• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
is there really no easy way to change the button promps for RDR 2 to Playstation buttons?

is there really still no easy way to change the button promps for most games from XBox to Playstation??
Is your connection wireless or wired? Native Dualshock 4 support is sometimes limited to wired connection.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
so disabling will enable playstion promps?

ok :D

For games not using Steam Input, that option will emulate Xbox controller (Xinput) as many games don't support DInput controlllers (which is how PS4 controller appears for PCs), that's why sometimes it breaks for games with native support.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Rather than disabling Steam input globally, you can also right click the game, go into properties under its context menu and flag that game as an exception. I believe that will do the job as well.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
The_Female_V_Dilemma.png

Behold, my Cyberpunk 2077 experience thus far.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
My AoE II HD install got corrupted somehow, and was giving me all kinds of weird errors. The normal Long Swordsman was replaced by a beta unit (looking like AoE's Bronze age swordsman, but flickering in and out of existence), houses were of a wrong civ (and trying to build more would crash the game), etc.

Instead of looking into it, doing some googling and verifying file integrity, I spent most of the weekend blaming incompatibility issues on old scenarios I was trying to run in HD. Wasted a good chunk of the weekend's playing time, because the errors prevented me from being able to load my saves, so I had to basically try iron manning stuff. :o

It sucks that HD isn't natively compatible with UserPatch. I'll probably have to spend some time over my winter break to dig into how the compatibility fix works, because there's a few old scenarios that just flat out break trying to run them with HD's updated AI.scripts.

Last edited:
Just finished Lake Ridden, and after a nice start sadly the game lost me in the second half.
Too many repeating puzzles, too much running back and forth. The later riddles fall flat on me, I couldn't really follow the line of thinking there and lost patience. And some light trial'n'error stuff as the final puzzle.
Story was weird, too.
Bummer. The atmosphere was neat, though.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Maybe this is better in this thread - I'm trying to prove to myself that I'm not crazy and that performance gets worse the longer the game is running.
I used a controlled setting to do this. This is with the AMD exe code "fix" active.

Ryzen 3600X
RTX 3070
16 GB RAM 3200Mhz (XMP on)
SSD

So here are my findings - I'm incredibly bad at this fight, but it is the perfect situation to test something like this.

After a fresh boot I get this:

This is after a few failures:

And this is after a while:

Since I reloaded most of the time, it's the same time of day, same closed surroundings, same everything. Just less frames each time I do it.
I don't think that's my hardware - would be weird if it was. Temps are normal, power usage seems fine too.

After this I went back, changed back the exe to the normal one without the Code fix.

I didn't take any screens this time but booted back up. FPS were similar to the first screen, even a few FPS more (mid 80s). Tried driving around the city and got mid 40s again sometimes and being CPU limited (usage depending on the core was at below 20% sometimes, only one or two cores around 80%). After 15 minutes or so loaded the fight again and I had less FPS still - maybe 5-6 or so less (high 70s).

This is driving me crazy! So maybe all of this is a placebo and it's just a fresh boot every time. Seems to me, the optimization for Ryzen CPUs could use some work. And it's not a memory leak, memory usage didn't hit any ceiling during all of this. Still around 6 gigs available.

Incredibly frustrating.

@Dictator Any chance you have similar findings over at DF?

Last edited:
1 gift from crimsonheadGCN

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from crimsonheadGCN crimsonheadGCN!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Maybe this is better in this thread - I'm trying to prove to myself that I'm not crazy and that performance gets worse the longer the game is running.
I used a controlled setting to do this. This is with the AMD exe code "fix" active.

Ryzen 3600X
RTX 3070
16 GB RAM 3200Mhz (XMP on)
SSD

So here are my findings - I'm incredibly bad at this fight, but it is the perfect situation to test something like this.

After a fresh boot I get this:

This is after a few failures:

And this is after a while:

Since I reloaded most of the time, it's the same time of day, same closed surroundings, same everything. Just less frames each time I do it.
I don't think that's my hardware - would be weird if it was. Temps are normal, power usage seems fine too.

After this I went back, changed back the exe to the normal one without the Code fix.

I didn't take any screens this time but booted back up. FPS were similar to the first screen, even a few FPS more (mid 80s). Tried driving around the city and got mid 40s again sometimes and being CPU limited (usage depending on the core was at below 20% sometimes, only one or two cores around 80%). After 15 minutes or so loaded the fight again and I had less FPS still - maybe 5-6 or so less (high 70s).

This is driving me crazy! So maybe all of this is a placebo and it's just a fresh boot every time. Seems to me, the optimization for Ryzen CPUs could use some work. And it's not a memory leak, memory usage didn't hit any ceiling during all of this. Still around 6 gigs available.

Incredibly frustrating.

@Dictator Any chance you have similar findings over at DF?
Yeah I am not sure what this is about. It points to some sort of performance degredation post-reloads of saves which is not good. I am not sure I have ever gotten this but I did not spend much time being CPU limited. I was always purposefully vsync or GPU limited.
That absoutely suck to read :X

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
1091500_20201214174756_1.png

Huh, surprised she's just straight up in the game and not a 'Here's a NPC that looks like her.'

You dun Judy wrong. btw, the launcher says there's a photo mode contest. I haven't looked into it but it seems like something that might interest you.

I do like me a photo mode contest, might give it a shot.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yeah I am not sure what this is about. It points to some sort of performance degredation post-reloads of saves which is not good. I am not sure I have ever gotten this but I did not spend much time being CPU limited. I was always purposefully vsync or GPU limited.
That absoutely suck to read :X

Do you think it's optimization in this case or is a 6 core CPU just too weak to get a consistent 60 fps for this game? I kinda feel bad about not picking the 3700X when I had the chance.
Also between the first 3 screens there was loads of re-loading but when I tried this the second time I only loaded one savegame - are you sure it's not degradation over time?

It's so weird, it seems like my CPU just gets less utilization over time, threads are just not nearly maxed out or even properly taxed.

5 gifts from spineduke

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 5 gifts from spineduke spineduke!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

spineduke said:
Just some Humble Choice stuff that I had lying around.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Shining Resonance Refrain - Won by Taborcarn Taborcarn (6 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Zwei: The Arges Adventure - Won by Mozar Mozar (4 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection - Won by RR30 RR30 (4 entries)
  • Steam Steam: The Haunted Island, A Frog Detective Game - Won by Equirah Equirah (2 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Frog Detective 2: The Case Of The Invisible Wizard - Won by Mad Mad (3 entries)

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Where have you been for the last couple of months?

Very nice reply.

Edit:. If you want a more detailed answer, I find the gaming side exhausting at times and don't feel the need to visit it as much. Waste of my time to respond to quips, or attempted 'gotcha' moments. Ive been fairly active in a couple pc related threads though. I know limited supply is driving prices up but get frustrated when I see companies laugh at msrp in their releases.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Uzzy with the heel turn by disrespecting Judy.

Judy: 'Hey Uzz-V wanna get pizza, I'm sad.'
Panam: 'Hey Uzz-V you wanna black out the city again? Or shoot up some more corpos? Or wipe out a shiv gang hideout? Or help me steal a tank? And then pilot the tank together and link our nervous systems while wiping out more shiv gangers? Also we're gonna have constant sexual tension throughout these activities, hope you don't mind!

I mean, I do like pizza. Buuuuuuuuuut....

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Tried cyberpunk with RT on and off and as nice as RT is and it boosts visuals, man, 90-100 fps just feels (and looks) better to me

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Did some more testing in and after a story mission. Had around 5 re-loads during that.

This one is right after the play session where I did a few re-loads during a mission, just standing in the street:
cyberpunk2hoursplayedh6k4b.png

This one is after a fresh boot right afterwards, same spot:
cyberpunkfreshboot78fc7kao.png

Before I had to load for the first time I checked for degradation over time in the menu as my guess is that's a place not GPU limited at all. I'm not sure if that works though as I guess the game holds some stuff in the back to get back into the game faster, so it might be important where you're standing. Both times are in a building during a mission for me.

This one at the start of the mission after maybe playing 2-3 minutes.

cyberpunkovertime-frejbks4.png

This one after maybe 20 minutes playing the mission.

cyberpunkovertime-frel0kf8.png

Dictator don't wanna bother you too much but you can potentially tell me if the character menus during normal play are a good place to check if performance gets worse over time? Not sure if standing in place and letting the game sit for 20 minutes would be better as time of day might also changes performance quite a bit.

I know it's most likely a waste of time doing this, but not knowing what the issue is and at the same time being at least kinda close to tell what the symptoms are is driving me up the walls. :P

For me it's potentially the difference between being able to play with raytracing or not. Could enable it at the start of Main Jobs and disable it again once I hit the streets but I don't wanna fine tune the game all the time.

yaffi

Oct 28, 2017
Did some more testing in and after a story mission. Had around 5 re-loads during that.

This one is right after the play session where I did a few re-loads during a mission, just standing in the street:
cyberpunk2hoursplayedh6k4b.png

This one is after a fresh boot right afterwards, same spot:
cyberpunkfreshboot78fc7kao.png

Before I had to load for the first time I checked for degradation over time in the menu as my guess is that's a place not GPU limited at all. I'm not sure if that works though as I guess the game holds some stuff in the back to get back into the game faster, so it might be important where you're standing. Both times are in a building during a mission for me.

This one at the start of the mission after maybe playing 2-3 minutes.

cyberpunkovertime-frejbks4.png

This one after maybe 20 minutes playing the mission.

cyberpunkovertime-frel0kf8.png

Dictator don't wanna bother you too much but you can potentially tell me if the character menus during normal play are a good place to check if performance gets worse over time? Not sure if standing in place and letting the game sit for 20 minutes would be better as time of day might also changes performance quite a bit.

I know it's most likely a waste of time doing this, but not knowing what the issue is and at the same time being at least kinda close to tell what the symptoms are is driving me up the walls. :P

For me it's potentially the difference between being able to play with raytracing or not. Could enable it at the start of Main Jobs and disable it again once I hit the streets but I don't wanna fine tune the game all the time.

This reads like classic memory leaks. There are several threads on Reddit about it.

like here: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/karc5m/the_game_has_memory_leak/

And there's pretty much nothing you can do about it, other than restarting every now and then.

Thekeats

Nov 1, 2017
I know there are one or two people in here that like there Deck Building games.

the prologue for Fights in Tight Spaces is live. Ie the demo version.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Welp, a ten minute venture to try and fix why my computer was only pulling in half my RAM and I'm stuck in a boot cycle with no display. Even though I game mostly using a PC now, I shouldn't be allowed to tinker with one.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
I played some games from the recent humble choice bundles these past few days.

Children of Morta was pretty good. Nice variety with the character playstyles and the random artifacts and runes you get.
I often thought the characters looked bad but i liked everything else with the graphics and the presentation.
At first i was bored with the story and skipped a lot of cutscenes but at some point it became a lot more interesting. The game also didn't overstay it's welcome which i appreciate.
The one thing i didn't like was the corruption system that forced me to use different characters when i wanted to use a specific one. I thought this didn't serve any purpose and only made the game less fun for me.

One step from eden on the other hand was a disappointment. I see it being recommended occasionally so i was almost certain that i would like it since I love roguelikes (or whatever is the proper term) but i didn't like the pace of the game nor the graphics. I knew how the game looked going in but i was hoping gameplay would make up for it. Unfortunately even besides the pace, the gameplay just didn't grab me. Readability was also bad when a lot of effects were going on and the artstyle doesn't help.

Darksiders 3 was decent, i had fun because i was in the mood for that kind of game but i had several issues with it. The dodge was the worst dodge in a game i have played, so mane recovery frames. I would much rather the game had a stamina system than a slow dodge. Movement in general didn't feel that good. Jump and double jump also felt sluggish. Sometimes i couldn't tell if i was using the faster run or not because there wasn't much difference between the two types of running.
Story was worse than the previous games (at least from what i remember from the previous games) but there were some scenes with the Lord of the Hollows that were very well written and acted.
Performance was pretty bad with a 580 and even when there were small fluctuations in the framerate between 45-50 frames the game felt like it was running at 20-30 fps.
Overall i thought the previous games were much better but this was entertaining enough to be worth playing.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 is my first game in the series, i have only played about an hour but story seems really good with interesting characters. The gameplay though felt very junky and overall bad. Not sure if i will continue playing or not.

Overcooked 2 was too hard for me and my niece. We play the first one occasionally and do pretty good, in this one we could only do 1 stage together from the ones we tried. It does look nicer than the first one though.

Last edited:

Dakath

"This guy are sick"
Oct 26, 2017
Unsung Story is Yasumi Matsuno's spiritual successor to Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story, with many exciting innovations. In a world where spells are cast as songs and magic can reshape reality, the original shapers created a way to sing history and store it in the grand Opus to stabilize the land. But now, the 77-Year War has come, and evil has won. Players will need to build a team of Unsung Heroes who will start at the final battle; heroes who will work their way back in time to save the world.

👀
I kickstarted this.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Might be worth of note that Jurassic Park Evolution is likely one of 15 Epic Store freebies. (maybe why it's so cheap now)

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Might be worth of note that Jurassic Park Evolution is likely one of 15 Epic Store freebies. (maybe why it's so cheap now)

Someone floated me this weird link and says this is what's potentially upcoming. I'm seeing Oddworld, NITW, Darkest Dungeon and Jurassic World Evo.

I think the rest have been given away or are free?

linky

unknown.png

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This reads like classic memory leaks. There are several threads on Reddit about it.

like here: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/karc5m/the_game_has_memory_leak/

And there's pretty much nothing you can do about it, other than restarting every now and then.

Wouldn't a memory leak only become apparent when my rig ran out of memory?
In all of the cases where I paid attention there was still plenty of memory around. Well - maybe not VRAM.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
cp77s performance degradation is honestly the reason why i think so many of the community fixes are percieved to work. Because people simply restart thier games lol

after an hour gameplay, my fps is regularly dropping below 60, while in the first hour or so its constantly above exploring the same areas

Status
Not open for further replies.