• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Put 50 hours into Dragon quest on Switch but man I am sooooooo tempted to replay it at some point in the future on the X. Never finished "Act 3"

60fps feels so nice and being a play anywhere title really helps.

bluemax38

Nov 3, 2020
That's just what bad spatial audio sounds like, eg Windows SoNic. I'd rather use stereo than WS. There are free trials you can access on the store for Atmos and DTS: X which are much better spatial audio solutions for headphones.
Ah I see, so it's a feature rather than a bug! Thanks for that though, I may give Atmos a try at some point. Weirdly, my friend only noticed the weird sound with WS once I pointed it out to him, shame it's not great.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing ffxv and having a stable framerate helps. I can choose between 3 modes though, not sure what they do exactly.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
This random WiFi disconnecting issue is really starting to become a problem. I can't play online games because it'll randomly drop connection. Just started happening last night. All other devices that I own are fine. No one else is experiencing this?
My Series X is wired, but it had an issue like that in my PS4 a while back.

For me the issue was the router that would combine the 2.4 and 5ghz networks. I had to disable that option and then log the PS4 specifically into the 5ghz one.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
My Series X is wired, but it had an issue like that in my PS4 a while back.

For me the issue was the router that would combine the 2.4 and 5ghz networks. I had to disable that option and then log the PS4 specifically into the 5ghz one.
Yes you should turn that off if possible, it really messes with some devices. The handshake between the two networks sometimes causes you to drop connection before reconnecting.

Jul 26, 2018
You're a life saver, my neighbour's been looking one for ages (her son is good friends with my son). There will be another happy child at Xmas!

Oh man that's so sweet, spreading the Xbox love everywhere. If I already felt bad because Xmas is a time I enjoy but it makes the horrible economical disparities more evident than ever, let alone this year with the short supply issues.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man that's so sweet, spreading the Xbox love everywhere. If I already felt bad because Xmas is a time I enjoy but it makes the horrible economical disparities more evident than ever, let alone this year with the short supply issues.
Yeah good point - i am as bad as everyone else at taking part in the system and turning a blind eye to all the unfairness in the world :-(

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017

FYI for people looking to buy. I spoke to MS Store customer support and I'm not sure you'll get it during December if you order from the MS Store. He told me if you ordered on launch day you'll 100% have it by 12/23 but otherwise he did not seem confident. That's just what I was told.

I'm still waiting on the console I ordered on 11/10 🤷🏽‍♂️

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
FYI for people looking to buy. I spoke to MS Store customer support and I'm not sure you'll get it during December if you order from the MS Store. He told me if you ordered on launch day you'll 100% have it by 12/23 but otherwise he did not seem confident. That's just what I was told.

Did you get charged for it?

Jul 4, 2018
Quote me in 2 years time when X/S is no longer displayed in the dashboard UI and instead it shows an Xbox One logo for legacy titles

I dont know why you'd bother in 2 years time but, I bet that will happen

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

Yep, ordered one on 11/9 through the site. A month later and still no movement. I suppose 12/23 may be accurate, but bleh.

I would be not expect new orders to deliver this year.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
The Xboxdvr website is not updating with my screenshots, is it possible to access them in the Win10 Xbox app?

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Looks like my screenshots are not syncing with my xbl account, had to upload them to the onedrive option.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like my screenshots are not syncing with my xbl account, had to upload them to the onedrive option.

Mine have been a little iffy the past few days. Some disappeared when I was on the app on all devices even though they'd been on there previously and I'd saved them to my phone. They eventually came back

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why is the UI at 1080p?
To give more RAM to games, a 4K UI would need to use way more RAM to store high quality images for the UI and games assets displayed (icons, screenshots, ...).
As games run at the same time as the UI, if the UI would need more RAM to be in 4K it would have to reserve more RAM even if it's not using it all the time (thus less RAM for the games, developers know how much they can use, it's a set value).

Honestly it does not bother me, I spend more times in games than in the UI, and the way the UI is done make it look nice enough on a 4K screen, same for the 720p Switch UI (I spend even less time on the UI on Switch).

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I had a couple of misc questions, with one in particular that I would appreciate an answer for.

1. I've owned and resold a number of Xbox Ones, recently having sold the One X for a cool $250 (half off the new console, heck yeah). The only thing is that when I install a game through the website or mobile, the other consoles will show up as systems to download them to (I can even see the custom name that the buyer gave the One X).

While I'm hoping this doesn't cause any sort of account issue or whatever, how do I remove these other consoles from showing up as install locations?

2. Sometimes when I Quick Resume certain games, I have to sign in again with my profile, thus eliminating the whole purpose of quick resuming. I only have one profile signed into my console and it's set to load in automatically. Is there no way to do this with games too?

3. I noticed that there's an option to set a custom image for your Xbox background. I was wondering if there were any backgrounds created by talented people that fit nicely with the way icons are set up on the Xbox dashboard.

OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
I plugged my cable from auto a40 into controller and nothing. I thought I remember just plugging r jack in and working.

I hear the contacts. Then no audio.

Weird. The balance was set to chat and not able to be changed. Plugged in an old chat set and plugged the astro back in and things with now.

Last edited:

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
So i'm planning on getting a Series X, but I have a series 4 TCL, will I have these issues that people keep talking about? Or is it primarily an issue with the series 5?
it seems like it's exclusive to media apps. I have a TCL 6 series and don't have these issues, but I use my Apple TV exclusively for media apps.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
Do you have your consoles in Standby all the time?
I leave both my XSX and my XSS in standby every day since launch. It keeps everything updated and because of GamePass I am always downloading new games to try out. With everyone WFH and schooling from home, overnight downloads work best for me.

I do like how easy it is to copy a game from one Xbox console to another as it means I only have to download the game once. And with everyone getting Cloud storage for game saves, my entire family can pick up and play any of their games at either console.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I decided to put my expanded storage thingy to use lol. Transferred about 400GB worth of games to it. It didn't take that long. Averaging, non-scientifically, 650MB/sec. for large games.

Also, I'm a little disappointed that the game capture limits to 30 secs. :(

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
México
I can't decide if i'll get my son an S or an X, he plays on a 1440p monitor but the storage on the S is just useless, he plays Modern Warfare and Cold War, Rocket league, Ark, i'm not sure he'll even be able to have them installed on the SSD, plus even if he plays on a 1440p monitor, i just don't think the S is good value. On the other hand he'll probably donb't mind or notice games running at 1080p or lower. If only the storage was the same as the X at least.

I think i'll end up getting him the X just out of principle

Oct 29, 2017
I had a couple of misc questions, with one in particular that I would appreciate an answer for.

2. Sometimes when I Quick Resume certain games, I have to sign in again with my profile, thus eliminating the whole purpose of quick resuming. I only have one profile signed into my console and it's set to load in automatically. Is there no way to do this with games too?

I've had this happen too. Try closing the game / app completely, and do a restart of the console. That fixed the issue for me.

Frontieruk

Oct 25, 2017

1. I've owned and resold a number of Xbox Ones, recently having sold the One X for a cool $250 (half off the new console, heck yeah). The only thing is that when I install a game through the website or mobile, the other consoles will show up as systems to download them to (I can even see the custom name that the buyer gave the One X).

While I'm hoping this doesn't cause any sort of account issue or whatever, how do I remove these other consoles from showing up as install locations?

Login to your Microsoft account and go to devices and remove the device. I assume you also removed your account from the console?

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
I can't decide if i'll get my son an S or an X, he plays on a 1440p monitor but the storage on the S is just useless, he plays Modern Warfare and Cold War, Rocket league, Ark, i'm not sure he'll even be able to have them installed on the SSD, plus even if he plays on a 1440p monitor, i just don't think the S is good value. On the other hand he'll probably donb't mind or notice games running at 1080p or lower. If only the storage was the same as the X at least.

I think i'll end up getting him the X just out of principle
FWIW, After finishing the campaign and only keeping multiplayer/zombies installed Cold War is like 80gb. a reasonable-ish size so maybe an S would work. Plus I have the HD pack installed since I'm on an X.

EnVy_CaLiBeR

Oct 25, 2017
Annoyed. Just ordered a Shock Blue Series X controller and the battery door is stuck. Like glued on shut almost and can't it off. Saw a few users on Reddit after doing a google search that had the same issue. Has anybody else here had that problem? If so, was it easy getting a replacement from Microsoft?
I'm going to assume this is a Shock Blue controller issue at this point because I don't have this issue with my Black Xbox Series X controller.
So I called Microsoft Tech Support regarding not being take my battery back with ease on my brand new Shock Blue controller and the guy told me to either return it or send it in for repair(I opted to send it in since I got the controller on sale for Black Friday).

They supposedly send me a new one with a different serial number and it has the exact same issue. Incredibly difficult and borderline impossible to get the battery door open. It's like they sent me the exact same controller I sent in. What is going on? Ugh.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
So after putting a few weeks into my PS5 I have circled back round to the Series X again. I have Cyberpunk coming tomorrow but I am currently playing though Jedi Fallen Order which I am enjoying a lot, it seems like a pretty locked 60 on performance mode with just a few dips. Would be nice if they unlocked the frame rate on the resolution mode but I can live with it.

Quick resume and being able to just quickly jump between Forza Horizon 4 and Fallen Order in seconds remains sooo good.

Also, the ability to download games (and patches) before release even without owning them digitally, as I have done for Cyberpunk, is such a brilliant feature.

Do you have your consoles in Standby all the time?

I have left mine on Eco mode which is basically a full shutdown.

Main reason is that boot up is still stupidly fast and quick resume functionality still works as normal. In terms of downloads...I am at home anyway due to COVID & working from home so don't gain much benefits from remote downloads.

Last edited:

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got the 1TB storage expansion coming today. Up to 3TB total with a USB SSD for BC. Needed at this point!

Kilirath

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to assume this is a Shock Blue controller issue at this point because I don't have this issue with my Black Xbox Series X controller.
So I called Microsoft Tech Support regarding not being take my battery back with ease on my brand new Shock Blue controller and the guy told me to either return it or send it in for repair(I opted to send it in since I got the controller on sale for Black Friday).

They supposedly send me a new one with a different serial number and it has the exact same issue. Incredibly difficult and borderline impossible to get the battery door open. It's like they sent me the exact same controller I sent in. What is going on? Ugh.
I bought a blue shock controller and have noticed that the battery cover takes a lot more effort to remove than on the standard controller that came with my XSX. I can remove it, but was surprised at how much more effort it required compared to the standard controller. Could definitely see that being an issue for some people.

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
I bought a blue shock controller and have noticed that the battery cover takes a lot more effort to remove than on the standard controller that came with my XSX. I can remove it, but was surprised at how much more effort it required compared to the standard controller. Could definitely see that being an issue for some people.
I had the same issue with the white controller I just bought. Was afraid I was gonna break it.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hm, the 1TB expansion card isn't as seamless as I hoped. I had my USB storage set as default, so when I download a Series X game, it says I can't run it from there and asks if I want to use the internal drive instead. Great, but no option for the expansion card comes up. I either have to move it there manually or make that the new default.