• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, they aren't.

When your fun is poisoning other people quality of life, you should take notice.

And I'm not even talking about setting a forest or a district on fire.

So because some people don't like fireworks I should "take notice"? No, I don't think I will.

I enjoy lighting them off with my family/going to firework shows and I plan on having fun this Sunday doing just that.

At the very least I agree that shouldn't be shot off for weeks on end and into the AM.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I am rather happy they're now banned where I live as of a few weeks ago. Fuck that nonsense and leaving the street out front a garbage dump of fireworks and one of my cats hiding behind a toilet for hours.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
If I didn't have children they wouldn't bother me, but I do so fuck fireworks and those that use them at 1am.

Normal hours of use and standard fireworks shows are fine though. I mean we will go to some, but god I can't stand the assholes that are lighting them off late into the night.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Other than the fact that the slightest wayward spark would set the entire western United States on fire, I'm all for it. Blow up some colorful shit.

Just do it in K-Mart parking lots; those plazas are dead anyway.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Just do it in K-Mart parking lots; those plazas are dead anyway.

People here just do it.all over the neighborhood, especially in open fields like parks and schools (full of trees and dry grass)... I'm actually debating on hosing down the dry grass around my place, fence, roof, etc... Not sure how effective it would even be but I cannot afford to deal with a fire :/

MatchaMouse

Mar 12, 2018
Wish people would think of the animals :( my poor dog is going to be scared out of her mind. I always wonder how wildlife feel… it must be terrifying.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
People here just do it.all over the neighborhood, especially in open fields like parks and schools (full of trees and dry grass)... I'm actually debating on hosing down the dry grass around my place, fence, roof, etc... Not sure how effective it would even be but I cannot afford to deal with a fire :/
It's all over residential areas here, too. It's everywhere in Las Vegas, even though the ones that shoot up into the sky, outside of professional venues, are illegal.

They're not illegal the county over, so people just drive 45 minutes to an hour, buy some, and then drive on back.

Nothing ever happens in my neighborhood though since it's an HOA filled with old people, but some miles down the way, those neighborhoods get crazy.

Maximum Spider

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
z7zNbip.jpeg
lmao

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Fireworks usually aren't too bad in my area, but I'm hoping that everyone is still too traumatized from the PNW heatwave to bother with shooting them off at all this year. We really don't need the increased fire risk this year.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A week? It's every weekend from May through September in my area.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
People were popping off on Juneteeth, I felt might conflicted

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

I know it's played off as a "no fun allowed" thing for grumpy introverts or whatever, but on top of PTSD concerns, pets, small kids, there's this and that's why I have no plans on going out because I'm worried about fires.

abc7news.com

EXCLUSIVE: SF family wakes up to backyard in flames caused by fireworks

'I WAS TERRIFIED': According to Lt. Baxter, that fear was justified. "That entire house could have burned down, that entire neighborhood could have burned down," he said.

If fireworks were the small, legal kind from stalls, or those big ones that cities planned (which couldn't last year), no one would have a problem. It's the huge ones that get shot off everywhere all night, with people that have no idea what they are doing. Growing up the danger was "don't play with fireworks, you'll shoot your hand off", and now it's "don't play with fireworks, you'll burn down your own neighborhood" :/

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
A week? It's every weekend from May through September in my area.

A local theme park in my area is having a show EVERY NIGHT starting back in May, and continuing on until after Labor Day.

It echoes up the valley surrounding a major transportation corridor, affecting easily 10's-if not 100's- of thousands of residents.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
Already started in LA- two nights ago fireworks were going off at 1am.

Just go play some video games instead!

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I got stupid kids already shooting them off for the past week at random ass times. But thankfully at least Colorado has had a ton of rain and snow this year, so the possibility of idiots sparking wildfires in the mountain regions with fireworks is very low.

zoku88

Oct 27, 2017
Last year, I had to evacuate my apartment due to a fire caused by fireworks.

Hopefully they learned their lesson!

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
After years of sucking, this no longer bothers me. Not for myself; I can sleep through almost anything. But for my dog. He's gotten old, too, and now his hearing is bad enough that fireworks don't scare him any more. He used to tremble and pant non-stop for days around July 4th, poor thing.

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
There's always a bunch here and the annual fireworks topic (as usual) is by far the most active on Nextdoor. For some reason someone very near us has been firing off exactly one every night at about 11. I laughed the other day because I could hear some going off at about 2pm--can you even see it? I expect it to be pretty hellacious this year what with folks eager to celebrate more than ever.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Surprisingly I haven't heard many in AZ despite being fine to use the past couple weeks.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Feb 25, 2018
So because some people don't like fireworks I should "take notice"? No, I don't think I will.

I enjoy lighting them off with my family/going to firework shows and I plan on having fun this Sunday doing just that.

At the very least I agree that shouldn't be shot off for weeks on end and into the AM.

I was more talking about personal use with people shooting them at night and using those that make a lot of sounds, or fucking causing destructive fires with them!

At least you are civilized with your usage. That's fine.

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
I love how in the desert it decided to rain on 4th of July weekend. People are probably going to pop off for the week after but it won't be that bad.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate my neighborhood so much during firework season.

I want the old Michigan ban back.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
They've been going on for a few days around me, and there's some now. One of my dogs is not happy about it at all, and has been difficult to walk at night.

Saito

Oct 25, 2017
Potential rain here on the 4th; let's hope so. The idiots that live around me will be doubly ready to pop off this year now "COVID is gone." They have American flags planted along their walk way year round to give you an idea of what I'm dealing with.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I can tolerate fireworks. Doesn't bother me. I'm sympathetic to pets and people sensitive to them so they're not for me.

But fireworks after midnight would piss me the fuck off.

Samenamenick

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Manchester, NH
I (oddly) have not heard many rogue fireworks in my neighborhood so far this summer. (last year was crazy comparatively) NH is fireworks central, as far as being able to procure.

City fireworks are sat night weather permitting, maybe it will start after that. I do feel for the annoyed, startled, etc...but I really do enjoy them.

There's a reason new years around the world is kicked off in similar fashion... Booms and sparkles of hope and joy

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I like fireworks and all, but as a parent you're kind of puckering your asshole whenever one goes off waiting to see if it woke your child up.

Dbltap

Oct 31, 2017
Woodinville, WA
Does anyone here have bunnies? I'm curious how they handle fireworks. This is my first year having bunnies during the 4th of July and I'm worried about them.

Lucini

Oct 27, 2017
Have your fun, but goddamn let folks sleep without hearing bunker buster sounding like it si going off right outside your window.

*sits down in his rocking chair and sucks on a peppermint*

My dogs are reacting exactly like that. Rocking chair, chewing paws.

I'm loading the clip just in case...my neighborhood is good, but also bad.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
I'm 20 and I've grown to strongly dislike fireworks, they're so damn annoying and loud