Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Played some Vampyr earlier, got to the first NPC I could eat/feed on, decided to check online what that whole system was about, sorta-kinda froze and turned off the game (granted the checkpoint is right there lol). Not shitting on the game or the system in the slightest btw, I'm actually absolutely loving the game, I was just overwhelmed by all I read and will need to make some decisions before continuing I guess lol.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Played some Vampyr earlier, got to the first NPC I could eat/feed on, decided to check online what that whole system was about, sorta-kinda froze and turned off the game (granted the checkpoint is right there lol). Not shitting on the game or the system in the slightest btw, I'm actually absolutely loving the game, I was just overwhelmed by all I read and will need to make some decisions before continuing I guess lol.

It's definitely a lot to take in and the first time I "failed" a character quest line it put me off the game for months :P Love the game but it's a nightmare if you're a completionist.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
I think i might i might developed a honkering for some borderlands , but i got 100 hours on BL2 years ago, so my question is.. what did people enjoy more, the first one, or the pre-sequal ? They currently cost about the same, but the first got a big free upgrade coming soon as i understand.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I think i might i might developed a honkering for some borderlands , but i got 100 hours on BL2 years ago, so my question is.. what did people enjoy more, the first one, or the pre-sequal ? They currently cost about the same, but the first got a big free upgrade coming soon as i understand.
Pre sequel is basically just mediocre DLC for Borderlands 2. Borderlands 1 is a better game, to be honest.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_2019-03-28-21-17-01.png

Guys, stop dreaming.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! i will try to grab a copy before the free upgrade next week and hope theres still people playing it online .

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
https://www.wingamestore.com/product/3869/Tales-from-the-Borderlands/

Tales from Blands is the best game in the series. It's a not a shootig game but it has nice characters and humor, and the story is quite good too.

VirtualCloud

Aug 3, 2018
Pretty excited for borderlands 3 only played the second one but i enjoyed going through it with buddies and there all on board for the new one so well be going in once again

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Borderlands 3 trailer didn't hype me much at all. More excited for Rage 2. :P

Also, I kinda feel, in some way, bad for Gearbox if the game is EGS (timed) exclusive. They probably signed off the deal at a time where noone would know how annoyed PC gamers are at EGS.

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any idea why World in Conflict is not available on Steam any longer, only on GOG? Im gonna grab it on GOG now that it is on sale, but it's weird it's gone from Steam.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
After 9 hours of playing Sekiro i defeated first boss XD And i actually did it on the second try XD

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
tales from the boredlands truly was best

That thread was something to look at, lol

I wonder what will people say if/when Miyazaki releases a Easy mode for his games.
praise the sun, i hope

Summoning is as easy mode as it gets in ds. Watch someone roflstomp bosses all day every day.
in those games summoning either breaks balance or breaks the AI or is useless

it's very rare that you get a proper game experience when summoning

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just past the bull after 8ish hours in Sekiro (2 main bosses, god knows how many mini bosses)

Fuck me my hands hurt

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
Those graphics of BL3 look dated, it look's like they just upped the resolution of BL2 and called it a day.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

Some of you mentioned this website yesterday? Seems like a decent guy at least, being honest in that a ton of results are way off and putting a clear warning in the pages and trying to make sure stuff looks like they are estimation.

I still dont think the model is good, as it seems to be based on searching through public profiles and that would lead to a heavily polluted userbase (as most profiles of people with not that many games will be set to private)

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017

Some of you mentioned this website yesterday? Seems like a decent guy at least, being honest in that a ton of results are way off and putting a clear warning in the pages and trying to make sure stuff looks like they are estimation.

I still dont think the model is good, as it seems to be based on searching through public profiles and that would lead to a heavily polluted userbase (as most profiles of people with not that many games will be set to private)

At least it's better than that another site, which charges for access of those number and presenting them as accurate.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, that's how it works?

Yeah, that's going to introduce sample bias.
From their About Page

PlayTracker Insight gathers public data from gamers around the world in a random sample and extrapolates that data to estimate total values.

PlayTracker correlates that random data with internal data from PlayTracker users to get more detailed information, for example the "Achievements over time" graph, which shows how a game has fared over the years.

PlayTracker's current sample consists of over 20 thousand Steam accounts whose full game libraries are synced into a database with over 20 million data points. This makes PlayTracker Insight a reasonably reliable market analysis with a margin of error under 1% for 95% confidence. It is, however, still an estimate, and can be off. This is no different to other similar services.

To be honest, that is also how Steam Spy is supposed to work nowadays, which is why i have 0 trust on the results of it, even if Sergey said he nearly wrote an article about using biased data reliably.

At least it's better than that another site, which charges for access of those number and presenting them as accurate.
I have said several times that my main complain with Sergey is not being front off with some of the results that scream "OUTLIERS" the most and not be outgoing saying results are pretty likely to be wrong!
That is why I made that comment that I like him being in the forefront of the mistakes.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
IMG_20190328_234408.jpg

Did valve do this to get bethesda back?
Didn't work too ubisoft tho
As I commented on the discord:
It might be a trial ballon for the upcoming Event functionality in the Library. They did say they wanted to send emails and information about upcoming news from games you owned / played.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Haven't had a lot of time to play Sekiro since the weekend, but making some progress.

Managed to get Blazing Bull down on my second try, but Seven Ashina Spears took a good six.

Kind of overwhelmed how open it's suddenly become. Might just have to commit to a route until I hit a brick wall.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017

That's always my fear with games like that, I play them once and I'm done so the level of choice there makes me go oh no

Also I SAVE LIVES I DON'T EAT THEM

'We have a feeling this'll be a heated one'

No shit, Sherlock

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Dont click on the article, it punches a few on the bingo card.

Monopoly for one, Quantic Dreams not coming to PC if it weren't for glorious Epic is another.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
tl;dr - just an mild inconvenience; for every single person who put their opinion there, it was just a mild inconvenience.

I don't even know the point of this article to be honest. Is just the same (clearly unbiased) opinion worded in 10 different ways.
Point was to garner clicks and to make daddy epic happy

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
"(You know how we used to access all our games from a single place? We walked over to our bookshelves.)"

lmao

Oct 25, 2017
Exclusives for PC wouldn't be bad if Epic went all in and financed games like the big console exclusives like God of War or Spiderman.
As it is, it's just the same games you would see on PC anyway, just more limited than ever.

If Epic launched the EGS and was like "And we are funding Freelancer 2, Neverwinter Nights 3, Mother 4 and a sequel to Republic Commando" in a Bayonetta 2 kinda way, I think people would celebrate them.
Of course it's probably cheaper and safer to just buy games people were already excited for.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
It's a mild inconvenience for people who stopped being customers long ago and are spoiled brats handed press kits and review copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.