• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
i shower every morning. i just feel absolute disgusting when i wake up.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Shower in the morning...I mean I cannot have a proper day without it. Since having kids and meaning at weekends I can't wake up and immediately shower as they need feeding etc it spoils my whole day. I hate throwing clothes on without showering...

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always shower before bed, that's enough. No time for that in the morning, I'll take some extra sleep every time.

Deleted member 41502

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
So you'd be perfectly fine going to workout and hopping straight into bed like it's nothing?

yikes
I take a shower at the gym after I workout. Cause I'm going to work after. We wash our sheets every week, but I'm not super worried about sleeping in something sweaty. If it smells, I'll change the sheets. Otherwise.... its just sweat. In my bed.

We probably get more sweat in the bed when we screw than I'd have on myself at bedtime on a normal night. We don't change the sheets every time we do it.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
I switch between both honestly. During the summer I'm more likely to take a shower in the morning before work but in the winter I take a shower at night right before bed.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Lol feels like progress to get Era folks to shower once a day so lets not push it! My SO showers at night and the morning. But doesnt wash her hair daily.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
This guy gets it.

Can't go to bed without it, can't go to work without it.
While I can understand showering twice a day if you have a particularly dirty job or other kind of day activity that requires an extra shower. But it seems like a huge waste of water to shower both in the morning and at night.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
I am unable to leave the house during these nasty summers.

Shower before bed, sweat throughout the night.
Wake up and shower again.
Walk out front door, get hit with the heat, sweat.
Go back inside and shower.

It's the only way. Can't go to work with sweat on your body.

Fumpster

Nov 4, 2017
I personally sweat a whole lot during sleep and my hair gets a lot of natural oils, so when I wake up I feel nasty unless I shower before doing anything. It also wakes me up a lot more too. I don't like the idea of getting up the next day with 8ish hours worth of stuff on me already.

Mar 3, 2018
I cannot function through the day without a morning shower. It just makes me feels so fucking refreshed as rejuvenated in the morning.

Deleted member 10273

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Depends, it's the norm in Japan for example. I'm like you though, I shower in the evening and still feel dirty in the morning, especially during summer, so I always take a quick shower in the morning too.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
While I can understand showering twice a day if you have a particularly dirty job or other kind of day activity that requires an extra shower. But it seems like a huge waste of water to shower both in the morning and at night.

Not really, since the morning one is just a quick rinse that is supposed to reset my messy hair, awake my muscles, refresh my skin (tightening pores) etc. It's not intense scrubing and I'm sure I use overall less water than most.

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
I shower every other day and my skin has never been healthier
As Fresh Water Grows Scarcer, Era members argue that they must take a shower at night before bed AND in the morning.
If you're doing two showers, the morning one should probably be quick and soapless. This will prevent you from throwing your skin and hair into oily messes.
These people get it. Americans, in particular it seems, shower too frequently. (I say that as an American.) Throws your whole skin and hair biome out of whack, and is terrible for the environment, besides.

Deleted member 17630

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely not. My day hasn't started until I've showered. I'll rinse off again at night if I sweat at all that day and here in Texas it's a regular occurrence in the summer so now I'm taking usually 2 a day.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
If I shower at night, quick rinse in the morning. On rare occasions, I'll just get dressed and head to work.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
I shower every night and morning. Morning showers feel good and leave me feeling fresh.

Morning shower is shorter than the night shower as it should be.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
It's impossible for me to control my hair without a shower and a blowdry, so I pretty much have to shower every morning if I want to look like a semi-respectable human being.

This here.
I HAVE to shower in the morning even if I rinsed the night before otherwise I can't do crap with my hair.
Even if I shower the night before and not in the morning I won't feel clean during the day.
Showering in the morning also helps me feel more awake vs showering the night before.

Nov 26, 2018
I couldn't do evening showers, and I'm a lady. I have to shower in the morning, and if I'm extra gross from my day I'll rinse off or something.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Occasionally. I always shower after the gym around 7:30pm and the other day I just stayed home, went to bed which was laundered that same night, A/C was blasting so I didn't sweat overnight and in the morning I woke up late so I just washed my hair instead of going all in. If I had woken up sweaty or hadn't showered the night before I would have taken a full one but in this kind of scenario I don't think it's a big deal at all unless you're weird and magically get dirty/smelly from sleeping or sleep in a dirty ass bed.

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
At least one shower per day is expected, more may be needed depending on level of physical activity, manual or outside work, sexual activity, bathroom visits, dates/evening activities, weather, temperature or your bedroom when sleeping, personal level of sweatiness, etc.

Be an adult, make the decision to shower every 2 hours regardless, or be disgusting and live with the shame.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Need the morning shower as I sleep hot. I'd have to rinse my hair in the morning as well as it is completely unmanageable and mangled after even after a short nap.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
My wife usually doesn't shower in the morning, but I have to. I just feel wrong, every part of me if I don't shower. There are even nights where I shower very late, like midnight or 1am, and then get up for work at 5am or 6am and I still have to shower.

WHen our baby was very young there were a couple days I didn't shower because she was losing it in the morning (I do mornings with her) and I just felt so off all day.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The few times I managed to wake up early enough without feeling utterly spiteful of the world for waking up early to have a morning shower I liked it, but since I tend to wake up late and don't have much time to take care of myself or even just stop feeling woozy in the mornings, I'm usually an evening shower guy

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
When I was going into the office everyday, I showered twice a day. Once in the morning and once at night. Now that I work from home, I take a quick 10 minute shower as one of my breaks and it is the greatest thing ever. It just picks me right up and I'm ready to get right back into work.

Everyone should be able to enjoy showers in the middle of their work days!

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I very rarely take showers in the morning. Just the night before. Sometimes I don't even do that, especially because I don't like my job very much.

My girlfriend on the other hand typically does shower in the morning. So yeah this thread is backwards to me.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
i shower every morning. i just feel absolute disgusting when i wake up.
I feel the same way. Shower er'ry day.

And as someone with an acute sense of smell I can tell you more people probably should shower every morning than actually do, but I also recognize most people can't smell what I smell so I just keep my thoughts private.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
I truly believe that night showerers are filthy and they don't realize it.

Your body does stuff while you sleep and it would behoove one to wash up after your hair and skin has become more sweaty/greasy due to sleep.

Morning showers is the only true answer.

gaiages

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
If you sweat through the night, yeah, it's probably best to shower in the morning. If not there shouldn't be an issue with showering at night

Wash your sheets regularly either way

This.... isn't rocket science