• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

san00ake

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I take a "proper" shower every night, shampoo + rinse and everything else (35 mins).
I take an additional "lighter" shower every morning, where I just rinse my hair, wash the "pits", face and brush my teeth (20 mins).
I'd do away with the morning shower entirely if possible, but my hair looks like absolute crap after waking up and it's just refreshing.
Besides, I've been doing this for many years already so I'm used to it.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Dudes here wanna act like they are fucking X-men or something, "I don't sweat at night" my ass.

I don't live anywhere stupid hot (Bad weekend to argue this it was 100 degrees today and felt like 110) and I sleep in good ass air conditioning. My wife however turns into a fucking heater as soon as she falls asleep drives me up the fucking walls.

brochiller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I take a "proper" shower every night, shampoo + rinse and everything else (35 mins).
I take an additional "lighter" shower every morning, where I just rinse my hair, wash the "pits", face and brush my teeth (20 mins).
I'd do away with the morning shower entirely if possible, but my hair looks like absolute crap after waking up and it's just refreshing.

You brush your teeth in the shower?

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Morning showers stopped being a thing for me after my daughter showed up/got bigger. She hobbles into our bed pretty much every night at this point and she clings to me every time. End result of I wake up earlier to prep/take a shower she wakes up 95% of the time. If I try and do my morning routine/include a shower, she will start flipping out and go wake up my wife.

After the first couple of times it just wasn't worth it.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
It's fairly common for some people from what I've discussed at work and between friends, but I don't really like taking a shower the night before, I'd much rather take one in the morning and feel fresh. But if you are able to do that and get 20 more mins of sleep at night, then more power to you.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All these "you sweat in your sleep" people need to get a heckin grip. Unless you're a big boi the amount of sweating you do is minimal and isn't unsanitary. Besides all that life is a dirty business, the moment you walk outside you're bombarded by nasty shit anyway. Just embrace it

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
I have to shower in the morning as a shower is the *only* thing that will fix the absolutely insane bed-head I get after a night's sleep. For those of you whose hair type / style is immune to this curse, consider it a super power.

I do enjoy showering at night because going to bed fresh and clean feels great, but due to aforementioned bed-head problem even if I do, I still have to shower in the morning immediately after waking up.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
All these "you sweat in your sleep" people need to get a heckin grip. Unless you're a big boi the amount of sweating you do is minimal and isn't unsanitary. Besides all that life is a dirty business, the moment you walk outside you're bombarded by nasty shit anyway. Just embrace it

I usually hover around 135 and I don't sweat. I work in a warehouse and shit all day. Regardless of whether not I shower before work is non factor, it's going to go downhill from the moment I go to work anyways.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I work from home and sit at a desk for several hours. I typically shower during my lunch break.

I don't understand how ya'll are sweating at night. Do ya'll not have A/C or do you not turn it down? What temperature are ya'll rocking?

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
I work from home and sit at a desk for several hours. I typically shower during my lunch break.

I don't understand how ya'll are sweating at night. Do ya'll not have A/C or do you not turn it down? What temperature are ya'll rocking?

I want to know the answer to this also please.

Edit: Since I said I wanted the answer. I think we keep it around 70 in here.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I shower at night, I can't imagine sleeping in a days worth of whatever, especially if the gym is visited.

Rockstar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
US
83C66A94FCBE6662146AE09D0558ACED4CE693F2

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Seriously. I have a ceiling fan on to boot. I'm cold at night. I wouldn't sleep at all if it was so warm I was sweating.

Agreed 100%. Ceiling fan is going here full speed at night. I like the air circulation.

Also even though I read the OP I'm just now connecting when he said guys he meant guys. In my head "can you guys" means the same as "can you group of people" maybe I'm weird.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I pretty much have to. My job is filthy, so I shower at night. Showering in the morning just feels good, plus I do sweat at night. A side effect of one of my medications is sweating at night. Sometimes I just heat up like an oven. Also, I've got no AC :-P

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I shower at night only, at least on work days. Feels good to go to bed clean and means I don't have to wake up as early in the morning.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you're doing two showers, the morning one should probably be quick and soapless. This will prevent you from throwing your skin and hair into oily messes.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
If you're doing two showers, the morning one should probably be quick and soapless. This will prevent you from throwing your skin and hair into oily messes.
Washing all you oil off your skin all the time makes your body over compensate and produce more of it or something? I put a question mark there cause I feel like I'm talking out of my ass but thats something I've been telling myself for years lol.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I have to shower in the morning as a shower is the *only* thing that will fix the absolutely insane bed-head I get after a night's sleep. For those of you whose hair type / style is immune to this curse, consider it a super power.

I disagree. My hair is immune to this because my hair is thinning out, and wasn't really that thick in the first place. The only styling I could ever do that didn't involve using glue was just let it go straight down.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
I've never really understood the "shower at night" thing. Like, I'm going to be sleeping for the next 8 hours. Who cares what I smell like while in bed. I wake up and shower before real people see me. Also, if I shower at night when I wake up my hair is all crazy and have to dunk my head in water anyway.

So you'd be perfectly fine going to workout and hopping straight into bed like it's nothing?

yikes

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut

Although I won't blame you if you sweat a lot at night, but I blast my AC and my heat is set to 60 in the winter...I only take a bath in morning if I didn't take one the night before...

Sometimes in the Winter I'll leave my bedroom window cracked so my alarm clock is when I wake and am freeezing. I love it.

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
I disagree. My hair is immune to this because my hair is thinning out, and wasn't really that thick in the first place. The only styling I could ever do that didn't involve using glue was just let it go straight down.

Heh yeah I guess I shouldn't complain. Though I once had an ex tell me that whatever attraction she felt for me was the polar opposite when she saw me in the morning w/ my bed head so I always felt the need to shower the moment I woke up.

We're no longer dating for other reasons, but that comment always stuck with me.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
*Takes deep breath*

Ok I'm going to hope everyone claiming they get filthy while they sleep doesn't have a/c, because otherwise I'm at a loss

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah, I can't start a day without a shower. I dunno how others do it, including my wife and kids.
They generally shower/bath at night before bed, while I shower in the morning as soon as I wake up.

Even if I do shower the night before, I will still take another one in the morning.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
Night shower for me. I can't shower at mornings, it feels, odd for me.

But I have a friend who showers 4 times a day. Even his girlfriend and another friend, who i lived with for a year, found strange that he showered 4 times a day. She showered at night, my other friend in the mornings.

takriel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know, people sweat during the night. A shower in the morning is needed.

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
there are literal studies showing ppl dont sweat the same but also in this thread we have ppl telling others you stink if you dont shower immediately.

EDIT: ppl Im sorry if you constantly sweat and stink up the place in a matter of hours it doesnt happen to everyone (note in other parts of the world) .

Last edited:

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
In Toronto I never feel it needed, but Japan during the summer yes and definitely in Malaysia I'd wake up needing a shower every time.

So answer depends on climate (and yes, by person)

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all waking up smelling "filthy" have a lot more to be worrying about than a shower. Wash ya damn sheets and put on some deodorant. If you live in a warmer climate and don't have the A/C & ceiling fan combo going all through the night, scrub them pits in the AM ASAP.

san00ake

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I do this at night too. Brushing my teeth in the sink seems like a chore and it seems like it takes forever but if I do it in the shower I just leisurely go at it. I also cut my nails in the shower too. Its fine.
Yes, it might feel a little weird at first but it's a huge time saver.
If you do it at night too (provided you already had dinner) the only thing you have to do after showering is get straight into bed.

takriel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all waking up smelling "filthy" have a lot more to be worrying about than a shower. Wash ya damn sheets and put on some deodorant. If you live in a warmer climate and don't have the A/C & ceiling fan combo going all through the night, scrub them pits in the AM ASAP.
Tell that to the heat wave.

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
People in this thread assuming everyone can afford AC.

It gets hot during the summer, so I'll usually sweat a bit, even with a huge ass fan on, so I like to take a shower in the morning to feel fresh.

Also... putting on deoderant before you go to bed? People do that?

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What are you doing in the shower for so long? How long is your hair?
Sure, why not?
I do this at night too. Brushing my teeth in the sink seems like a chore and it seems like it takes forever but if I do it in the shower I just leisurely go at it. I also cut my nails in the shower too. Its fine.
Pee while you're brushing your teeth. Save time there!

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
*Takes deep breath*

Ok I'm going to hope everyone claiming they get filthy while they sleep doesn't have a/c, because otherwise I'm at a loss

Or well like normal human beings that also don't have an AC at all...we sweat a bit at night which makes us oily (which is why I shower in the morning and not at night). Which is the gross feeling so many people in here talk about.

People in this thread assuming everyone can afford AC.

It gets hot during the summer, so I'll usually sweat a bit, even with a huge ass fan on, so I like to take a shower in the morning to feel fresh.

Also... putting on deoderant before you go to bed? People do that?

Read your deo description, it's correct: https://www.byrdie.com/when-to-apply-deodorant

We also had a thread here that people use deo wrong

Oct 30, 2017
I've never really understood the "shower at night" thing. Like, I'm going to be sleeping for the next 8 hours. Who cares what I smell like while in bed. I wake up and shower before real people see me. Also, if I shower at night when I wake up my hair is all crazy and have to dunk my head in water anyway.

Your bed cares. And your sheets. And your pillow.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I am going out to work, then I'll shower. Partly for sweat, partly to get myself moving.

If I'm working at home or it's the weekend. I tend to shower in the evening.

Riveting stuff.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
When I moved in with my SO, who is a night-showerer, she took issue with me getting in to our bed at night without having showered. Her night time ritual was very cleansing and it was hard for her to see me just strip off my horrible clothes and slither my grotesque day-polluted figure in her beautiful clean bed. I switched my routine to evening and found it quite nice to take a shower at the end of the day.

However, I still take a shower in the morning. I just... need to. I have to at least wet my hair which is unmanageable otherwise. I could drop the night shower at any point but if you put a gun to my head and said stop showering in the morning I'd tell you to pull the trigger because you'll never get me.