Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I am very excited for this! I've seen some game play from the English patched PS2 game and I had no idea this was even happening. Instant wishlist.

RafikiX

Mar 24, 2023
[
Been replaying it the past month or so. Feels great to me. But i have a fairly beefy rig i feel. I recommend turning off raytracing though. Hogs resources.
I'm so sad RT is so demanding and there isn't any upscaling solution... Rt is very useful in this game imo, it makes everything more grounded and fixes all the issues I have with the lighting.
Currently replaying it a little before the dlc and It drops below 45 on a 12700k/4090...
I was hoping they would add dlss with the dlc

Premium Ghoul

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
[

I'm so sad RT is so demanding and there isn't any upscaling solution... Rt is very useful in this game imo, it makes everything more grounded and fixes all the issues I have with the lighting.
Currently replaying it a little before the dlc and It drops below 45 on a 12700k/4090...
I was hoping they would add dlss with the dlc
If you're OK with playing offline you can use this mod to enable DLSS (or FSR, XeSS, etc.)
www.nexusmods.com

Temporal Super Sampling

Adds integrations for NVIDIA DLSS Super Resolution/DLAA, AMD FSR and Intel XeSS

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
my hands & wrists, mostly the left side, are starting to slightly hurt when I use a Xbox controller and even a Steam Deck. But not when I use a mouse and keyboard. I haven't really been playing long sessions or super frequently recently. Maybe I'll do something else and give them a break.

But should I give the Dualshock or Dualsense a shot? I thought maybe if my left hand and wrist was getting irritated more, it could be the placement of the left stick since the thumb and wrist are less relaxed in that position.

GOG Summer Sale went live!

Not really anything outstanding on my wishlist though, just normal discounts they have had before. Might end up only with Alba Wildlife Adventure. Wanted to grab it before, but then went with Death's Door instead.
Maybe there will also be giveaways down the line.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Ghost of Tsushima. Right on time for Shadow of the Erdtree.
The music and visuals were really outstanding. A truly beautiful game.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
my hands & wrists, mostly the left side, are starting to slightly hurt when I use a Xbox controller and even a Steam Deck. But not when I use a mouse and keyboard. I haven't really been playing long sessions or super frequently recently. Maybe I'll do something else and give them a break.

But should I give the Dualshock or Dualsense a shot? I thought maybe if my left hand and wrist was getting irritated more, it could be the placement of the left stick since the thumb and wrist are less relaxed in that position.

if I had to guess it probably has less to do with stick placement and more to do with general wear and tear

try doing some of these maybe: https://esportshealthcare.com/gamer-stretches/, and a break (rest) is a good idea as well

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
GOG Summer Sale went live!

Not really anything outstanding on my wishlist though, just normal discounts they have had before. Might end up only with Alba Wildlife Adventure. Wanted to grab it before, but then went with Death's Door instead.
Maybe there will also be giveaways down the line.
Time to buy Outcast 2 and Alone in the Dark.

D O T

Jan 1, 2021
sad-crying.gif

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Just made a thread on the Natsu-Mon! news. No joke my most anticipated release for the rest of the year.

I played the Bokunatsu 2 fan translation earlier this year and it instantly became one of my favorite games of all-time. I'm so, so happy the franchise is finally getting an official English release (I know about the Shin-chan game but I figured that was only translated because the IP is famous).

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Where is the Fantasian Steam page dammit. Why don't developers and publishers put up wishlisting the moment your game is announced

There is more to gain listing the game immediately than waiting, sooner is better with the way the store algorithms work

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Started going through the demo list, in alphabetical order. Only like 2 demos aren't playable anymore (Blade Chimera being one of them), so I've got lots of stuff to go thru.

store.steampowered.com

Aarik And The Ruined Kingdom on Steam

Guide Aarik through wreck and ruin in this relaxing perspective puzzle adventure where the puzzle is your environment. Using your fathers crown repair, rework and rewind to mend your broken world.
cute puzzle game, where you rotate the stages in order to create paths for your character from fragments of scenery by changing perspective. Eventually you get teh power to pick up and restore broken pieces of scenery- the main use is to recreate knight statues, and then they point you the right way. It's neat, but nothing really outstanding.

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2535850/ADA_Tainted_Soil/
top-down pixel art zelda like. Feels similar to Morbid: Seven Acolytes, played pretty nice.

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1843540/Akimbot/
Fun Platformer-shooter. jump around, slice robotic bees, then get a tommyu gun to shoot a bunch of robot mafia goons, before facing off a boss. From time to time you need to "hack" stuff, which involves doing various minigames- 3 failures lead to death, but each time the minigamesa are different- ranging from snake to picking the right icon out of 3 moving ones, to simply hitting a bunch of buttons in correct sequence.

It's simple, but overall fun, and I didn't mind the banter between the 2 characters too much, which is always important in these "buddy comedy platformers" that try to channel Sony's classics.

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2655470/Alruna_and_the_NecroIndustrialists/

A pixel-art metroidvania about a dryad that wakes up in a post-apoc industrial hellscape. You get a whip, a slide and a crouch-to-high jump abilities to start, and you get to go through a bunch of rooms and kill a boss. Nothing crazy, but it's neat.

store.steampowered.com

Bahamut and the Waqwaq Tree on Steam

Discover a once-thriving ocean, now tainted by enigmatic dark entities. Your quest: decipher the mystery and rekindle the ocean's radiant light.

An underwater side-scroller. The premise is cool it looks very pretty, and I want to love it. But the main mechanic involves tracing sigils with light to activate machinery, and I'm just terrible at it.

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/896010/Clockwork_Ambrosia/
Oh my God, it's aliiiiive!
The long-awaited steampunk metroidvania that isn't Gestalt. The demo is purely on gameplay, which is some jumping, a lot of shooting, and also tinkering with your guns to shoot things to death quicker. The boss was really tricky, and it felt genuinely good to beat it. The demo level was a big-ass mining complex with lots of switches and one-way barrier doors, which made the right parts of my brain tingle. Can't wait.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
PC noob here, I've been noticing that my wrists is starting to hurt a bit now that I'm gaming more with the mouse.

I don't have a typical desk job, but I'm behind the computer most of the time but never had any wrist or arm issues before. I use a wireless Magic Mouse for all that work. I've had this gaming PC now for 3 weeks, and I use this horrible old wired mouse (why tf does my Bluetooth suck so bad..?) and I'm pretty sure the pain in my wrist is because of these gaming activities.

Am I missing some mouse movement etiquette? Should I buy a better mouse? ANything I'm missing?

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
PC noob here, I've been noticing that my wrists is starting to hurt a bit now that I'm gaming more with the mouse.

I don't have a typical desk job, but I'm behind the computer most of the time but never had any wrist or arm issues before. I use a wireless Magic Mouse for all that work. I've had this gaming PC now for 3 weeks, and I use this horrible old wired mouse (why tf does my Bluetooth suck so bad..?) and I'm pretty sure the pain in my wrist is because of these gaming activities.

Am I missing some mouse movement etiquette? Should I buy a better mouse? ANything I'm missing?
Maybe turn down your sensitivity, as in very low. That way, you'll have way more wrist and arm movement. As for the hand on your keyboard, well, just stretch it from time to time.

EDIT: Also, use a mouse that fits your hand. And maybe adjust your grip to something more relaxed.

stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
It is absurdly frustrating to me that Logitech discontinued the G600 without making a successor.

Where is my G600 Lightspeed?

I'd get the Aerox 9 Wireless from Steelseries, but they still don't make it in white...

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017

yea check your grips. i got rsi problems using a logitech mouse that went away after switching to a different mouse with a wider bottom for a more relaxed palm grip

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017

wireless gaming mice are very good and I would definitely recommend looking into one that more closely matches your hand grip with your work mouse

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of good tips here Sec0nd and I will add some that helped me, as someone that has historically been a console user or controller on PC but has recently put in far more time lately with m/kb only games (gdi SPT). Longer sessions too, and the repetition was really noticeably causing some strain.

For me, I started using some of these when I was doing something else, watching something, reading, anything where my hand was free. It greatly helped. Coupled those with a wrist glide (may not need something like this). I found that the way I use a mouse... it just makes my movements so much less stressful on my wrist.)

Very well could also just be a 'new' strain from the repetition that your wrists aren't accustomed to and it will lessen in time. That said, you really don't want to wait until serious damage is done before you make adjustments!

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
It is absurdly frustrating to me that Logitech discontinued the G600 without making a successor.

Where is my G600 Lightspeed?

I'd get the Aerox 9 Wireless from Steelseries, but they still don't make it in white...

*looks at my last g700

yeah I feel ya. Going to have to move to a g502 or Razer Basilisk someday since those are the closest.

Amzin

Oct 25, 2017

Since I work on PC and game on PC I'm pretty aggressive about trying to minimize RSI, so I've taken a few steps. I use a trackball for work when I can (which is most of the time since I code), which cuts out doubling down on the same movements.

As suggested, it's counter intuitive maybe but lowering sensitivity is a huge help. Moving with your arms, once you get used to it, allows for both better precision and avoids a lot of the common problems with smaller hand / finger movements.

Thirdly, I have one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08LVJSX3T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to use most of the time. I still use a classic gaming mouse for the rare occasions I feel like I need it but honestly this thing works fine 99% of the time and it's so much more comfortable, and I don't need to struggle with a wrist glide either. As a bonus it can in theory swap between 3 devices quickly but I almost never bothered (if my work mouse dies I'll fall back to this though).

Oct 25, 2017
store.steampowered.com

Strinova on Steam

Strinova is an anime-style third-person tactical competitive shooter. Switch freely between three-dimensional and two-dimensional forms in this one-of-a-kind game that offers a unique tactical shooting system for an unparalleled experience.

This shooter has a playtest starting in about 30 minutes. Lasts about a week or maybe 10 days. I'm not sure if you get instant access but you can sign up right from the steam page.

It's got an interesting mechanic where you can turn into a 2d version of yourself. It's 3rd person but has a first person aim, I guess kinda like Helldivers 2.

Unlike OW2/paladins, it actually has 5 distinct roles (according to website).

e1a965d31f323bb283a071888530ae601713781703.png

Duelist

Seize the initiative, control the pace of the battle, and swiftly decimate enemy forces.

9afd0cd2d6e745f0b089a9204f1091d61713781728.png

Sentinel

Set up defensive positions, support your allies, and disrupt the enemy's attack.

3116e2876df4f51a05b50ab8f9ac0ab21713781739.png

Support

Keep the team in good shape, improve its power, and enhance its combat capabilities.

4e55ffd6d146393f976f632f3b3237061713781757.png

Initiator

Acquire intelligence, expose the enemy's intentions, and help the team find an avenue of attack.

85b1cb75066c0837d1f7f9789bef04bd1713781768.png

Controller

Modify battlefield terrain, undermine enemy strength, and secure strategic advantages.

edit:
Wow this game has 3v3v3v3v3 TDM. And it's kinda sick!

image.png

Last edited:

Captainslow

Dec 3, 2020
Can anyone recommend a good written or video guide for people new to the world of Elden Ring? A video that outlines builds and what options you have? I found a bunch on YouTube of course, but was wondering if there are some veterans here who would recommend something. I would post in the Elden Ring thread but those folks seem like they'd not be extra helpful as they're discussing content that is not beginner focused.

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Played Knightfall with a friend because it was made free. It was a hilarious game. I mean, a drifting horse? AK-47 in medieval settings?
The ragdoll is classic Landfall games ragdoll which I can appreciate. The game seems to be pretty unoptimized though, and I can only find a game in NA servers despite living in Asia. Not asking much, since they made it free because it doesn't have a consistent playerbase.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Played Knightfall with a friend because it was made free. It was a hilarious game. I mean, a drifting horse? AK-47 in medieval settings?
The ragdoll is classic Landfall games ragdoll which I can appreciate. The game seems to be pretty unoptimized though, and I can only find a game in NA servers despite living in Asia. Not asking much, since they made it free because it doesn't have a consistent playerbase.

Free again for a limited time?

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Can anyone recommend a good written or video guide for people new to the world of Elden Ring? A video that outlines builds and what options you have? I found a bunch on YouTube of course, but was wondering if there are some veterans here who would recommend something. I would post in the Elden Ring thread but those folks seem like they'd not be extra helpful as they're discussing content that is not beginner focused.

Two quick questions:
1) How experienced are you with Souls games (or Bloodborne)?
2) What are your goals for Elden Ring? As in - do you want to experience the mystery and sense of discovery? Do you want to struggle through some of the weirdness on your own but just want a little help getting started? Do you want to just experience all the content/cool bosses without getting brick-wall stuck by having a really powerful build? Do you want to get DLC-ready as fast as possible?

#2 is kind of important because different people get different things out these games. Some people love the mysterious, sometimes aggravating, adventure but just want a little help getting started. Some people want a smoother experience and don't want FOMO that they are building their character "wrong", so they want to follow a build guide for optimal power.

Captainslow

Dec 3, 2020
Two quick questions:
1) How experienced are you with Souls games (or Bloodborne)?

I'm very experienced. I'm not the greatest but I've gone through all the FromSoft games and beaten them (Dark Souls 1-3, Demon Souls, Bloodborne, Sekiro) and have played through many many Souls-like games.

2) What are your goals for Elden Ring? As in - do you want to experience the mystery and sense of discovery? Do you want to struggle through some of the weirdness on your own but just want a little help getting started? Do you want to just experience all the content/cool bosses without getting brick-wall stuck by having a really powerful build? Do you want to get DLC-ready as fast as possible?

#2 is kind of important because different people get different things out these games. Some people love the mysterious, sometimes aggravating, adventure but just want a little help getting started. Some people want a smoother experience and don't want FOMO that they are building their character "wrong", so they want to follow a build guide for optimal power.

I'm not very good with open world games. I need a bit of structure to follow because I don't go off and explore on my own. Once I get a nudge, though, I can go for it. I'd say I'd like a mix of struggle and mystery. Ideally I'd like to build something that can get me to the DLC as I've understood that I need to beat some tough bosses to get into the DLC land. For the most part, I enjoy playing weapon related builds and tend to avoid magic characters. I simply like the look of swords and axes the most and enjoy hitting things close in. For Elden Ring I was thinking of going with a dexterity build as I've never done that before and I'm kinda tired of wielding huge weapons and want to jump around and complexly dismantle enemies.

Non-related to gaming, I'm a dad of three kids (4, 2, newborn) so gaming time is at a premium and I'd like to maximize the time I actually get to play.

northnorth

Dec 4, 2017
I'm very experienced. I'm not the greatest but I've gone through all the FromSoft games and beaten them (Dark Souls 1-3, Demon Souls, Bloodborne, Sekiro) and have played through many many Souls-like games.

I'm not very good with open world games. I need a bit of structure to follow because I don't go off and explore on my own. Once I get a nudge, though, I can go for it. I'd say I'd like a mix of struggle and mystery. Ideally I'd like to build something that can get me to the DLC as I've understood that I need to beat some tough bosses to get into the DLC land. For the most part, I enjoy playing weapon related builds and tend to avoid magic characters. I simply like the look of swords and axes the most and enjoy hitting things close in. For Elden Ring I was thinking of going with a dexterity build as I've never done that before and I'm kinda tired of wielding huge weapons and want to jump around and complexly dismantle enemies.

Non-related to gaming, I'm a dad of three kids (4, 2, newborn) so gaming time is at a premium and I'd like to maximize the time I actually get to play.

I've been there haha. Just one kid. And me. Dynamic duo. But he's 13 now and he plays with me. You sound a LOT better than me. He actually carries me through most everything. Haha but to answer your question. The most helpful videos to me and they're from a dad like us, is Fightin Cowboy on YouTube he's really good at the games, really good at explaining stuff, concise, etc. I go to him when I want to learn.

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
GOG sales are a hard pass for me. Games with discount on the storefront can't match region-adjusted full-priced games on Steam. Which is sad because I hold a high opinion of the GOG philosophy.

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
Fextralife? Their Youtube channel and their website are awesome, espececially for Elden Ring stuff.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
Ganepark32 Uzzy Did either of you get #BLUD in the end? I've got a budget of £20 and it's either this or Selaco!

Both look like fun on the deck too but the comments about the dodge roll put me off #BLUD a little.

oooh it's only £16 with Humble discount

Last edited:

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for all the wonderful advice regarding the wrist pain while gaming with a mouse. I'll definitely be looking into lowering sensitivity and use larger arm movements instead of small twitchy wrist movements.

I'll also be looking in to a more ergonomic mouse. Although I do see most of them are pretty large and tall. Given the fact that I've actually never had any issues using the Magic Mouse I kinda feel like I should actually look like something as small and flat as that one. Not sure if that's actually a dumb idea though, lol.

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
I'm visiting Super Nintendo World in Osaka at this moment. In a 100mins line to the Mario Cart Ride. Earlier 90mins to Yoshi's Ride. Next game should be Super Mario and the Mazes of Nightmares, based on this queue experience. Luckily the 5-year old son seems to have infinite energy and is having a blast. :)

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK