• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How was the PC Gaming Era GOTY Awards?

• Finally, a PC exclusive won this bloody thing

Votes: 233 47.5%
  • Agent 47 was robbed

Votes: 69 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy was robbed

Votes: 12 2.4%
  • Anime was robbed

Votes: 76 15.5%
  • Epic Store was robbed

Votes: 101 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
But epic doesn't allow console games, Now if Epic got N-games on PC, that would be a reason to maybe support them in future :P
if anyone gets nintendo to do regional pricing i'll worship them whoever they are

g2a my lord and savior

Man Resident Evil is a polarizing series. Lots of gatekeeping with stuff like "Anything after <insert favorite RE> isn't a REAL Resident Evil game".

But the annoying "RE2 is coming out so I played <insert RE>" and "RE2 is coming out soon" threads have spawned some super weird discussions.

This one is about RE4 not being that great and the majority of the people in the thread agreeing was very interesting. Felt like I was in crazy land. This is the game people called game of the century.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lttp-resident-evil-4-can-i-get-my-money-back.90097/

This one is about RE5 being better than 4 and a lot of people agreeing.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/re...ames-despite-the-detractors-semi-rlltp.91704/
yeah that's true, i think because the series itself has a very maleable identity since it's been pretty much done all sorts of versions of itself. i'm surprised there's no resident evil pro skater game

i actually also liked 5 better than 4 even tho i think the village sequences in 4 are probably some of the most impressive moments in gaming ever, at least relative to its time. i still personally prefer the old games because puzzle solving and exploration are more my thing than shooting, so i'm a bit sad they went in that different direction. the evil within did some cool things with the shooty/survival mix but i think i mostly liked the crazy imagery than playing it, specially that terrible stealth section at the beginning

and sadly the remakes aren't for me as resident evil is dumb and it has spiders and my phobias have gotten worse and i can't play them anymore -.-

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like such a failure.

Picked up Slay the Spire and Into the Breach during the Steam Fall sale and neither spoke to me.

** turns in gamer card **

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
It took months but Konami finally replied back, I am not sure if they replied back in another thread but this is the first time that I am aware of that they seem to acknowledge the issue, I think the PS4 version also had this issue at launch but that was patched long ago

OMEGALUL

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
I feel like such a failure.

Picked up Slay the Spire and Into the Breach during the Steam Fall sale and neither spoke to me.

** turns in gamer card **

Its OK not to like things, I started playing Valkyria Chronicles and I have fucking hate it. Its a fucking mess and I don't how it got so many sequels.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I'm just hoping that these games have VR support and aren't VR exclusive.

I highly highly doubt that of course.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Finally started playing Night in the Woods. First chapter down and yeah, I'm really feeling it. It gets that feeling of coming home after uni down just right.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I was a huge fan of Onimusha back in the PS2 days, will be interesting to see how it holds up. 2 was my favorite, I hope it gets a remaster as well.

JMTHEFOX

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
ffdFkA4.jpg

This feels weird.
Holy shit. I thought it was fake until I looked up the humble store just now.

Megaton if this is successful and becomes a permanent thing.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
No, idea how much money Valve is investing into their new HMD but I would imagine that they would have it where that would be the most ideal way to play the game and that they would also try to make it playable with other VR devices as well, and that those 2 games would ship included with their HMD.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Anyone played this game? Is it worth playing nowadays?

Wait really? I assumed it was an RPG of sorts.
Ughm, no, it's not. And if I remember correctly, it didn't have any sort of story or campaign, only skirmish battles and online, which is obviously dead now. If you haven't played it before, don't bother with it, personally, I'm going to replay it soon only because of my weird nostalgia reasons. Not sure why release date on store page is incorrect, it's 2009 game, not 2011.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Finally started playing Night in the Woods. First chapter down and yeah, I'm really feeling it. It gets that feeling of coming home after uni down just right.
It's really good, much better at capturing what it set out to do then LiS. Without the terrible on the nose Catcher in the rye references too.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
Robot huh? Gives me throwbacks to Age of Empires Online.

I've played the first Orcs Must Die and it was pretty good. Is Unchained worth playing if I don't wanna grind forever?
Well apparently during the final days they'll be giving out free currency so there shouldn't be much of a grind but if you haven't played OMD2 then I'd say play that instead.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
Holy shit. I thought it was fake until I looked up the humble store just now.

Megaton if this is successful and becomes a permanent thing.
I kind of wish that they will do more with it, any world if you at least get the coins for the eshop if you buy it from HB? There are sites like GMG that sell digital PSN games but I feel like they do a much better job since not only do you get 7-10% off pre-orders (The big name sony games are single player games so PS+ is not really needed anyway) and you can also get PS Cash cards for 7% off as well. So they offer something that is pretty great for those that are digital only (not sure if all of that is US only or not, even though GMG is UK based). I mean if you want a good deal on N/S games well Amazon is doing that and is now doing 20% off without needing to have Amazon Prime, so I am not sure what HB really provides.

As far as I have seen the main benefit that HB has is if you are both a PC and N/S users (and based off Steam controller data there seems to be a decent amount of those types of people), so I guess you buy PC games from HB (use your, or your friends HM 10% off discount) and since you get a cashback when you get enough of a cash back you can now use that to get a discount on N/S (and 3DS) games?? But would you get coins though? And if you did I guess you would just use that to buy DLC for the game??

It's still weird thinking about it, since HB mainly caters to a PC audience, but then again so did GMG but they have since expanded to PS stuff in the last 1 or 2?

Is there a chance that this means that IGN wants to invest even more in the N/S and one of their main goals will be to get more people to buy from them as well (since HB does publish games on N/S)

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
LOL.

If anything I'll likely check in on Into the Breach sometime down the road when the mood strikes.

Maybe the timing was just off.
timing is sometimes it (it took me two full playthroughs of nier tomato to like it), but also some things are just not for you and that's fine. don't be pressured to like anything

shame into the breach didn't do it for you tho, i think that game is amazing

i told y'all that game was something special

i specially like the pervasive feeling of capitalism making everyone miserable

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
My 2 'go to' for the Ironclad (Knight guy) is strength or defense builds

* = important card
- = nice to have

Important cards for Strength build:
* Heavy Blade
* Inflame
* Demon Form
* Limit Break
- Headbutt (you can retrieve your Heavy Blades with it)
- Sword Boomerang
- Pummel
- Flex

Defense build:
* Body Slam
* Entrench
* Barricade
* Metallicize
- Headbutt (you can retrieve your Body Slams with it)
- Flame Barrier
- Impervious

Ah, thanks! I'll try both out on my next runs. I think I haven't been focusing enough in one or the other direction.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Wendy's is streaming Rocket League on twitch for some reason. 2019 is off to some start.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
You are not a real pc gamer until you've built a decent size stone house in minecraft.

If you haven't then a top 5 finish in a fortnite match could be used as a substitute.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
What websites/methods do you guys use to track your collection of games or played Vs. unplayed/progress?

I've used backloggery for years. It's nice, but at times a bit too simple and old feeling. Especially when you buy 40+ games from a sale and gotta add each one individually.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
That's why I enjoy when sites like Polygon are willing to march to the beat of their own drum and put up atypical choices. I don't doubt that there's some outlets out there who are contrarian only 'cause they want to attract traffic, but I get the feeling this a slim minority. All the sites I've perused with oddball picks have done a great job of describing why those titles resonated with them.

Ultimately I find it refreshing and great for discovery*.

I don't understand this. I mean, it would agree if Polygon added some hidden gems that few people know on their list. But we're talking about heavily marketed AAA stuff here, that was significantly worse than most other AAA games released that year.

Anyway, this is just my opinion and it's perfectly fine to think otherwise. :)

It sounds like Sea of Thieves has improved quite a bit since launch though

Rare added another bunch of fetch quests, a new (empty) area and a rowboat. I'll leave it up to you to decide if this is "quite a bit" or not ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.