• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
No she will buy it once and play it in one of the two versions.
The problem is that a single purchase doesn't apply the DLC on both versions, when it should. There's no logical reason (besides money) a person who has both versions has to buy the DLC for each version, spending $60 instead of $30. And that is a problem besides this supposed "no refund policy" that we have yet to see full confirmation about.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are people just ignoring the super dodgy source here? Could a mod put a note or something?
A mod already pointed out that it's a banned source but the info matches Nintendo's TOS.

People in this thread have said it's not true and Nintendo has reverted purchases in the past though, so I think the only option is to report the OP (I already did but nothing's happened) so it gets at least a factcheck clarification added.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty shitty if true, but is there another source than NintendoSoup which is a banned source here? If this is true, yeah, Nintendo should definitely offer refunds.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Not really the same deal here, but I remember Nintendo offering refunds if people bought the wrong language version of Pokemon RBY (and I even handled some of those myself). I guess they expect people to read everything over, but it'd be weird of them to just not offer a refund.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I get it that they do different dlc for different games, but they should only allow dlc to be bought if you own the game

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
I get it that they do different dlc for different games, but they should only allow dlc to be bought if you own the game
I was thinking the same thing but I imagine there is some difficulty in detecting which you own if its not digital. even then, still inexcusable that they didn't figure SOMETHING out given the amount of money this series rakes in lol

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
what if you want to buy dlc for a physical game that you've ordered but hasn't arrived yet? or a DLC is on sale and you want to get it but don't plan on getting the game until later? almost every store allows you to get dlc for games you don't have.

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad support will help you out but that they have to at all is still extremely dumb. Just have one version of the dlc, or if it *has* to be two versions then sell them both in a mandatory bundle for the same price so you always get the one you actually need.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad support will help you out but that they have to at all is still extremely dumb. Just have one version of the dlc, or if it *has* to be two versions then sell them both in a mandatory bundle for the same price so you always get the one you actually need.

Gamefreak Knows there will be people buying both.Its their shitty practice that caused this.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
How very Nintendo of them to do this. I seriously hope this ends up becoming yet another class action lawsuit on their hands.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
why do they even allow you to download the dlc for a game you don't own. fucking nintendo get your shit together.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Whoaaa hold up. There were 2 DLCs announced. Are they not both for "both" versions of the game?
Seriously this game is getting 2 DLCs with each one only working specifically for their version of the game?
So in essence, Pokemon SwSh is receiving only 1 DLC, assuming you only bought 1 version of the game?

I'm glad I know this now. I was thinking about buying both of them on the Eshop soon and would have never looked or probably seen that each one is only for a specific version of the game. Not cool. Give us 2 DLCs that work with all versions?!

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
I really can't see myself buying any more Pokemon games until something substantively changes with the way they do business at this point. It's one thing after another

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
How very Nintendo of them to do this. I seriously hope this ends up being another class action lawsuit on their hands.
A class action lawsuit? Why? Cause you have to contact customer service if you made the wrong purchase?

So does this mean they will offer refunds? That tweet doesn't really say.
Why would they tell you to contact customer service otherwise? To laugh at you for the wrong purchase?

Last edited:

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
Super scummy. Also why not just make one universal DLC "key" that unlocks whatever content is in your version?

Edit: OK apparently not scummy? What a weird thread

Cubo

May 14, 2018
A class action lawsuit? Why? Cause you have to contact customer service if you made the wrong purchase?

Are you being obtuse? Why would they tell you to contact customer service otherwise? To laugh at you for the wrong purchase?

Lol. Watch the mods still not changing the title because Nintendo didn't state they would refund/change the licence, so we are still dogpiling because of the T&C.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
This is very stupid by Nintendo. If you don't what to refund then at least swap their purchase for the correct one. A refund system is already due tbh.

Edit: they are refunding. OP update the title pls.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Whoaaa hold up. There were 2 DLCs announced. Are they not both for "both" versions of the game?
Seriously this game is getting 2 DLCs with each one only working specifically for their version of the game?
So in essence, Pokemon SwSh is receiving only 1 DLC, assuming you only bought 1 version of the game?

I'm glad I know this now. I was thinking about buying both of them on the Eshop soon and would have never looked or probably seen that each one is only for a specific version of the game. Not cool. Give us 2 DLCs that work with all versions?!

No, each version of the game (Sword and Shield) are each getting the same 2 DLCs.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That makes sense. Too bad they couldn't just have one dlc that works with both games, but I don't know the technicality behind it.
the way eshop and switch games are set up, i don't think they can do that unless they change some stuff on the backend (unless they do what another poster said, give you one for free if you have the other). right now any DLC will work with only a single game, as their tied to the specific game code of the game they're meant for. in some cases, DLC from a different region won't work with the same game from another region cuz the game code isn't the same. since sword and shield are obviously have different codes, the same dlc won't work with both.

that is if we assume they wanted to do that. they obviously want people who play both versions (a small minority) to buy the dlc twice).

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That is exactly what they are doing, the op was speculation from a banned source.
it was taking a japanese tweet saying be careful what version you buy and then concluding that they're not giving refunds. a good reminder why nintendo soup is a banned source.

So this was a bunch of outrage over... nothing?
yeah, and a lot of it from people who don't play pokemon or switch games in general

data

Oct 25, 2017
Not the first or last time dodgy sources continue to be a source of drive-by posts.

Was it ever verified?

Status
Not open for further replies.