dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Yeah. LG CX 55 owner here.

I have basically the ultimate couch PC gamer setup. Well ultimate for my personal tastes at least.
gXf0qBO.jpg

Everyone's use cases and preferences will wildly vary. I carefully choose on specific games I feel would have an optimal benefit on PC over console, Cyberpunk 2077 for it's presumed RTX features for instance. I mean I wouldn't recommend something like Skyrim on console either because of the outstanding mod support on PC, but again I also tried to push Skyrim on my old Xbox One X to the absolute limit in terms of modding support and I got very, very far with it

On that note I'm surprised because of the Microsoft / Bethesda partnership there isn't some super boosted Xbox Series X version with higher modding limits then the 5GB limitation on the Xbox One X. Might be something to look forward to honestly.
Nice. I also have a cx, series x, and a new laptop with a 2070s, and I also am playing skyrim on pc, but the modding to me is much too difficult to integrate, so I'm playing vanilla.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
Storage space is absolutely going to be a huge issue going forward. I've pretty filled up my storage after installing about 49 games, this is with a 500GB external hooked up. Those upgrade updates are pretty huge size wise.

I don't have a 4k TV yet but the improvements are already noticeable. Gears 5 and MK 11 look like a big step up already. I also decided to give Fortnite a whirl, and despite me not really playing the game often it looks pretty fantastic, the colors really pop. Still need to check out Forza, Ori, and Modern Warfare 2019.

As far as the all the previous gen stuff, I played some Overwatch and Rainbow 6 Siege and I noticed much steadier performance and better image quality, faster loading as well. Same with Hitman 2, the faster loading is very noticeable in that game. Haven't tried a 360 game yet but I did give Chaos Theory a go and it looked great, probably as good as the PC version.

Coming from a One X, the Series X still feels a bit more like a mid gen refresh to me right now, but one that I'm very happy with. I haven't even played around with quick resume at all yet, and I'm going to need a new TV at some point to really take advantage of the hardware.
I just bought the ridiculously expensive Seagate 1tb expansion for 299
Cad on Amazon. Fuck it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've always been curious about this maybe you know...

So a "surround sound" headphone like this, how does that work with Dolby Atmos for Headphones that I use on Xbox?

Does it work better? does it conflict with it so just use 5.1 output instead?

confused thx

Afaik it doesn't matter. Possibly a 7.1 headset is better equipped to handle atmos or dts surround but afaik a pair of sony 7506s sound just as good if not better with these surround headphone modes. These guys just have a convenient mic so they are nice and the 7506s are neglibly better in terms of sound quality but no volume wheel or or mic built in.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Nice. I also have a cx, series x, and a new laptop with a 2070s, and I also am playing skyrim on pc, but the modding to me is much too difficult to integrate, so I'm playing vanilla.

Not difficult at all if you use specific software to make management easy. Manually adding mods can be difficult and a nightmare in terms of conflicts, If you need any assistance in regards to setting a load order of mods, let me know and I'll help you out.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
I'm loving the Series X but the lack of optical on both these consoles is a real pain in my ass (not that they don't have their reasons).

So far I can't use headphones at all. I used to have the optical hookup go straight into my stereo receiver (old ass stereo receiver btw) and plug in the phones there. NOW, however, I'm forced to plug the headphones directly into my Series X controller. However, my Sennheiser cans are obviously too powerful for the little controller so the sound is all blown out. Okay, so then I plug in a cheap pair of earbuds and am greeted with a high pitched buzzing in my ears no matter how hard or soft I push in the cable.

Meanwhile I ordered an optical splitter for my TV so I can split the signal between a soundbar and my old ass stereo. And lo and behold, Amazon contacted me saying that my package is super late, they're sorry, and most likely it has been lost here's a refund. LOL.

So now I've gone ahead and ordered a different splitter, this guy HERE. Hope this works out okay.
I'm using optical as well to a bryston dac, headphone amp, and abyss 1266tc phi headphones. I need that optical out on the cx!

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
I've always been curious about this maybe you know...

So a "surround sound" headphone like this, how does that work with Dolby Atmos for Headphones that I use on Xbox?

Does it work better? does it conflict with it so just use 5.1 output instead?

confused thx
You want standard stereo being output from the headphones when using Dolby Atmos for Headphones. Not sure if those headphones have the option, but you want to turn off any surround sound processing on gaming headphones otherwise you won't get the best audio quality

Deleted member 50735

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I'm finding HDR looks better on Borderlands 2, 3 and FH4 so far, but the same on Wasteland 3. I was wondering if I was imagining it. I'm using a 65" OLED. Borderlands 2 is a totally locked 60fps all the time now over the rather too frequent drops on x1x.

Deleted member 35071

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
why didn't anyone tell me that a game doesn't have to be on the internal storage for Quick Resume to work.

I thought none of the Series X features worked unless a game is on the SSD? Sure enough i played Skate 3 off my external HDD...and quick resumed back and forth to some other games

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
You want standard stereo being output from the headphones when using Dolby Atmos for Headphones. Not sure if those headphones have the option, but you want to turn off any surround sound processing on gaming headphones otherwise you won't get the best audio quality

That's kind of what I guessed. Thx
I'm using stereo hp now and they are good with the Dolby Atmos for HP

Afaik it doesn't matter. Possibly a 7.1 headset is better equipped to handle atmos or dts surround but afaik a pair of sony 7506s sound just as good if not better with these surround headphone modes. These guys just have a convenient mic so they are nice and the 7506s are neglibly better in terms of sound quality but no volume wheel or or mic built in.
Yes they appear to be a decent set for the price

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
ok, so my OLED vs 30fps saga continues with me booting up Journey to the Savage Planet and just simply unable to play it, I just can't handle the jutter when rotating the camera. I've been playing on both PC and Console for literally decades and 30fps never bothered me but now that is 3 games back to back (to back) that I just simply cannot play at 30 (Fallen Order and FF15 luckily run at 60 in their respective performance modes on SX, Journey has no such mode so I just uninstalled it).

I've never had this issue before with my old TVs and I refuse to believe I just suddenly became averse to sub-60 frame rates sooooooo... I booted up Batman Arkham Knight, which I know is a locked 30 game so that would be a perfect test. And you know what? I'm completely fine with it, it doesn't bother me in the slightest (as 30fps ever did before), rotating the camera is fine, even smooth, the whole thing just runs great. So I dunno wtf is going on with the other games, if its something specific there, if Batman's heavy use of motion blur somehow makes it better for my eyes, whatever the case, I need to test some more 30fps games because this is kinda driving me a bit nuts.

Sidenote, Arkham Knight looks fucking amazing with Auto-HDR holy shit.

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
Small question but what's the easiest way to upload a custom avatar pic to Xbox? Just put it in a USB drive and grab it from there?

Can everyone see your custom avatar pic, or only friends?
Easiest for me was emailing the pic to myself and then using Edge on the Xbox to grab it from there. Had to waifu2x the pic to get it up to size. Everyone can see it AFAIK.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
I had my headphones on just now... (plugged into controller) and also the audio on my tv. Sounds were ever-so-slightly delayed on my TV as compared to the headphones in the controller. Anyone else experienced this and have suggestions on how to tighten up that delay?
gear:
Series X
2019 LG OLED C9
Sonos Beam connected via Optical to the TV because... when I got it and had my One X and had the TV connected to the sound bar via HDMI-ARC, there was an even LARGER lag/delay in audio.

Help? :)

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I had my headphones on just now... (plugged into controller) and also the audio on my tv. Sounds were ever-so-slightly delayed on my TV as compared to the headphones in the controller. Anyone else experienced this and have suggestions on how to tighten up that delay?
gear:
Series X
2019 LG OLED C9
Sonos Beam connected via Optical to the TV because... when I got it and had my One X and had the TV connected to the sound bar via HDMI-ARC, there was an even LARGER lag/delay in audio.

Help? :)
Most TVs have a setting to adjust audio delay somewhere. Check the audio settings on your TV and see.

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017
One of the new pads I bought has already developed drift on the right stick. If I click down right on the stick I can see it continue to move on the WZ map.

The console gets strangely noisy after it's been played a few hours. Noticed it with not Valhalla and GEoW5. What's worse is our sounds like a disc drive spinning rather than fans going nuts but it's definitely pretty loud.

Seriously disappointed and underwhelmed so far.

Aug 5, 2018
Anyone else getting poker club? Looks nice with ray tracing and all, releases tomorrow. Was hoping the region swapping trick would unlock it tonight but no dice. 😫

Sky Walker

Oct 25, 2017
my brother got his XSX at launch. It was all good until today : downloads speed went down for no reason ? Used to be go up to 250mbps and now can't go further than 3 mbps. We tried closing down games at the backgrounds but still no use. Pretty sure it isn't the ISP or the router because the download speed on my pc and speedtest looks fine.

Any insights ?

Lucent

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Been testing out some games on the series X. Most look great. Witcher 3 is awesome in performance mode. AC Origins had a weird issue though where some things kinda flicker like the grass and mountains in the distance repeatedly flash brighter and darker. Only game that does that so far that I've seen. Weird.

KeyboardThug

Oct 27, 2017
my brother got his XSX at launch. It was all good until today : downloads speed went down for no reason ? Used to be go up to 250mbps and now can't go further than 3 mbps. We tried closing down games at the backgrounds but still no use. Pretty sure it isn't the ISP or the router because the download speed on my pc and speedtest looks fine.

Any insights ?
I think its just the xbox servers today. My speeds during the day were at like 3-20 and now the are back to 200-400.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Finally put a disc in my launch Series X. None of the bumps or odd noises people complained about.

But goddamn do you notice the disc spinning during install next to the dead silent fan. What a machine.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
Small question but what's the easiest way to upload a custom avatar pic to Xbox? Just put it in a USB drive and grab it from there?

Can everyone see your custom avatar pic, or only friends?

Everyone can see your custom avvy. You can use the console companion app on Windows 10 to upload an image (I think the new Xbox app should work too).

It needs to be 1080x1080 so use a decent upscaler like Waifu2x to double the size of the image. It will also take a bit of time for the image to be approved so don't be surprised if it doesn't appear right away. After that enjoy your fav character as your avatar!

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
So, my Xbox Series X has been working pretty much perfectly up to now, but I am having a weird issue. I have the new Yakuza game (Like a Dragon) on disc. I played about 2-3 hours a day or two ago and was coming back to it, and every time I tried to start it, my console hard crashes, completely turns off. So I'm worried here and I decided to try out other games. Tried three Game Pass games, all work fine. So I decide to try Mortal Shell, another disc game I have. I pop it in and not only does it work, it pops to quick resume to right where I left off when I took the disc out to swap for Yakuza.

Anyone else had this issue with any physical game, Yakuza or otherwise? I don't know what to make of this. It will not like quit out of Yakuza of the quick resume, either, even though Quick Resume pops up in the corner or the screen.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
uhh is bright memory supposed to have a mouse cursor on the screen and full on graphics settings in the menu? it's quite possibly the least effort i've seen in port ever lol

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
So, my Xbox Series X has been working pretty much perfectly up to now, but I am having a weird issue. I have the new Yakuza game (Like a Dragon) on disc. I played about 2-3 hours a day or two ago and was coming back to it, and every time I tried to start it, my console hard crashes, completely turns off. So I'm worried here and I decided to try out other games. Tried three Game Pass games, all work fine. So I decide to try Mortal Shell, another disc game I have. I pop it in and not only does it work, it pops to quick resume to right where I left off when I took the disc out to swap for Yakuza.

Anyone else had this issue with any physical game, Yakuza or otherwise? I don't know what to make of this. It will not like quit out of Yakuza of the quick resume, either, even though Quick Resume pops up in the corner or the screen.

I've played a good 6 disc games so far and didn't have any problem. That's not normal.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell if my Halo MCC is updated, I mean I assume so I have it so it updates automatically, but just like Ori 2, 120fps looks exactly the same as 60fps to me lol. I wish the XBOX's UI showed you recent updates in the update tab but it doesnt. What ver. is Halo MCC supposed to be on after the update?

I just played through Halo CE's The Silent Cartographer (level 3, which is where I left off on XB1) and its very sharp (4K for sure) and its smooth but yeah, I don't see much of a difference tbh. The cut-scenes are strangely choppy.
I asked the same question this morning. Go to your game library and you can sort by update date

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I've played a good 6 disc games so far and didn't have any problem. That's not normal.

I went into the data and deleted the save data and reserve space, and it worked. Save date loaded from the cloud so nothing lost. I think it might just be a Yakuza thing? Like I said, no issue with my disc copy of Mortal Shell and everything digitally seems to be working fine. It's weird, but I think it's some kind of hitch with the Quick Resume.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
How do I confirm that my digital copy of MCC is updated? It's still downloading on super slow internet, but is there any way to see if it's the most current version, or will I just have to wait until it finishes (probably in another day or two 😭) to get the update?

This has always been so background and seem less when I had Fiber, but now I'm having to prioritize what's downloading and I want to play Halo at 120fps ASAP.

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
I went into the data and deleted the save data and reserve space, and it worked. Save date loaded from the cloud so nothing lost. I think it might just be a Yakuza thing? Like I said, no issue with my disc copy of Mortal Shell and everything digitally seems to be working fine. It's weird, but I think it's some kind of hitch with the Quick Resume.

Could very well be something QR related yeah, feels quite unfinished to me.

Can't test Yakuza 7 cause I'm still playing Yakuza 0.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
I'm a little confused with this. I have a few year old Samsung which is only HDMI 2.0/4k 60fps. So should I disable YUC422 to get 4:2:0 at 10bit, as it's better than 4:2:2 at 8bit?
You don't want 4:2:0 or 4:2:2. You want 4:4:4 but that's probably up to your tv and your HDMI cable.

Edit: The cable included in the XSX should be plenty good enough.

Edit 2: Check out this list to see if your TV supports 4k/60 4:4:4

Last edited:

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
Bro how am I supposed to be chill about my XSX pre-order purchase when all I read is terrible complains
I got a Series X and a Series S and everything has gone pretty much perfect. I've played dozens of games, I have both of them running at 4K with HDR. I've played my Series X for hours on end with no issues.

You have to remember that the percentage of posts that are complaints will always be skewed. Don't allow yourself to needlessly worried. The vast majority of systems are trouble free.

Kensation

The Enlightened "this guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have an external SSD that I use on my Series X, but for some reason the system won't detect it after I wake the console up from sleep or do a reboot. I have to physically unplug then replug it back in to USB for it to be recognized. I do have the "When Xbox is off, turn off storage" option unselected. Any ideas?

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
Bro how am I supposed to be chill about my XSX pre-order purchase when all I read is terrible complains
Not sure what you are reading but I have both an XSX with my 4K and a XSS on a 1440p monitor and both are working perfectly. Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Gears 5, Forza 4, Sea of Thieves, Minecraft Dungeons, AC: Valhalla. All good so far. My son has a XSX and he has not mentioned any problems to me either. Anecdotal evidence but that seems to be what you are going with.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Guess I'll ask here since no one responded to the thread: do we have a list yet of verified working controller chargers that work with the Series X controllers?

I've been using this Nyko stand for my Xbox One Controller:

As an experiment, I checked to see if it would work on the Series X controller. The chargeable battery actually fit fine AND works properly.....the bad news is that the back shell won't fit.

If by chance they just sold the back shell by itself and I could keep using the existing charging base, that would be great. I doubt if that's the case though.