timrtabor123

Feb 11, 2019
Is there an Ox Pokemon yet? Closest thing I can think of is Taruos and Buffulant (or however you spell it, gen 5 normal trainer ace in the drayano hacks) which are bulls and buffalo respectively. Could see them doing a Paul Bayuan riff if they ever do another US state inspired region.

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I guess Zorua is inspired by tanuki, but it would be nice to have an actual one. Everyone wants to have a Tom or Nook nicknamed Pokemon!

Zigzagoon is obviously a racoon but then its evolution is more mongoose like?
Interesting story here.

So, I did some research and in Japan some areas refer to tanuki to mean raccoon dog, but in other places it can also refer to a badger. So that seems to be the idea...raccoon dog to badger. So then the western Galar one is a more western-y idea of a raccoon to a badger to a honey badger.

Zoroark is a fox, which in Japan have similar powers. We don't have a mystical tanuki Pokémon though.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
It would have to be a one of a kind Legendary because we all know about the issues French Bulldogs have actually breeding.

But then where do legendaries come from?

600px-209Snubbull.png

Thats just a regular bulldog!

I need a frenchie pokemon whose moveset is just cry and death scream, maybe rest too.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
We're missing lots of interesting Australian/NZ animals still: Tasmanian devil, Tasmanian wolf, wallaby, wombat, cassowary, emu, kiwi bird, platypus, echidna and dingo...

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting story here.

So, I did some research and in Japan some areas refer to tanuki to mean raccoon dog, but in other places it can also refer to a badger. So that seems to be the idea...raccoon dog to badger. So then the western Galar one is a more western-y idea of a raccoon to a badger to a honey badger.

Zoroark is a fox, which in Japan have similar powers. We don't have a mystical tanuki Pokémon though.

Yeah, Zoroark is full-on trickster fox, rather than tanuki.

But then where do legendaries come from?

Arceus gets indigestion sometimes.

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Even more exciting than a hummingbird would be the moth that impersonates hummingbirds.

Though Cutiefly is sort of that a bit.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
an ACTUAL shark mon not a weird half shark like Torpedo or a land shark like Garchomp

give me a big ass shark based on a great white

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Komodo Dragon
Platypus
Housefly
Llama
Hummingbird
Cheetah
Moose
Capybara
Tuna
Opossum

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That is a duck, good sir

I see no beaver tail. It evolves into a bigger duck, and its literally called psy"duck"
Gonna drop some lore.

The eternal data of Gen 1 and what we've learned seems to indicate Psyduck was designed first, and Golduck came far later...alongside Hypno and Golbat separate from their pre evolutions, and Mewtwo.

I strongly believe the Gol in both Golbat and Golduck is a pun on the Golgom from Kamen Rider Black, and the two alongside possibly Hypno or Mewtwo were designed after Black characters. A lot of early Pokémon were inspired by Toku, after all. One of the Golgom big bads was a bat girl, so there's Golbat, and another was a weird blue fanged cat that could fire off beams and had fhe power of the Stone of the Ocean. That became Golduck and they made it evolve from Psyduck.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
A good rhino pokemon that doesn't suck due to its typing.

Also a cool fish Pokemon that evolves. Tired of these one stagers that go nowhere. Pure filler.