Status
Not open for further replies.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Someone floated me this weird link and says this is what's potentially upcoming. I'm seeing Oddworld, NITW, Darkest Dungeon and Jurassic World Evo.

I think the rest have been given away or are free?

linky

unknown.png

Yeah, that's the main source (Epic's ratings for Korea Releases) for figuring out freebies. (Although does include paid releases too)

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Oh well. The deluxe version barely cost me anything so I'm still happy with the purchase.

Kiru

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the wil give away FEZ again, just for collection's sake, because that's the only epic game I ever missed lol. I already have it on steam tho.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's no way Sony is ageeing to give Horizon away this soon. They've barely discounted it.

And a few of the others are from publishers with no EGS prescence.

I also highly doubt BL3 simply because they are looking to push next gen sales right now.

spiel

Oct 28, 2017
One step from eden on the other hand was a disappointment. I see it being recommended occasionally so i was almost certain that i would like it since I love roguelikes (or whatever is the proper term) but i didn't like the pace of the game nor the graphics. I knew how the game looked going in but i was hoping gameplay would make up for it. Unfortunately even besides the pace, the gameplay just didn't grab me. Readability was also bad when a lot of effects were going on and the artstyle doesn't help.

It's the total opposite for me, I wasn't expecting much (all the comparison to MMBN went over my head) but the game grew on me. I played an adventure game from the bundle before this so the frantic combat was a nice change of pace. It's pretty hard and I was close to giving up until I found some decks that worked for me and started making more progress. I love the design of the boss characters. Agree that when the game starts piling on enemy attacks, it quickly becomes overwhelming. But most attacks are well telegraphed and it also gets easier once you pick up on enemy patterns.

My build finally came together and I got my first pacifist clear after 24 hours. The advanced stuff is wayyy above my skill ceiling though so I'm done with the game.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
Gimme that Wasteland 3 patch. Can't wait to finally play it :D Also, restarted RDR2 a few days ago. Man, on ultra settings and with resolution scaling this game is freaking beautiful. 3060 Ti doing the work :D

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Curious what people loved about Wasteland 3? I've sunk a decent chunk of time into it, and its gotta be one of the most bog standard crpgs ive ever played. I'm mostly disappointed with the writing and scenario design, its just really cookie cutter stuff. Same with the combat - just don't know what to make of the whole package really.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
Curious what people loved about Wasteland 3? I've sunk a decent chunk of time into it, and its gotta be one of the most bog standard crpgs ive ever played. I'm mostly disappointed with the writing and scenario design, its just really cookie cutter stuff. Same with the combat - just don't know what to make of the whole package really.

I am kind on the same page as you.
I can see what people like about it, as in the freedom to create your own character, a story that remembers and value your decisions, the setting is well done, too.
Having said that, the actual plot fell flat to me as I wasn't interested in any character or faction and the combat felt like a chore, there is a lot of combat and it never clicked with me, so every time more combat was presented I was like "urgh".

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Just Uzz-V looking in the mirror in Act 3.

1091500_20201215132031_1.png

Then I went to put a different outfit on, and...

SPOILER_1091500_20201215132114_1.png

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually quite hyped for EA Pass coming to Gamepass PC and waiting for it to drop (tho I don't know when it will be exactly).
I don't think I am actually taking advantage of Gamepass as much I thought I would looking at the library and that will probably stay the same after EA pass drop, but there is still that "oohh a bunch of new games" feeling.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Doom Eternal. After the first hunter mini-boss kicked my ass at first I was hesitant to tackle the next section with two of them at the same time. As it turns out, beat them first attempt. The battle continues on ultra violence (with controller), which I'm reluctant to drop because that would be like admitting I'm getting older.

maxresdefault.jpg

fokkusu

Oct 26, 2017
NVIDIA Rolls Out New Drivers for Vulkan Ray Tracing, Upgrades Quake II RTX

--

Quake II RTX 1.4.0 PATCH
Hey, everyone! Today we're releasing v1.4.0, featuring added support for final Vulkan Ray Tracing API, and enabling dynamic selection between the pre-existing NVIDIA VKRay and the new Khronos extension backends.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Potentially of interest here, Indigo Gaming finally put out Part 2 of their Cyberpunk documentary, only a year after Part 1 which I really enjoyed.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Oh, neat, Hazel Sky has a release window now.

Played the demo way back, and the world sounded pretty interesting.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, just watched that Cyberpunk Digital Foundry verdict of the Xbox One version.

Framerate constantly in the low 20s, Sub 720p resolution.
That's Shadow Of Mordor PS3 version territory.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
honorless I recall you liking puzzle games. I saw this one mentioned in today's topic about Manifold Garden, wondered if you had tried it.

store.steampowered.com

Mirror Drop on Steam

An overwhelmingly psychedelic puzzle game full of mirrors, over-saturated colors, and infinities.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Steam has Gears of War 5 for $9.99. If you're not into gamepass, I highly recommend it at that price.

Just Uzz-V looking in the mirror in Act 3.

1091500_20201215132031_1.png

Then I went to put a different outfit on, and...

SPOILER_1091500_20201215132114_1.png

My character is wearing a hat, so now she's bald when she looks in the mirror.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
My most hated bug for sure.

Mine is disappearing inventory items, including my sweet katana from linking to GOG.com. Also, I've had to replay two sections of the game because of bugs that prevent me from completing tasks.

At least I haven't run into this one:

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
new game bundle on humble. I'll add links to the post soon.

www.humblebundle.com

Humble Québec Indies Bundle

Pay what you want for awesome games from independent Québécois developers and support charity!

45Sn9hU.png

cmtNQgC.png

eCuL2Ev.png

store.steampowered.com

Leap of Fate on Steam

Leap of Fate is a furiously-paced cyberpunk roguelite about overcoming your fears and achieving your fate. In a New York City where magic is real, you play as a technomage who must develop unspeakable powers to confront the Crucible of Fates. Can you survive the trials?
store.steampowered.com

Aeolis Tournament on Steam

Use the power of the wind to compete in the various games of the Storm Championship in this charmingly chaotic 8-player action party game. Aeolis Tournament features physics-based gameplay, a tournament mode and local and online multiplayer play.
store.steampowered.com

Toto Temple Deluxe on Steam

Toto Temple Deluxe is a fast-paced, local-multiplayer king-of-the-hill style game in which players must steal an egg-laying goat from their friends and try to keep it on their own head for as long as possible. You know, normal stuff.

store.steampowered.com

Light Fall on Steam

Craft your path in this innovative 2D platformer. Master the use of your own platform to explore the Forgotten World of Numbra and save the land and its inhabitants from an imminent threat. Do you have what it takes to survive in perilous Numbra?
store.steampowered.com

Jotun: Valhalla Edition on Steam

Jotun is a hand-drawn action-exploration game set in Norse mythology. In Jotun, you play Thora, a Viking warrior who died an inglorious death and must prove herself to the Gods to enter Valhalla. Impress the Gods!
store.steampowered.com

Crew 167: The Grand Block Odyssey on Steam

Crew 167 finds himself alone on a spaceship hurtling towards a destination that may be the salvation that his home is seeking. Isolated, his mind begins to create hallucinations to keep him entertained. Dive into the mind of the character as he tries to make sense of the world around him.
store.steampowered.com

Epic Manager - Create Your Own Adventuring Agency! on Steam

Epic Manager is a unique crossover between Sports Management and classic JRPGs. Experience an addictive “one more turn” mix of tycoon strategy, roguelike elements, roster management, combat and character progression, all rooted in an epic yet light-hearted fantasy setting. Rated ‘E’ for EPIC!
store.steampowered.com

Knight Squad on Steam

Knight Squad is an insane 1 to 8 players chaotic arena friendship destroyer. Take on current friends and future frenemies in any of the incredibly fun game modes, ranging from Last Man Standing to Medieval soccer. All of that using only weapons from the Middle Ages… and laser guns… and miniguns.

store.steampowered.com

Castle Story on Steam

Castle Story is a creative voxel-based strategy game in which you can build castles one brick at a time using an army of little creatures called Bricktrons. Design and build your own castles, expand your territory in a vast landscape and defend your Bricktrons against onslaughts of hostile...
store.steampowered.com

Tales from Candlekeep: Tomb of Annihilation on Steam

On the deadly peninsula of Chult, an adventuring party must fight their way through dangerous jungles, labyrinths and dungeons to find and reverse the cause of the death curse. Choose to play as one or more of the four adventurers to face many perilous challenges and deadly foes throughout the...
store.steampowered.com

Mages of Mystralia on Steam

In a world of magic, your mind is your greatest weapon. Learn the ways of magic and design your own spells to fight enemies, navigate treacherous terrain, and right past wrongs in the kingdom of Mystralia.
store.steampowered.com

Speed Brawl on Steam

Speed Brawl is a 2D combat-racer about moving fast and hitting hard! Maintain your momentum, build your combos, and unleash powerful special moves. Find your own fighting style, and assemble the finest team of brawlers ever seen. Then do it all again faster... faster... FASTER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.