Status
Not open for further replies.

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
PS5 will likely be 4k dynamic res with checkerboard rendering, between 1600-1800p when a lot is happening on screen at high/ultra settings. Your setup should be able to hit the similar settings and performance at 1440p at least.
I was hoping my PC would perform better, but you could be right as well. Having a beta is great, so I can test it on both my PC and PS5 (though performance can obviously still improve for the release version).

SirDante

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 20, 2020
I wonder what combination of settings PS5/Series X will have with PC. Likely High/Ultra with dynamic scaling is a possibility?

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what combination of settings PS5/Series X will have with PC. Likely High/Ultra with dynamic scaling is a possibility?
I'm going to guess they'll be dynamic 4K checkerboard like BFV was but have higher settings on average than it did while supporting more players. Should look pretty nice

SirDante

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 20, 2020
I'm going to guess they'll be dynamic 4K checkerboard like BFV was but have higher settings on average than it did while supporting more players. Should look pretty nice
The gameplay trailer in June 2021 said representative of Series X gameplay. The Beta one did not, but I do expect it to look more or less like that, well, I think it's doable atleast.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
The gameplay trailer in June 2021 said representative of Series X gameplay. The Beta one did not, but I do expect it to look more or less like that, well, I think it's doable atleast.
Me too. 2042 seems like it's focusing more on upping the scale and level of interaction as opposed to visuals compared to the last game. Don't get me wrong, that's not an insult in the slightest, even playing BFV through BC on my PS5 recently I still thought it looked fantastic. The past few Frostbite games have already pushed visuals really far so seeing more destruction, more players, etc at a (hopefully) stable level of performance on console will be awesome to see

SirDante

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 20, 2020
Me too. 2042 seems like it's focusing more on upping the scale and level of interaction as opposed to visuals compared to the last game. Don't get me wrong, that's not an insult in the slightest, even playing BFV through BC on my PS5 recently I still thought it looked fantastic. The past few Frostbite games have already pushed visuals really far so seeing more destruction, more players, etc at a (hopefully) stable level of performance on console will be awesome to see
Agree entirely. I installed BF V again last week and it does look amazing. Also been playing BF 4 a bit and it holds up, especially gameplay wise.

I'm so excited that we finally have a CPU/GPU capable of actually making a new Battlefield look/play like the PC version. 😁 I think the higher player count+the explosions, the visuals are going to look crazy great.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Been busy as fuck at work all day, didn't get to look at much online. When I got home I hoped to play some BF1 with a friend and saw the date for the 2042 beta flash on my screen as it loaded up
the-rock-wwe.gif

NateDog

"This guy are sick"
Jan 8, 2018
Of course this is on my late work week where I'll barely have time to get home and sleep before heading back to work. I've barely been playing games lately but I was really looking forward to this. First world problems but damn that's disappointing timing.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Why is slide on the prone button.... this better be able to be bound separately.

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
Considering the dx12 only pc version I'm very tempted to go with the ps5 edition. (First console bf since 1943)

Performance is gonna be brutal for no reason whatsoever. And if bfv is anything to go by Dice will be unable to fix it

FreezerGeezer

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I know it is only because I've watched far too much leaked alpha footage over the last weeks but looking forward to seeing some footage of the others maps, hopefully post BETA.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Because to slide you need to run and crouch. :D
Im not sure what you mean.

So to slide you need to run crouch and prone?

Because the graphic shows slide on the prone button not the crouch button. Like every other FPS including the last 2 Battlefields slide has been on the crouch button. This is the first I have ever seen it on prone.

EDIT: Im talking PC btw(sorry should have been more specifc). I see on controller crouch slide prone are all the same button. But for PC Prone and Slide being the same button makes zero sense.

Last edited:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

Because the graphic shows slide on the prone button not the crouch button. Like every other FPS including the last 2 Battlefields slide has been on the crouch button. This is the first I have ever seen it on prone.
They're all on the same button on controllers, or did you mean keyboard keys?

Gero

Oct 28, 2017

EDIT: Im talking PC btw. I see on controller crouch slide prone are all the same button. But for PC Prone and Slide being the same button makes zero sense.

what? its literally the same as in previous BF games. You run, press circle and you start sliding. Holding circle is the prone.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Hmm I might take the days off for this.. But I expect the servers to be overun and at capacity through the whole beta.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
One thing i wanna know about the HUD. Please tell me we can hide the bottom right part with the weapons and gadgets. It was possible in previous BF games.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Still wish i could opt out of playing with PC.
PC has so many problems with hackers in BF games. I always was happy i was playing on console because of that. Now they are added into my matchmaking..

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, Crossplay is fairly useless if they don't allow consoles to not mix with PC. Honestly hope journalists ask those questions of DICE, it's just a huge miss.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
PC has so many problems with hackers in BF games. I always was happy i was playing on console because of that. Now they are added into my matchmaking..
Yeah console default PC opt in would be preferable, even input based would be fine as a compromise. I do wonder if this is something they are set on and have buffed the aim assist for controllers.

SirDante

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 20, 2020
This. And I'm sick of cross play on PC with Cold War. If Dice don't budge on this, I'll disable crossplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.