Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Zigzagoon is obviously a racoon but then its evolution is more mongoose like?

335.png

The mongoose is actually Zangoose, which is eternally fighting Seviper, mirroring the mongoose/cobra feud. I agree they don't really look that much like a traditional mongoose though.

p264f347.png
>
p862f416.webp

Zigzagoon turns into Linoone, which closely resembles a Japanese Badger, before turning into Obstagoon, which is basically if Linoone joined a japanese biker gang. (Only the Galarian form evolves this way though)

AgeEighty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There does need to be a capybara pokemon. Psychic, it charms and disarms you with its stately cuteness, and never does anything physical except frolicking in shallow water.

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't really see the Kommo-o line as Komodo either.

I want a poison Komodo since there's the idea they have like infectious bites.

Lbbaker

May 21, 2018
Gen 9 actually delivered on a lot of animals we haven't seen as Pokémon yet. We got:

Dolphin
Peacock (Yes Quaquaval counts)
Ostrich (Dodrio is like a roadrunner lol)
Stork
Flamingo
Grasshopper
Dung Beetle
Earthworm
Petrel
Aye-aye

Hoping this means Game Freaks takes the fans into consideration when designing and Gen 10 brings more animals we haven't seen yet. My top 5 I'd like to see are

Antelope
Cheetah
Capybara
Turkey
Swordfish

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I think the problem with Paras/Parasect is that the Pokemon being puppeteered isn't an existing pokemon type. It's just some random bug that doesn't even get its own name.

A really effective cordyceps pokemon would be puppeteering an existing pokemon like a Bidoof or a Rattata or a Pikachu.
A cordyceps Pokémon that evolves into a puppeteered version of whatever it's next to in your party, taking that Pokémon's type 1 with grass as type 2.

The possessed Pokémon dies in the process.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
What's wrong with Palafin? :(
This is just my take but Finizen is almost the perfect starting dolphin design. Classic stuff. Simple, ready to be improved and iterated on.

Palafin is a garbage dumpster fire that not only trashes everything that made the preevo charming or elegant, Its just a total eye sore between the awkwardness of it standing on its fins, the goofy gloves and cape, whatever the hell happened to its eyes..

Its like staring into the abyss.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Baboon and Mandrills deserve some love too. You can do so much with a baboon, it can taunt you by spanking it's butt or whatever.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
I don't think a Manatee Pokemon has been done yet. Manatees are dope. I'd love it if it evolved with some pirate motif so they can be the scourge of ships and motorboats in particular, since the latter unfortunately scar real-life Manatees. Let's empower the Manatees, Game Freak!
You get it

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Back the fuck off from Palafin

It's the only good portrayal of Superman that DC fans are ever going to get in video games.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of peacocks, we should have a bird Pokemon whose gimmick is that it's a huge douche. A peacock could work, maybe a Canada goose.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
I'm still waiting for an orca (Kyogre is too stylized for my liking), a Bengal tiger, and a great white shark.

Feb 24, 2018
  • Basking Shark
  • A flying-type Wobbegong (get it? it's a Flying carpet shark!)
  • A Comb jelly
  • Sea Pig
  • More Sea Slugs or Snails
  • Flying-type Scallop
  • Dust Mite or Parasitic Worm
  • Termite
  • Wolf Spider
  • Whip Scorpion
  • More Bats
  • Narwhal
  • An actual Sea Cow that captures what make them so great
  • Any Non-Mammalian Synapsids
  • Marine Iguana
  • A Komodo Dragon
  • Sundew, the carnivorous fiction tends to ignore
  • Non-Mushroom Fungi
  • A phone that evolve into more advanced phones, becoming smaller than bigger
  • A Tripod
  • A Sulfur Giant
  • Spriggan

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
A new dolphin, cause the evolution of the one we got is trash lol

I would like a platypus.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I was reading from the bottom up, as I often do, and upon reading this I thought, "This feels like some weird-ass trivia shit L Thammy would post." Then I saw your avatar and sensiblechuckle.gif.
Ants - the social insects as a whole, really, but I know ants the best - are actually my favourite animal. It's in part because I played a bunch of SimAnt as a kid and in part because as an adult I am increasingly aware that they are the international criminal syndicate of the animal world.

Actually, here's another ant that would make for a good Pokemon concept. Studies have suggested that the Argentine ants are all part of one single colony with multiple nests, which thanks to humanity has extended beyond South America to North America, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australia and consists of nearly a trillion individual ants who are nonetheless closely related and tend to be peaceful and cooperative in their interactions with each other. The closest comparison to the scale of their society is human society. Then you combine that with the theory that ant colonies operate like a single organism...

I don't know what it would actually do, but imagine an individual Pokemon whose gimmick uses connectivity features so that the Pokemon you catch can join with the global supercolony. Maybe introduce it in Pokemon Go?

Ack, how could I forget about these. I must have learned about them in a children's book. I'm vaguely drudging up a memory of visiting a beach (Orlando?) and just imagining that the ocean was a big stonefish hazard, like how other people were afraid of sharks after seeing Jaws.

Kimbou

Jan 22, 2021
I think there's a lot of unexplored territory when it comes to animals which could inspire new Pokemon, but at the spot I can't think of anything as obvious or clamoured for as a dolphin and flamingo, maybe peacock too, which we all (sort of) got this time around.

Capybara and turkey are good ones though, and a narwhal would be dope.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's strange there still isn't a proper crane pokemon. Skarmory has a vague connection to origami cranes in its Japanese name but it's a big stretch. It could have a unique breeding mechanic where it can only match with 1 Pokemon. In general Pokemon's representation of tall birds could use a lot of improvement