Votes: 418 26.7%

• Total voters

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
according to steamspy, game sold between 20M-50M

steamspy.com

Palworld -

Steam Spy automatically gathers data from Steam user profiles, analyzes it and presents in simple, yet beautiful, manner. Steam Spy is designed to be helpful for indie developers, journalists, students and all parties interested in PC gaming and its current state of affairs.

of course, i am not really sure how accurate this number

GFCAwT6WQAAmHQJ
Steamspy is trash
This was the estimate the day we hit 7 Million sales:

tePXRus.png

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, there's no way they sold that much. they were just celebrating 8 million steam sales not too long ago, if they were at 20+mil at the minimum they would have said something by now

GlobeGamer

Aug 26, 2021
Anyone else having a problem with their Xbox Series X overheat while playing Palworlds and your system just overheats ?

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, there's no way they sold that much. they were just celebrating 8 million steam sales not too long ago, if they were at 20+mil at the minimum they would have said something by now

If they were truly at 20+ million already, they could respond to TPC by saying, "we are the Pokémon now."

They are probably at 10 million by now, but maybe not. I could see them keeping a low profile for now while they work things through.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Either way, no matter how much more they've sold than the 8m, they're effectively set for whatever they want to do next. They could pretty much self-publish a AAA game if they wanted to.

Rod

Oct 25, 2017
Damn...

MS might have replied to them with the GP/XBOX sales of the first week then

Maybe they'll announce the full sales now, all tallied up?

What if a Sony announcement PS, tho?

sedael

Oct 16, 2020
How the hell do these sites have such a big difference in calculation? It makes me not believe any of them.

none of them are super accurate in general but the real answer is that things like palworld in the middle of millions of sales a day is inherently an out of distribution event, theres no training data to compare it to

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
haven't had much time to play it, but have put a bit of time in it and its pretty fun. The crafting I really don't care for (in any game, really), but the visuals are nice.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Gamalytic currently has Palworld at 18M, so IDK about that...
A good thing to know is that most of those models is that they work on a delay caused by their data collection / calculations, so they normally are telling you what they expect sales to be X days ago, so if the model is saying they sold 8M the moment they announced 8M, it is kind of an "error" . It works better
But in general, its just hard to for most of these models to estimate these kind of outlier cases as they are trained / created around more normal behaviour. And the people promoting these estimates should make a better job at explaining when a number really feels like an outlier (like in this case, or when SteamSpy had Monster Hunter World having sold like 10M on PC despite no major announcement from Capcom).

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
I want to say to everyone that I apologize for my behavior several days ago in this thread

I still have negative feelings about this game, but I definitely took it too fucking far. I just…when I feel like I'm talking about something I feel is important, I get tunnel vision. Not mad but like. I guess there is a part of me that cares about winning debates and feeling superiority to people…

I hate this part of myself and I'm going to work to cut it out. I just wish that I knew how to advocate for people like artists or social causes without like. Getting like this.

Once again, I'm sorry. I'm gonna try to turn this into a positive and change for the better.

Oct 27, 2017
Fun fact - Palworld was the #1 best selling global game for the past 2 weeks on Steam. In both weeks, Palworld was the #1 selling game in 28 out of the 29 countries tracked by Steam. The only country where Palworld didn't hit #1 in both weeks was UK. Palworld was #2 in both weeks, with Steam Deck taking the #1 spot in both weeks in the UK.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fun fact - Palworld was the #1 best selling global game for the past 2 weeks on Steam. In both weeks, Palworld was the #1 selling game in 28 out of the 29 countries tracked by Steam. The only country where Palworld didn't hit #1 in both weeks was UK. Palworld was #2 in both weeks, with Steam Deck taking the #1 spot in both weeks in the UK.
what kind of game is Steam Deck?

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
More impressive is that these charts are based on revenue and the game is $30 or less, with no mtx.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017

So technically Palworld was the best selling game on Steam in the UK the last two weeks. 😜

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017

Buying steamdecks to play Palworld, no doubt.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
I feel like I've just been running sysadmin duties for everybody on their discord, the state of dedicated and official servers is such a mess right now.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I've just been running sysadmin duties for everybody on their discord, the state of dedicated and official servers is such a mess right now.
Yeah, poor bastards were really unprepared for their quick ascent to deitylike popular.

Man, what it must be like to suddenly turn around and realize you're selling a million fucking copies a day that first week when you were hoping to get like atleast 500k or something.

Oct 27, 2017
More impressive is that these charts are based on revenue and the game is $30 or less, with no mtx.

Yup, exactly. It's essentially selling 2x+ more than games costing $70.

So technically Palworld was the best selling game on Steam in the UK the last two weeks. 😜

Correct! Technically, Palworld was the #1 best selling game in the UK in the last 2 weeks. Steam, however, likes to include hardware in their charts.

Rod

Oct 25, 2017
I want to say to everyone that I apologize for my behavior several days ago in this thread

I still have negative feelings about this game, but I definitely took it too fucking far. I just…when I feel like I'm talking about something I feel is important, I get tunnel vision. Not mad but like. I guess there is a part of me that cares about winning debates and feeling superiority to people…

I hate this part of myself and I'm going to work to cut it out. I just wish that I knew how to advocate for people like artists or social causes without like. Getting like this.

Once again, I'm sorry. I'm gonna try to turn this into a positive and change for the better.
It's okay, my friend. Sometimes in the heat of discussion we may get carried on, and certainly you make excellent points, as well. Thanks for contributing, too. 😊

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago

I agree with sone of your stances on the issue but, yeah, the internet tends to amplify these bad traits in us lol.

You apologizing and realizing your mistake already makes you one of the better members here tbh.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada

All good, mate.

I agreed with most of your points anyways, you were just very passionate about it~

DuckSauce