• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a really promising step. I didn't even know we had US citizens detained in NK at the time.

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
O9wpk.gif

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
Jeez, now I really wonder what changed Kim's tune. Didn't expect this at all but I'm glad

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I think Kim has decided he needs to modernize North Korea with some moderate changes to survive, but the eagerness to appease Trump is suspicious. Like Putin and Trump are coercing Kim level of suspicion.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Kim is shook. What the hell happened over there?

He isn't shook, he got his nukes after all these years and is using his ultimate bargaining chip because he knows Trump is his only chance at getting the US of his back while allowing him to keep running his despotic regime.

Kim can't afford to wait for the next prsident, because it could be someone who wants something more than good press at the expense of the NK people.

I think Kim has decided he needs to modernize North Korea with some moderate changes to survive, but the eagerness to appease Trump is suspicious. Like Putin and Trump are coercing Kim level of suspicion.

These detainees were political pawns from the start, this isn't some kind of grand humane gesture or somethign made to "appease Trump".

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump is 100% getting re-elected

This wil be seen as a huge for him and his administration no doubt. 2 years is a long time though, particularly in politics. after just how sure people were that he was going to lose in the primaries/election it feels a bit daft to go 100 percent the other way.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
OK, not how about all the rest, like the Japanese ones.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder what China thinks of all this. Assuming they don't blockade everything, a more open North Korea might mean some kind of refugee flood northwards.

Maybe this is Trump's plan :think: (I know it isn't)

jchap

Oct 27, 2017
He isn't shook, he got his nukes after all these years and is using his ultimate bargaining chip because he knows Trump is his only chance at getting the US of his back while allowing him to keep running his despotic regime.

Kim can't afford to wait for the next prsident, because it could be someone who wants something more than good press at the expense of the NK people.

These detainees were political pawns from the start, this isn't some kind of grand humane gesture or somethign made to "appease Trump".

It's amazing how people can twist the developments in Korea as negative.

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I'm surprised Un did that without getting something for it, like someone in the thread said, they were being used as political bargaining chips

This is a pretty big deal