• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yes, it was the xbox one picture until i registered the serial number. Now it has a picture of the Series X but it says xbox one 🤦‍♂️
Not that it really matters but it looks like they fixed that
i6P0lcs.png

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
How do I set up DTS and Dolby Atmos for headphones on the series X?

It's telling me to buy a license for both, but I thought they were included

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
Man, don't know where I got the impression that they were :/

Was excited to try out the arctis 7x with them.

Will see if I can put aside some money to pay for the license.

Which is better, Atmos or DTS?

Is it a monthly thing?

I only have Atmos which is a one off payment for several licences for you to use on various devices. The sounds is great on my Arctis headset, but be aware the default setup is for competitive gamers so unless having nearby footsteps amplified is your thing you will need to make adjustments.

LNBL

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sooo i tried remote play yesterday, AC Valhalla and Fifa 21 ran really good. But at night the Xbox logo on the controller is very bright, anyway to fix this by having it off or something? probably not, but worth a shot.

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
Sooo i tried remote play yesterday, AC Valhalla and Fifa 21 ran really good. But at night the Xbox logo on the controller is very bright, anyway to fix this by having it off or something? probably not, but worth a shot.

There is an option to dim the light for the Elite controllers in the devices menu I think. Not sure if this had been changed to include standard controllers.

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding remote play, i can't browse the shop while using this mode. I can understand not being able to access any of the streaming services this way but i don't see why it doesn't let me use the shop. On my PS4 i can browse the shop while remote playing so i hope they change it.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
I've been out of the xbox landscape for a while so maybe this has been the case for years now but the ease of taking a screen shot or video and having it on your xbox app and ready to share wherever you like... is sooo good.

Was talking to my friends about Doom and the glory kills (I have a friend who is not down with any kind of violence much less gratuitous violence) and getting her opinion on it was sooo easy, no complicated log in process with twitter or facebook or any of that garbage, just uploading the footage to the app and letting you download a video, super smooth stuff.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
On Microsoft.com does anyone else's Series X show up as an OG Xbox One?
Just checked, Mine has the proper icon and says Series X

I know on launch day someone reported it showing Xbox One after using the app to migrate games and settings from their Xbox One. I did not do this so maybe that is why?

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
Man, don't know where I got the impression that they were :/

Was excited to try out the arctis 7x with them.

Will see if I can put aside some money to pay for the license.

Which is better, Atmos or DTS?

Is it a monthly thing?

the dolby app offers a 8 days demo, so you can judge it by yourself before buying it ;) (I still think that's the best 3D audio app, certainly because it does wonders when the game is ra real Atmos one...)

Oct 29, 2017
I have played all the Souls, but it's split across platforms. Thinking about picking up the Dark Souls Remaster and Dark Souls 3 (Again) for my Series X. Anyone have any feedback on how either of them play?

PlayerOne

Apr 16, 2018
Got a question about video settings for hdmi 2.0 oled. What should the color depth be set to (8,10,12bit) and should allow 4:2:2 be checked?

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
My Series X and S both showed up under the name "XboxOne" in the Xbox app (for streaming purposes) until I manually updated the names on each console, then did a system Restart. It was a little silly.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Friend's Series X failed last night. First Sea of Thieves started crashing, then every game stopped launching. Now it powers on half the time, and when it does, there's pretty major GPU artifacting.

Going to contact Microsoft support, hopefully they'll do a quick exchange in Canada.

That's 1/3 boxes I purchased that are duds so far. Friend is MAJORLY bummed out - wants to just get a refund and forgo nextgen, but I'm trying to talk him down.

Juturna

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Feel like I got one of the earlier made Series X's. Manufacture date was in July. Interesting.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Found this on Reddit about RE3 running on Series S

The loads are insane, and I expect better performance what from my PS4 Slim. It's tempting get this and RE2 even if I had those already for PS4.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Found this on Reddit about RE3 running on Series S

The loads are insane, and I expect better performance what from my PS4 Slim. It's tempting get this and RE2 even if I had those already for PS4.

I grabbed this digital a few weeks back, and have been looking forward to burning through it. Good find.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure about the PC port, (heard it needs mods to avoid major issues?) but as far as consoles go Series X is absolutely the best way to play Nier Automata and it's not close.

I'm fortunate enough to have a ps5 and a XSX, and have the game on both systems. I installed both and took screen caps from each directly (it should be noted that they both run at locked 60).

The Series X version has much better image quality than the PS5 version.

pR1qk5u.png

PS5: Left
XSX: Right

full direct caps:
PS5: https://www.flickr.com/photos/191119797@N07/50625466657/
XSX: https://www.flickr.com/photos/191119797@N07/50625366086/

It's also quite noticeable while playing that the XSX has superior image quality and resolution. It's not close.

Thought someone might find this useful since it's such a beloved game!

(Also note that Nier Automata is currently available on Gamepass!)

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
this is what i'm doing to speed up downloads

I switch from my game to a smaller game, this puts game on Quick Resume mode
Close smaller game
Download is faster

Don't know if it's placebo

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
this is what i'm doing to speed up downloads

I switch from my game to a smaller game, this puts game on Quick Resume mode
Close smaller game
Download is faster

Don't know if it's placebo

To my knowledge, whenever a game is active in memory (nothing to do with Quick Resume), download speeds are pulled back from their max. So if a game is "idling" while you're on the home screen, you can speed up the max download by manually closing it.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017

I don't have the game to test, but that's most likely nonsense based on how the resolution setting has always worked on Xbox. Lowering your screen resolution in the system menu changes output res, but not internal res. So for example, if you set the Series X to 720p, it's still rendering games at their full res, it's just supersampling them on that 720p output. It's the first I've heard of a way to play AC @ 60 fps on Series S, which makes me doubtful in itself.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
I'm not sure about the PC port, (heard it needs mods to avoid major issues?) but as far as consoles go Series X is absolutely the best way to play Nier Automata and it's not close.

I'm fortunate enough to have a ps5 and a XSX, and have the game on both systems. I installed both and took screen caps from each directly (it should be noted that they both run at locked 60).

The Series X version has much better image quality than the PS5 version.

pR1qk5u.png

PS5: Left
XSX: Right

full direct caps:
PS5: https://www.flickr.com/photos/191119797@N07/50625466657/
XSX: https://www.flickr.com/photos/191119797@N07/50625366086/

It's also quite noticeable while playing that the XSX has superior image quality and resolution. It's not close.

Thought someone might find this useful since it's such a beloved game!

(Also note that Nier Automata is currently available on Gamepass!)
The série x IS the best version for me, even with the mod, i never felt the game this smooth on my 1080ti...and the HDR IS really good !

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Nice! It was a very weird mistake to have since the one X didn't.

Also, i just want to say that I'm loving this console and I'm so happy i skipped on the pro consoles because coming from a regular ps4, even playing an old game like Halo at 120Hz really feels to me like a generational leap. Also, so many games running at 4K 60fps with HDR... it's just difficult to go back

AaronWatermelon

Designer at Rocketwerkz
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone had an issue where a vertical line up and down the screen is sort of misaligned or "displaced". It's hard to describe, but if you look at a box for example, one half of it is raised compared to the other if said line is going through it. I'm assuming it's something to do with VRR/120hz, as my G-sync monitor has the same issue now and then, and is corrected with a simple power off-on. Using a LG C9 if that helps.

Last edited:

Jasonofindy

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone give me examples of games that are OUT NOW that I won't be able to play from an external SSD?

I'm pretty sure Forza Horizon 4, Grounded, Maneater, and Planet Coaster can't be run from an external drive. Only the internal or the expansion card.

From what I've read, if you look at the file info for an installed game and it says AppModel:GDK then it will only work on the internal. If it says AppModel: XDK, then it was made using the Xbox One DevKit and should run from the external.