• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jmizzal

Oct 27, 2017
Can you switch to 3rd person view in the Switch version

I heard you can do it in some of the other versions

wolftendo

Oct 30, 2017
Is it good? I've never played Overwatch or any hero shooter btw, but since this is free I might dip on it just to see if the genre is for me.

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If it had cross progression I'd try it on Switch but I've unlocked a lot on PC already

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is this game's cross-platform play opt-in like Fortnite (where you'll only play cross-platform if you party up with someone on another platform) or automatic (so if I matchmake at all I'll end up in games with Xbox users)?

Just wondering, it really doesn't matter to me but I can't tell right now.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
This is a fun game. Nice and fast, perfect for some quick handheld games like Splatoon. Think I'll buy the founders pack.

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
I bought it day 1 while it was like 13 dollars on mexican eshop. Since than performance stabilised and bugs are less and less seen. Definately a game you can invest long term. Login daily and get bonuses also do the daily quests so earn some gold to spend on some of the skins. Overall very solid hero shooter and online competitive game on switch.

Ps: please play the objective :)

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
I don't know if it's just me as I age but bleeding edge visuals don't mean much to me nowadays. I can see the difference between a 1080P and 4K display and I have a 4K HDR set but just something about playing a handheld game with a maximum of 720p resolution on the go seems magical to me.

I played this on my Xbox 1X and it didn't grab me. Yet being able to play this game while waiting in the dentist office makes me smile. Just made my phone a hotspot and connected my Switch and away we go. I love the switch for this reason alone
I wish I could just put a sim in my switch for 4G network anywhere

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
If anyone is on the fence, just download it, since it is free!

Bought the founders pack as soon as it got out, and been loving it ever since!

Amazing hero shooter!

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Nice! But I think I'll wait and see if they'll add gyro controls. I can't go back to twin stick after experiencing gyro.

Oct 30, 2017
Just tried it and my team won. I got quite a few kills. I haven't played a FPS online competitively for a long time but playing on the Switch me pull me in.

I enjoyed this more than Fortnite.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it's like the PC version you play against bots until you're level 5 and you feel like a fucking MLG God and then you go up against humans and get that taste slapped out of your mouth.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Played 5 games in handheld mode and really digging it. It's unapologetically an Overwatch clone but it's still a ton of fun

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Does it have voice chat? I imagine trying to play a team based game like Overwatch would be hard without being able to communicate.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Really excited to give this a go! F2P games like this and Fortnite have been a delight to get on Switch for downtime. Bring on Warframe!

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, this is really fun, I might have to pay up for all the heroes!

Anybody know the best use of real currency? Battle pass or all heroes unlock, or both?

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bought it Day1 for full price. Played 5 hours total because Fortnite came out and I've been playing FN almost exclusively lol

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
Wow, this is really fun, I might have to pay up for all the heroes!

Anybody know the best use of real currency? Battle pass or all heroes unlock, or both?
Gold is kinda useless tbh lol. I have a milllion gold and nothing to use it on. You can use it to level up your champion of choice to get their abilities, but I'm a founder and already have the majority of champions abilities because of it.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Gold is kinda useless tbh lol. I have a milllion gold and nothing to use it on. You can use it to level up your champion of choice to get their abilities, but I'm a founder and already have the majority of champions abilities because of it.

Sorry, by "real currency" I was more asking how many gems I should buy and what to spend them on!

Oct 30, 2017
Bought it Day1 for full price. Played 5 hours total because Fortnite came out and I've been playing FN almost exclusively lol

I don't understand why I can't get into Fortnite. I'm just having a blast on this way more than Fortnite. Seems more striaght forward with shorter matches for quick play. And I like the variety of classes to choose from.