• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
My only consolation is that DPS queue times are still horrible.

Her ultimate is nuts tho.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, imagine having 2 sound barriers or copy a moira while having one on your team. Nothing will die. Def wanted a support and I do appreciate Echo from a design point, she looks incredible.

That said, I'm terrified at how stupid she will actually end up being. Will make team fights super unpredictable.

i wonder if they are going to just have fixed ult charge and not adjust depending on hero.
because yeah, 2 trance? if you can get it fast enough for the first since trance last 6s anyways. and her ult is 15? they probably going to end up dropping it to like 10s.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I mean, imagine having 2 sound barriers or copy a moira while having one on your team. Nothing will die. Def wanted a support and I do appreciate Echo from a design point, she looks incredible.

That said, I'm terrified at how stupid she will actually end up being. Will make team fights super unpredictable.
Imagine having a 2nd nano boost.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Can't watch. Summary of abilities please

Primary, 3 projectile 51 total damage
E ability, focus beam that does 50 damage to heros, shields, Mei walls that are above 50% health, 200 damage when they are under 50%
alt fire, sticky bombs from the OW2 cinematic.
She has a fly ability and glide like Mercy
Ult allows her to duplicate and enemy hero for 15s and has increase ult generation

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in love with every single move and ability this character has. Wow.

I'm only mad about how long que times are about to be.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
NEW HERO: ECHO (DAMAGE)
Echo
is an evolutionary robot created by Dr. Mina Liao and programmed with a rapidly adapting artificial intelligence, versatile enough to fill multiple battlefield combat roles. Having joined up with the Overwatch team to defend Paris against the Null Sector incursion, Echo is seeing action as a full-fledged member of Overwatch for the first time. Echo fires three shots ( Tri-Shot ) at once, in a triangle pattern. Echo fires a volley of Sticky Bombs that detonates after a delay. Echo uses Flight to surge forward quickly, then can fly freely to avoid danger or maneuver to a more strategic location. Using Focusing Beam , Echo channels a beam for a few seconds, dealing very high damage to targets with less than half health, including barriers. With Duplicate , Echo targets an enemy hero and clones them, gaining all of their abilities and potentially changing a team fight in an instant.

GENERAL UPDATES
New Feature: Training Partner

Within the Practice Range, use the Training Partner Spawner to create a bot of any hero on which you can test your abilities.

General
  • Added a "Patch Notes" button on the main menu and within the options menu. Selecting this button will open a web browser with the latest available game updates
HERO UPDATES
Tracer

Blink
  • Improved the accuracy of Tracer's blink movement such that Tracer will more likely end up where the crosshair is pointing
Developer Comments:
  • Tracer will now blink around and over obstacles more easily to move towards the crosshair location. For example, if you aim alongside the corner of a wall, Tracer will blink past the corner
  • Tracer cannot blink through a space where she otherwise cannot fit normally
  • Tracer cannot blink over an obstacle which she otherwise cannot jump over normally, with the jump originating from Tracer's height at the start of the blink movement
We hope that these changes to Tracer's blink will feel more responsive than before.

BUG FIXES
General

• Fixed an issue preventing switching to the next hero when team spectating D.Va in Custom Games
  • Fixed an issue preventing Team FFA settings and some Hero settings from being pasted back into Custom Game Settings via copy-paste
  • Fixed a bug that could cause voice lines from opposing teams to be heard at Hero Select screens on certain maps
  • Fixed a bug where knockbacks were not working correctly if the target was moving down a ramp
  • Alt+Tab now will cancel saving a highlight, instead of causing problems with playback
Maps

Blizzard World
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to stand in an unintended location between the first and second point
Busan
  • Fixed a bug that caused Sombra's translocator to float when thrown in certain spots
Dorado
  • Fixed a bug that could cause players can get stuck between the scooter and wall
Havana
  • Fixed a bug that could cause players to get stuck on some bushes
Hollywood
  • The capture area for the first capture point no longer extends outside of the visual capture boundary
Ilios
  • Fixed a bug that could cause players to get stuck between a wall, plant, and tree
Heroes

Mei
  • Fixed a bug where an already frozen enemy getting hit by Blizzard would cause the frozen visual effect to end too early
Moira
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Moira's Fade icon from appearing disabled when she is stunned
Workshop
  • Fixed an issue preventing Big Message and Small Message from displaying messages in Practice Range

OP
OP
NeoRaider

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
She will be an easy target for any decent McCree and Widow player. I can already tell that.
Pocketed Echo will be strong tho.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
qvdHSsN.jpg

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoyed Tim's stream, new Hero looked like a ton of fun. I feel that Tanks and Supports are most disruptive to the balance of the game and there are already too many, so I dunno, I guess more DPS heroes is all I want.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
It will be interesting to see how they design skins for Echo. The default skin is so good.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Overwatch just got its own Rubick. Balancing her ultimate is going to be tricky. I mean can you imagine having double nano?

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
"Multiple tanks and support in development"

Ok, lol. Guess we'll keep getting more DPS in the meantime.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In my mind I was thinking "It'd be funny if this expected support is a DPS, just like Dancer was an expected healer in FFXIV turned out to be a DPS."
... And she is!

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe she is dps. 20 minute dps queues incoming.

She is awesome though really looking forward to playing her.

Balance wise they probably need to reduce the duration of her copying ability or have copied ults only be like 75% as effective or something.

Oct 27, 2017
While I haven't been playing OW since the whole Hong Kong deal, I really love her character. I'm sad she's not support (as that is what I normally play as) but she look sooo fun to play with.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Give my D.Va back her 3 second boosters to keep up with all of the shit that's gonna be in the air now Kaplan.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale

Mina LIao created the Omnics

ORIGINS
To chart the origins of the Echo project, it is important to delve into the personal history of Singaporean scientist Dr. Mina Liao, who would later become perhaps best known as one of the founding members of Overwatch. But prior to joining the organization, Dr. Liao was widely considered one of the preeminent experts in the fields of robotics and artificial intelligence, and an employee of Omnica Corporation. There she worked on the team that was responsible for the design and creation of the omnics that would ultimately wage war against humanity during the Omnic Crisis. Ultimately, it was this expertise that led her to be recruited into Overwatch to help stop her creations.

Even that catastrophe was not enough to dissuade Liao of her firmly held belief in the potential artificial life and its power to transform the lives of humanity for the better. She dreamed of improving upon the original omnic designs. These theories would become the foundation of the Echo project. However, due to Overwatch's restrictions on artificial intelligence research and development after the Omnic Crisis, Liao was forced to limit Echo's capabilities. What she created was a multirole, adaptive robot that could be programmed to learn different functions: anything from medical support to construction: but had serious limits to its independent decision making. Critically, Echo had multiple layers of protections, failsafes, and security to keep it under control. Echo was used successfully on test missions alongside Overwatch strike teams, but Overwatch leadership was reluctant to put it into full service.

REUNION
However, the truth was that Liao had programmed Echo with a powerful, general artificial intelligence that learned by observation. After thousands of hours in the scientist's presence, much of Liao's behaviors (including her speech), were adopted by the Echo robot. This secret that was known by very few, including Blackwatch agent Jesse McCree, who had, at times, been assigned to guard the scientist. When Liao was killed in attack on an Overwatch facility, Overwatch's leadership was reluctant to continue pursuing such a dangerous project, and all development on Echo was shut down, and the robot was placed into quarantine.

OVERWATCH 2
Having joined up with the new Overwatch team to defend Paris against the Null Sector incursion, for the first time, Echo is seeing action as a full-fledged team member. But as she is exposed to new people, new ideas, and new situations without Dr. Liao to guide her, no one knows how she might evolve in the future.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How long are heroes in PTR until they're added in the main game? Sorry if it has been said already, I didn't see, and I don't follow OW news as closely as before.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
So after playing some minutes, she looks like a mix of a lot of things, and she is awesome.
Primary fire is strange, is there something similar in the game? The closest thing is zen's orbs I think.
Bombs are tracers ult on a cooldown and less damage.
Beam seemed a little too finicky on where you're aiming. But can be very powerful.
First time I used an ultimate I was like WHAT. I need to try it on a real game.