• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
In the demo you can already see how the story of the two characters Olberich and Primrose are very different, and also how it plays: Primrose's story is a slow burner, lots of cutscenes but it brings more mature themes (and i like it more in general), while with Olberich you jump almost immediately into battles.

Yeah but both are starting areas.
Look at Dargon Age for a good example.

Really different starts depending on character but mostly the same game.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
In the demo you can already see how the story of the two characters Olberich and Primrose are very different, and also how it plays: Primrose's story is a slow burner, lots of cutscenes but it brings more mature themes (and i like it more in general), while with Olberich you jump almost immediately into battles, cause you're the hero of that village.
I think Olberich's backstory is more interesting though with an antagonist who seems to take a larger role in the overall story.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I think Olberich's backstory is more interesting though with an antagonist who seems to take a larger role in the overall story.

You dont think that the organization behind the death of Primrose's father will a have a central role ?

They seem to be very present in the shadows, controling Primrose's "master" too.

MagnesG

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think I will get many hate for saying this, but I think they really need to chill with all the postprocessing shaders and shit. Sometimes I can hardly tell what the hell is going on, as things are at times either too bright or too dark. Sensory overload, that's the word I'm thinking of.
I get your point even though I love dramatic effects. Rest assured they had already addressed those issues by having options to turn them off. Multiple options.

Deleted member 22070

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There are hidden sidequests in the demo so I wouldnt worry too much.

Plus the abilities of each party members are suited to great interactions with NPCs and unique sidequests.

I'm unsure why you think it won't have much side content, be it quests, items, combat, or dungeons. If anything, it seems like that'll comprise much of the game, with the different path actions presenting new ways to approach situations.

In the demo alone, there are multiple ways to solve various side quests, two strong NPCs to duel, hidden BiS equipment, and an optional dungeon with difficult enemies.

Yeah like I said, I'm unsure myself as to why I feel that way. I get what you mean, I saw all that but I still feel there's a chance the game might not have as much a wealth of content as more traditionnal / older JRPGS in the genre. There will be, but it's possible the dev and emphasis has been spent mostly on the story and the whole "paths" thing and the art / tech and have less to offer on the pure content front.

Hope I'm wrong.

XQqKJ2i.gif

Fuck, I want it now :'(

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I will get many hate for saying this, but I think they really need to chill with all the postprocessing shaders and shit. Sometimes I can hardly tell what the hell is going on, as things are at times either too bright or too dark. Sensory overload, that's the word I'm thinking of.
There's already a toggle for turning it off

ccieag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Vail, CO
Finally played the demo, and this game is awesome! Fun to play, even with random battles. Will be buying it for sure.

Now, to play the knight's story a bit, but Primrose was great.

"Master, go pleasure yourself"

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Bravely series was awesome, and I really dug the demo. I am worried that some of the characters might be weaker than other and you'll be stuck with them for a period of time that might hurt the game.