• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
okay i found one that has me hooked already:
😂

View: https://youtu.be/-ygeCNDJyaI?si=ux7vDIf0hpOjOgYo

his reactions and knowledge in the observatory at 50:00ish marks already have me sold.

I was going to recommend that one, but hadn't gotten around to searching for it. There's a YouTube creator called Eelis who does Outer Wilds supercuts, taking other people's 30-hour playthroughs and cutting them down to 2-hour highlight reels. There's probably a good argument to be made that s/he's essentially poaching other people's views, but it's also damned convenient.

Easy_G

Dec 11, 2017
California
Again regarding the Quantum Moon
I didn't want to literally spell it out before that you have to use the first quantum rule to reach the Quantum Moon but you figured that out already. But you're a bit overthinking what that means. I don't have access to the game right now but I think the ship log says pretty clearly what the meaning is. If that's now enough think back to when you learned the rule and apply it to the Quantum Moon.
Okay, wow. I finally did it. I could've sworn I tried that in the past and somehow ruled it out. It also turns out I gave myself an extra rule which doesn't exist.

When I've tried landing on the moon previously I used the landing mode, which clears the scout camera and made the moon disappear. I didn't think about just landing manually. On top of that, I'd convinced myself I had to use the gravity cannon on Brittle Hollow, and coupled with needing an image of the moon and wanting to ensure it was in the right location led me to come up with overly complicated solutions.

Thanks for patiently dropping me hints!