Status
Not open for further replies.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
I do have an honest question to ask: Do we think that Hero 30 will actually be the hero we need to finally bring an end to Goats? Or at the very least, weaken it so that it won't be the 100% go-to strategy?

I know this argument sounds like a broken record, but it does seem like if the next hero can't do something to help weaken the comp, The OverWatch League is going to be really boring to watch this season since chances are we won't see another hero come into play until either close to the finals or even after Season 2 ends with the rate that new heroes come out. Not to mention that I doubt any hero reworks could be done to addresss it either since it does seem like Blizzard is hellbent on doing everything that isn't fixing the meta. They can still be fun to watch, but when it goes into GOATs, it feels like no one is having fun. Not the players or anyone else watching.

We'll see if maybe later today or next week we start seeing those teasers. I just hope the hero will send waves when they land (and the good kind of waves at that).

wonder what it would even look like. the reaper problem seems to be "anything designed to murder tanks will murder anyone else even faster so tanks are still the best counter to the attempted tank-killer," right? so making a new tankbuster wouldn't work unless they invent something really weird? so then i guess it's time to attack healing? some kinda new anti-heal to make up for how powerful AoE heals are?

or maybe a dedicated shield-breaker. try to force people to consider dive by making walking up slowly less of an option.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Love playing Overwatch without a team stack and getting people instantly pick DPS because playing tank is the least fun thing on earth. really love the state the game is currently in

just had a QP game where we had 3 hitscan DPS (McCree, Ashe, and Widow) all who did not change. The Pharah on their team died once to our own teams pharah.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Love playing Overwatch without a team stack and getting people instantly pick DPS because playing tank is the least fun thing on earth. really love the state the game is currently in

just had a QP game where we had 3 hitscan DPS (McCree, Ashe, and Widow) all who did not change. The Pharah on their team died once to our own teams pharah.
were they..... aware of the pharah? were they completely oblivious to their niche on a team or just that bad at aiming?

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017

Dz84peCWoAAFdVm

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing Baptiste, the ex-Talon operative and medic/good shot, is the new hero.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
oooo.

so the cuerva letter takes the time to discuss Baptiste the medic's qualifications. guess that's teasing the hero skills?

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
played a couple bad matches, played a great match with a fantastic trio, played another couple bad matches, and then finally got to play with that trio again; played Symm on defense and Reaper on attack, we won, and I got four golds and a Symm POTG

feels pretty good

anyway, some people are theorizing that the new character might be based on that old male Mercy concept and I kinda hope that's true

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I tried Hammond on Paris and HOLY SHIT, he's so good here, especially on point B attack. The high arches and multiple entrances mean it's super easy to get it rolling, get high into the air and drop your ult. It covers the entire point and it's super easy to pull off.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
were they..... aware of the pharah? were they completely oblivious to their niche on a team or just that bad at aiming?

I once watched a McCree miss all shots on a Hog like 5ft away, reload, then miss them all again.

I also once left a Sym at like a slither of health to focus another target, since our Reaper was heading right at her in the ghost form (whatever it called). He missed every single shot, I had to finish her after killing my new target.

AYZON

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I once watched a McCree miss all shots on a Hog like 5ft away, reload, then miss them all again.

I also once left a Sym at like a slither of health to focus another target, since our Reaper was heading right at her in the ghost form (whatever it called). He missed every single shot, I had to finish her after killing my new target.

I have yet to play competitive matches so maybe thats why, but I had a lot of matches where people just ignored pharahs especially if that pharah had a mercy with it.

I kind of want to try competitive but other than 25hrs with Brig and bit of Ana or Reinhard theres isnt a lot of Heroes I can play yet. Dont want to be the one that refuses to switch.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
A nice moment: Pharah refuses to roll easily out of spawn as she sees me approaching, but will be goaded out with a cheeky wave.

Now, we can duel properly!

Okay good duel!

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Dumbass gamers™ are harassing Brigitte's voice actress because they don't like the character.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Make more crossover skins instead of holiday/sports skins that hardly anyone will use a month after the event ends.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
If the next hero isn't a male hero who can main heal like Mercy/Ana and is either a ninja or some macho dude, they fucked up
A macho healer would be a real positive thing considering we've got a 4:2 women / men ratio in a class that is stereotipcally feminine.

And now i want him to be like the rock lol

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I'd also like a character that can hit shots behind angles

I miss Scatter Arrow as its intended purpose. Not footsie arrows.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
I'd also like a character that can hit shots behind angles

I miss Scatter Arrow as its intended purpose. Not footsie arrows.

Like Bullseye?
Left clicks - ricochet round, bounces max twice

I'd like to see a railgun, ie. hold left click for 2 seconds then fires a really strong projectile - hitscan.
Could also be a healer with the aim requirements of Ana. The round leaves a trail which heals (ally) or hurts (enemy) for a couple seconds.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Update: 2cp maps still fucking suck especially for quick play

Got a team kill at point b on paris with like 3 minutes left and still didnt even get the w

And the worst part is it's jot enjoyable no matter which side you're on imo

They also might as well just remove point A bc youve gotta be ultra bad to get stopped there

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Had a match where we completely annhilated the other team. I was playing Zen and actually got gold elims, was waiting to flex on the team with my cards and I show up for "offensive assists".

Blizzard, piss off.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I wish junk was more like that and not whatever he is now

I like him but still

When I play Rein, getting frozen, stunned, hooked or hacked doesn't tilt me as much as Junk's mines.

I fucking hate everything about losing air control. Whoever decided to give him another mine is a goddamn idiot.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Watching all these OWL matches has exhausted me. I wish I could just watch like, a middling gold-level PS4 player pulling off decent-but-not-incredible stuff on that new Paris map. Something a little more laid-back.

...maybe set to a chill song that's less a song than just a groovy beat, y'know? Oh, how I despair that no such entertainment exists.

Okay that's... weirdly specific, but good news! Here's one long cut of a point B defense and I can assure you the Tracer involved is very middling.

That said, I'm still super-proud of every single one-clip in the vid - particularly what I would describe as a daring display in the closing seconds of the match, and the Widow-Zarya-Soldier 1v4 at around 1:30.

That Soldier must have been at his wits end.

I actually had one of my best Zen matches ever yesterday

You should post a vid of it! ^.^

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I've been having a lot of trouble connecting to Overwatch lately, I keep getting errors, it takes me multiple tries to log in (PS4). The error is "LC-202"...anyone ever experience this before? Very annoying.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
I've been having a lot of trouble connecting to Overwatch lately, I keep getting errors, it takes me multiple tries to log in (PS4). The error is "LC-202"...anyone ever experience this before? Very annoying.

That's your ISP. It's disconnecting from Blizz but is letting you log in to PSN.

-use a wired connection, not wifi
-try power cycling your router if you use a wired connection
-your ISP may have switched to a different protocol that doesn't jive with Blizz. Worst case scenario you'll have to call them to see what they changed lately.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
That's your ISP. It's disconnecting from Blizz but is letting you log in to PSN.

-use a wired connection, not wifi
-try power cycling your router if you use a wired connection
-your ISP may have switched to a different protocol that doesn't jive with Blizz. Worst case scenario you'll have to call them to see what they changed lately.
Tried all of the top two (PS4 is wired direct to router, power cycled router & modem, etc). Looks like I might just have a very unpleasant Overwatch experience from here on out. :(

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I have been getting LC-202 on occasion since the last patch but every time I've been able to get in on a second attempt and the connection is fine once I'm in

Status
Not open for further replies.