ezrarh

Oct 27, 2017
That's good. Maybe we gotta stop listening to the so called smart guys in the room after all.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Op, using a random trump dude on twitter. This is not what the report says

https://www.ft.com/content/871bce30-4dd6-11e8-8a8e-22951a2d8493

1) Its not at "Trumps request"
2) They're still in NK, and in being "given health treatment and ideological education in Pyongyang"
3) This isn't confirmed its a SK NGO who's literally quote is "We believe that Mr Trump can take them back on the day of the US-North Korea summit or he can send an envoy to take them back to the US before the summit,"

They'll likely be released but just reporting this incredulously is bad and the OP and title should reflect reality

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
trumpnobel4vrac.jpg

Needs to happen. People will lose their minds.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Jesus Op, using a random trump dude on twitter. This is not what the report says

2) They're still in NK, and in being "given health treatment and ideological education in Pyongyang"
3) This isn't confirmed its a SK NGO who's literally quote is "We believe that Mr Trump can take them back on the day of the US-North Korea summit or he can send an envoy to take them back to the US before the summit,"

They'll likely be released but just reporting this incredulously is bad and the OP and title should reflect reality
welp lol

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018

Sanity restored to the planet.

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
Actually, reading the article there's lots of "allegedlies" and "secretlies" being thrown around that makes me question if we actually know that Trump or his staff had anything to do with this.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
He isn't shook, he got his nukes after all these years and is using his ultimate bargaining chip because he knows Trump is his only chance at getting the US of his back while allowing him to keep running his despotic regime.

Kim can't afford to wait for the next prsident, because it could be someone who wants something more than good press at the expense of the NK people.

These detainees were political pawns from the start, this isn't some kind of grand humane gesture or somethign made to "appease Trump".

I agree with you 100%. Their families will be happy, so thats a pretty good deal. One of NK's dreams was to be taken seriously by the western world, correct? It's spun as them being feared by the world over there. So that is definitely a concession, but politics are hard.

We are in stupid world though now. The fact is that this will be seen as a major political win for Trump. Lets see how much Kim wants to play this game, as I'm sure trump will push for something to be done about human rights..

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Then why?

http://thehill.com/policy/internati...ea-preparing-to-release-us-detainees-activist
U.S. officials have been pushing the detainees' release as recently as newly appointed Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's visit to North Korea early last month.

Trump confirmed that the U.S. was working for their release last month.
"We have been talking about them. We are negotiating now," the president said.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Actually, reading the article there's lots of "allegedlies" and "secretlies" being thrown around that makes me question if we actually know that Trump or his staff had anything to do with this.

"As everybody is aware, the past Administration has long been asking for three hostages to be released from a North Korean Labor camp, but to no avail. Stay tuned!" Trump said in a Twitter post late on Wednesday.

The dipshit actually said stay tuned...

for fucks sake.

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
If they released them at his request and it is in the interest of advancing the peace process then Trump deserves credit for something that is actually good. Even if you polish a turd though it's still a turd.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a victory when the average North Korean is free to visit other countries and to come and go as they please.

Jazar

Oct 25, 2017
South Florida

Yeah the title struck me as mightily suspect. I mean there's been a some great news coming out of NK but I haven't heard exactly how Trump has been a controlling factor unless him bring crazy is enough to give all national leaders pause.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Good will gesture. At "Trump's request" is loaded and ignores past overtures the North Koreans have mad ahead of summits.

The dipshit actually said stay tuned...

for fucks sake.
Trump's post is so fucking infuriating. These men were arrested DURING TRUMPS TERM, there's no way another administration could have gotten them out. They weren't detained! And Obama got multiple detainees out.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
You think the US brokering a peace deal with NK wouldn't have had some kind of prisoner exchange if it weren't for Trump? lol
I think current leadership of each country would be making certain demands and those demands being met would obviously be credit to said leadership. In addition, there is no "peace deal" yet, they are being released ahead of talks.

Good will gesture. At "Trump's request" is loaded and ignores past overtures the North Koreans have mad ahead of summits.
Which past overtures? And if there is a variety of things that could have been done, yet they chose this in particular because of a request, then that phrasing seems fine.

zychi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
Kim is shook. What the hell happened over there?
A few stories, choose which ya believe.

Conspiracy: Kim was actually on the US side the entire time and only made the news when he needed to help cover a different headline

Trump's relationship with Putin soured, and this is Putin's way to get back in Trump's good graces, by effectively cutting off NK from Russia's resources, which led to Kim giving up

NK's nuclear site went down(reason unknown still) and they dont have the area to rebuild

greyshark

Oct 27, 2017
St. Louis
I wish people would stop thread shitting with mention of the peace prize. This development is wonderful news for the families of the detainees and I hope their releases are secured during the upcoming summit.

diablos991

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fantastic news.
Whatever strategy is being employed over there is working. I haven't seen this kind of progress with NK before.

All parties involved deserve praise for making these steps towards peace.

I wish people would stop thread shitting with mention of the peace prize. This development is wonderful news for the families of the detainees and I hope their releases are secured during the upcoming summit.

How is it thread shifting? Great acts that move humanity towards peace deserve prizes.

Oct 25, 2017
A few stories, choose which ya believe.

Conspiracy: Kim was actually on the US side the entire time and only made the news when he needed to help cover a different headline

Trump's relationship with Putin soured, and this is Putin's way to get back in Trump's good graces, by effectively cutting off NK from Russia's resources, which led to Kim giving up

NK's nuclear site went down(reason unknown still) and they dont have the area to rebuild

Wait, so the north Koreans cutting trees in Siberia were sent home?

mashoutposse

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If they released them at his request and it is in the interest of advancing the peace process then Trump deserves credit for something that is actually good. Even if you polish a turd though it's still a turd.

We know his track record. We have a good sense of his judgment. I think it is fair to automatically question anything Trump does that seems 'right' on its face.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Good. Hope North Korea keeps on this path and ends a good chunk of their bullshit. Trump can have the nobel peace prize, doesn't mean shit given what all he does and continues to do domestically.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.

Is there another source not behind a paywall?

If the original story is true regardless, then I'll gladly give Trump credit, much as it pains me.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

I demand Senator Toadstool resign