOTY. I think Alyx particularly could be mid blowing, can't wait to see if Valve still has the magic in 'em.

Jun 13, 2018
very excited for automobilista 2, panzer corps 2 and mount & blade 2. it's the month of 2s. also legend of heroes trails of cold steel 3 and that record of lodoss war deedlit game is interesting.

curious to see what else pops into existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.