• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Have your fun, but goddamn let folks sleep without hearing bunker buster sounding like it si going off right outside your window.

*sits down in his rocking chair and sucks on a peppermint*

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
These assholes have being use some very loud shit that shaking the whole house it pisses me off.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm both in a state where they are illegal and a high grade fire risk while living in a commercial district. Should be pretty quiet here

Joco

Oct 29, 2017
Wish fireworks would just be completely banned. Straight up annoying, not to mention the potential dangers with them.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
ahh oh yeah, i thought people were "honoring" hospital workers again. Because I bet they loved being woken up after a long shift by people shooting off fireworks at all hours of the day

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck fireworks. Everything around here is dry as tinder but these dopes keeping lighting up fireworks and starting fires.

Slayven do you want one of my Werther's Originals?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I always worry about fireworks waking up my kid at this time of year.

Stop blowing shit up late at night.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
I feel bad for all the pets that freak out because of fireworks. When I was a kid, some neighbors celebrating new year's accidentally shot a firework straight into the wall of our house, and on the other side of it my poor dog was hiding behind the couch, already fearing for his life. Fuck that shit.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
This is my favorite time of year. I can fall asleep to the sound of the crackles and pops and bangs in the distance on the 4th.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
What do you mean this week? It's been happening in the Bay Area for about 2 months, a bit every night :/ Lots of articles of thousands of pounds of confiscated fireworks with how bad it's been.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Also dog owner Era. Poor guy gets terrorized this time of year. I was fine with fireworks until I got my little bastard, and now I despise them with the fury of a thousand suns.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
my neighborhood is usually a warzone but firework usage is probably down 1000% compared to last year. They started around memorial day in 2020

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
yeah tons around here starting this week too, it sucks because it creates a sudden spike of dogs who run away from their house and that is really sad. I think July 4th is the weekend with the biggest number of missing dogs.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
My dogs and I join you in saying fuck fireworks. I'm glad it isn't at the ridiculous levels of last year though.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm good for a day or two on a holiday, but where I live shit is going off every night and I hate everyone that does it. I don't need to hear that shit at 11pm on Tuesday.

would love if they would limit the time people can buy fireworks. They start selling them first week of June. Bad enough it's another week of leftover fireworks at least after the 4th

I didn't hate fireworks until I moved to LA.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Oh it's already happening in my place. 12am and still, stupid people want their boom booms

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you have a dog or cat that gets stressed about fireworks, apparently a thundershirt for them to wear is a great help.

Darksol

Oct 28, 2017
Japan
As an immigrant to your country, I get to witness you Americans engaging in your two favourite activities: blowing shit up, and annoying the people around you.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's been happening for the last week where I live out in the sticks. Fireworks and some gunshots. I imagine the 4th is going to be loud as fuck. Doesn't bother me but I don't have to work the day after, I feel for the people who will have to wake up early the next day.

Klotera

Oct 27, 2017
Also dog owner Era. Poor guy gets terrorized this time of year. I was fine with fireworks until I got my little bastard, and now I despise them with the fury of a thousand suns.

Yeah, our dog freaks out - so we wouldn't even really be able to go out and "enjoy" fireworks if we wanted to. Benadryl (on advice of our vet) helps a little, but he's still pretty worked up. It's not like you just have to get through that one night, either. Inevitably, there's people shooting fireworks days before and after the fourth. I'm in a new city now that only allows them between certain hours on the 3rd and 4th. We'll see if that gets enforced.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
It's funny - I live in Chicago and fireworks noise differs DRASTICALLY by neighborhood. When I used to live in Logan Square/Humboldt Park, it was a solid three months of fireworks from around 9PM to 1AM. Then we moved to Edgewater and it dropped off completely - we almost never heard any go off. Now we live in Uptown and it's kind of in the middle - we hear them, but not as often, and not for as long.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Yeah, our dog freaks out - so we wouldn't even really be able to go out and "enjoy" fireworks if we wanted to. Benadryl (on advice of our vet) helps a little, but he's still pretty worked up. It's not like you just have to get through that one night, either. Inevitably, there's people shooting fireworks days before and after the fourth. I'm in a new city now that only allows them between certain hours on the 3rd and 4th. We'll see if that gets enforced.

Shit, I forgot I need to buy some Benadryl for this coming weekend. Thank you for that.

Oct 25, 2017
62OB.gif

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I am glad to see I am not alone. I hate July 4th for the fireworks alone. Not only are they super loud and people blast them off at all hours of the morning, but my neighbors blow them up right next to my property and then I'm left to clean up all of the spent fireworks in my yard. And legally there's nothing I can do about it, according to my town's laws.

It also doesn't help that the "largest fireworks warehouse in the midwest" is in the town over, 3 miles from my house (less as the crow flies).

Jul 18, 2018
It's funny - I live in Chicago and fireworks noise differs DRASTICALLY by neighborhood. When I used to live in Logan Square/Humboldt Park, it was a solid three months of fireworks from around 9PM to 1AM. Then we moved to Edgewater and it dropped off completely - we almost never heard any go off. Now we live in Uptown and it's kind of in the middle - we hear them, but not as often, and not for as long.
This shitty rainy weather really helped curb the use of fireworks because usually they would be set off every night for a couple weeks before july 4th

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
We have a dog that has terrible anxiety over fireworks but we just plan around it. Our vet gives us sedatives which we give him on evening of the fourth and if it's a huge issue we'll go out of town. Maybe go camping or something. People enjoy fireworks and I really have no problem with that. Obviously there's assholes everywhere who go too far but that applies with everything. Best to plan around it, minimize the effects, and hopefully enjoy the lightshow. Dont be the fun sponge

Thebox

Dec 26, 2019
I like fireworks, but there is no reason to be shooting off artillery shells and shit at 2 am. Luckily it's been much less than last year around here. I think the shortages and higher prices have helped with that.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
z7zNbip.jpeg

On a serous note, my neighborhood will go fucking nuclear on the 4th, but nothing goes off before or after so I consider myself lucky. We're having a HUGE party at my home and people will just walk the neighborhood for 3-4hrs of straight professional grade fireworks.

Deleted member 93841

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 17, 2021
I'm just waiting for the asocial folks to start gaslighting pet owners by telling them that it's their own fault that their pets are scared of fireworks, like they always do.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This has been going on since the start of June. And I expect it to continue all throughout July.