• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017

lock if old

Still hoping for motion-controls...

edit: damn, didn't want to use capital letters for the game title

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely try it. I've been happily playing it since it launched on Switch and it's a FANTASTIC port. Runs better than Fortnite does and that's saying something. It gets a little low res sometimes but worth it for the lovely frame rate. It's a great F2P title and, more than that, a great alternative to something like Overwatch on Switch. Playerbase seems great so far.

Thought it was already f2p?

You could buy into it early on Switch, but yeah it's a F2P game. Today just marks them removing that paid lock on the Switch version.

Deleted member 16753

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I regret paying for this. Not because I don't enjoy the game but I think working towards unlocking the characters would add a lot to playing the game.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
How many GB is this game ? I like overwatch but haven't played it in a long time. but kinda feel hesitant to try this this game.

Also the switch's joy jon isn't shooter friendly for me so this will probably take a while to adjust.

Deleted member 11986

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the stupid question but will the Switch port come with some sort of hipatch process which will be hanging around in your Switch's RAM memory even after you uninstall the game? I'm asking because this is what we got in PC and you just can't fully uninstall hipatch.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Game is insanely fun to play, bought the champion pack to unlock everything and felt it was worth it. For free many new players should be joining and enjoying this awesome game.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
I will add this for sure when my system arrives.

I don't even have to go buy any other titles and I already have 2 games for it.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Wow really? Thats strange considering it's f2p on all other platforms. Wonder why they did that... how much was it?

it was an early access, you had to buy the founders pack if you wanted to test paladins early on switch. it was going to be f2p at a later date which is today i guess

On topic: I think i will try this game out. I uninstalled overwatch right after the hammod announcement (dont @ me) so I have some free time for multiplayer games.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
Wow really? Thats strange considering it's f2p on all other platforms. Wonder why they did that... how much was it?

It was the Founder's Pack, which would give anyone that purchased it all current and future heroes that they release.

A f2p player needs to grind gold to unlock heroes. A Founder's Pack player will never have to do that. Those packs have existed on all platforms. I believe it is $30 for the Founder's Pack on Switch.

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure this may be a dead horse, but I've seen nothing about it: Any news on Realm Royale coming to the Switch version?

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Can't speak for playstation but paladins launched this exact same way on xbox as well before anyone thinks they're just trying to rip off switch users or something

Oct 27, 2017
Nice. I don't know if I'll play it on Switch but I've enjoyed it on PS4. Now's a good time for F2P games on switch as well.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I suck at these kind of games but Digital Foundry said the performance is great so I want to try it.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Is the founders pack worth it?

PstZqgE.jpg

My first game ever went well I think. I had no idea what I was doing lol

Oct 27, 2017
Does the Switch have a remote download function like the PS4? I want to download this and have it ready for when I come home from work.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
Just played few matches, performance is great (60 fps) and the visuals aren't too shabby either. This was my first hero shooter (does TF2 count as a hero shooter?), I can see why people like these kinds of games. The game needs Gyro though.

Nester

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nice! Got a Founders Pack code at E3 and have really been enjoying it. Excited for them to add gyro aiming soon!

Looks like they're doing an AMA on the Nintendo Switch Subreddit later today, hopefully they'll reveal more then!

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely play some of the Rise of Furia event while it's live. It has quests attached to it that give free Diamond chests (which basically have premium cosmetics in them). Really quick and easy to get a couple. It's a fun event too!