• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
So, if this turns out to be a "National Pokedex is needed before you can transfer", will those who were misinformed realize this or will the rush to give bad news win over?

Spoiler: It's the later.
it was very clear on the stream that it's not that. It's a technical/development resources thing.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
They said that you can't transfer Pokémon that are not in the regional dex because there are over 800. I heard him loud and clear.
You heard the translation and it was a quick conversation. Even then, they could just block non regional for a limited time, like they did in 3ds, where you had to wait for the pokebank to open.

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
Matsuda gave a frank excuse:
They need to keep dev times down.
Too many Pokemon.
Need to keep things balanced.
Switch hardware increased production times.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
WHAT THE FUCK? WHY?

What's the point of Pokemon Home if you can't even fucking transfer ALL of your Pokemon over?

Fuck you Gamefreak, this bullshit is unacceptable.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Actual super upset over this, "hey lets just remove some of these Pokemon."

I really didn't think anything would turn me away from a mainline game but this has me torn. It looks great but to cut Pokemon? What the hell.

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't it seem weird that they have 800+ Pokemon and they still can't put them all in a game in 2019?

I get there are a ton of 3-D Models with animations but it seems incredibly lame.

That kind of explains why the basic game design looks like a big leap forwards. They're focusing on improving the core of the game rather than the bloat of full backwards compatibility.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
If this is accurate it's completely unacceptable. And just when things were starting to look promising, too.

Yukiko

Feb 21, 2019
Spain
This had to be done at some point. At least from a competitive perspective. Some pokémon were way too useful (landorus-t, incineroar ...)

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
but... i named my account after the pokemon i was going to use
So i have to pray snowpix is in the game? Galar Brexit itself haha

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone: I hope the National Dex is back in Gen 8.
GameFreak: Any Pokemon outside the Galar Dex don't exist.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
IF there is no National DEx and they mean there will be only 300-400 pokemon in the game and the rest are not transferable, Fuck GameFreak.

If it means that you can only transfer from the National Dex after the game is over = OK.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm assuming what they mean is that they haven't had enough time to develop all pokemon models, and hence some pokemon will have to wait for the next game.

This is the weird part. This was part of what they said, but a lot of models are being carried over from Legacy 3DS games (which they already more or less future proofed for later games). So it might be more of a balancing and technical side that they haven't had time to implement all Pokemon. Which makes me wonder if they really didn't have enough time to honestly get the game out in time by the end of the year, but parties are still pushing for it...

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
Is the idea that once you unlock the National broader pokedex in the new games that you can then move any Pokemon into Sword and Shield? If so, I'd understand.

But are they saying any Pokemon not in the initial Galar dex are forever trapped in gen 7? Wtf?
lol The National Dex is gone in Sun and Moon. Despite Let's Go existing for more casual play, I've never expected it to come back for Sword and Shield because Game Freak.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To be honest the way Masuda worded it sounded different than what we've had in the past...this is the first time I felt they were choosing Pokemon to keep in the next Gen.

I don't think the rest will disappear or anything but it doesn't seem like the usual "wait a few months and everyone can come over".

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
If all the Pokedex save for version exclusives are catchable, I welcome this change.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Isn't that the case for all pokemon games...?

Not in the sense that you are blocked from transferring them into the game. They just wouldn't appear in the Pokédex.

This is a terrible change and one that they eventually have to undo. Unless Masada explained himself poorly then it seems like the "increased power" of the Switch meant they could give more detail to the creatures with animations, interactivity etc and as such the creatures that didn't make the cut are simply not compatible with the games.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
I'm sorry, what?

This must mean "at launch," right? There's no way they'd take out such an essential feature of the series lol. Right? Right!?

I guess there's always Ultra Sword and Ultra Shield... ugh.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Not disappointed at all; this was completely expected. As the mainline games continue to add more and more to the roster, it becomes increasingly unreasonable to expect that all 800-900(+?) mons will make it in. There will still be a ton to catch and choose from.

gardfish

Oct 25, 2017
Will wait to hear more confirmation about this, but incredibly disappointing if true. Every other Pokemon game (except Let's Go, but those are their own thing) has allowed you to transfer any Pokemon you want over; it's really going to suck when people can't use their favorites at all because they're not included in the Galar dex.

Status
Not open for further replies.