Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
None of the new playable characters look interesting.

At least on the plus side at least Anthony Burch isn't writing it as far as I recall so maybe it's better than 2 in that department.

Any word on meaningful changes in that BL GOTY thing? Or is it just the exact same thing repackaged?

edit: Looks like there's some stuff based on that PCGamer article.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Why i have feeling that they are giving this for free to soften the blow with EGS exclusivity? XD

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't Borderlands multiplayer still rely on gamespy or something ridiculous? Would be good for that to be updated

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
They've been showing this trailer during today's baseball game. Animations make it look like it runs at 15 FPS. Interesting that there's no pc port.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel I remembered the VR guy say htere would be some other VR info later, if it is later today I don't remember.

tmarg

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo
In hindsight, I'd venture not many people will want to annunce EGS exclusivity in front of a live audience that will boo them.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
In hindsight, I'd venture not many people will want to annunce EGS exclusivity in front of a live audience that will boo them.

The irony of the games media focusing only on EGS and sticking it in the face of Valve/ Steam, the games are falling by the wayside.

A nice metaphor for the EGS itself. This is all about Epic and not the games.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Going by Randy's earlier tweets on EGS. My guess is he made this deal (maybe not him specifically but just bear with me here) with no idea EGS would become the current sour point that it is.

Realizing that EGS is such a point of contention now. They played it safe being mum on platforms as to not hurt any good will. Much like how they had to drop "our good friends at valve".

Borderlands 3 will 99% be EGS Exclusive next week. But I think you're gonna see Gearbox/Randy being very quick to go "It's only a year and we're sorry to make some fans will wait"

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck, here in Mexico an Atelier game is the equivalent of 79 BRL, and 159 for the complete trilogy.

The thing with KT is that everything is decided in Japan, and yes, every release is just a lottery on what features it will have.
They just jacked up the prices ultra hardcore for DoA6 and Atelier Nelke. It hasn't been this bad until now, older Atelier games are like 50~100.
I REFUSE

I'LL CALL THIS GENRE OPEN BOXY BANG BANG BEFORE I CALL IT SHLOOTER

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guys they're didn't delay announcing platforms due to dancing around epic. Tons of games just announce with a pc tag. Step back and view things from a distance.

They just want you hooked into their ecosystems with watching the next video.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
560797375443238923.png

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Going by Randy's earlier tweets on EGS. My guess is he made this deal (maybe not him specifically but just bear with me here) with no idea EGS would become the current sour point that it is.

Realizing that EGS is such a point of contention now. They played it safe being mum on platforms as to not hurt any good will. Much like how they had to drop "our good friends at valve".

Borderlands 3 will 99% be EGS Exclusive next week. But I think you're gonna see Gearbox/Randy being very quick to go "It's only a year and we're sorry to make some fans will wait"

Yeah that's very likely. I'm not interested in Borderlands 3 myself, but no doubt many people will cave in and buy it on EGS despite disliking Epic's moneyhats. And Borderlands 3 being successful on EGS will lead to even more exclusivity deals. What a mess...

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Borderlands 3 being exclusive is gonna hurt a tad but waiting a year will actually be pretty sweet as I'll get the game with a ton of DLC out.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Yeah, I'd say that's fair. Nobody could have foreseen how aggressive Epic was going to be, nobody could have foreseen how badly developers and publishers communicate the exclusivity announcement with their audiences (even to this day), and nobody could have foreseen how Tim acts like he thinks he's indie gaming's messiah and Sergey acts like he's LulzSec.

The only thing that really could have been predicted was how the games press would take this opportunity to try to Own the Gamers.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
Wandering the PAX east show floor and there are wayyy too many games to add to my wishlist. Well, there would be if more of them had steam pages

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
Borderlands 3 being exclusive is gonna hurt a tad but waiting a year will actually be pretty sweet as I'll get the game with a ton of DLC out.

I love Borderlands and it would be the worst exclusive for me personally so far. But I will never be forced to the Epic store via an exclusive, not for any game. I would instead look forward to the GOTY version on the platform of my choice. I'd also like to take this opportunity to needlessly tell Epic to fuck off...Fuck off Epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.