Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, just checked.

A Nindies showcase is almost ALWAYS followed by a "real" Nintendo Direct.

September Direct (might be) incoming folks.

jakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Morphies Law continues to look dumb as hell in all the best ways. I really want to pick that up but I'm worried about kind of the stealth drop--has anyone had hands on impressions with this game?

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
That was a good showing

A couple of things I am in for, Children of Morta looked like it was my cup of tea as well.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They very likely wouldn't have two Nindies Showcases a month or less apart. Especially if they go over most of the same games. It's a waste of resources. They could but I don't think it's likely.

If anything it would be a regular Direct with a small section on Nindies.

"Nindies" is an NoA thing. There's been a Nindies showcase for the past two years at PAX West and there's no reason to believe there won't be another one this year. Especially since the majority of games at this presentation were already announced, either for Switch or other platforms. NoA's Nindies showcases tend to reveal many previously unknown games.

Edit - and Damon Baker's tweet essentially confirms it.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
They are teasing it hard.

Wargroove, Undertale and Travis are general Direct worthy (Towerfall too?). Expecting something this week would make sense.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Reason why it's priced at $25 pounds, is because there are 2 expansion packs bundled together, with 1 extra DLC "Escape Mode" coming soon after (probably separate purchase). The PC game, when it was out, was launched at $30 USD, but I don't know the price for UK pounds.
Sure, I get why it's priced that much. But as a game I've already sunk dozens of hours into on the PC I can't really justify re-buying it at full price on Switch again (that said, it's pay day next week and it's entirely possible I'll break and just buy it anyway!)

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom (November 6), This War of Mine (November), Everspace (December), Slay the Spire (2019), Windjammers 1 and 2 (october and 2019 respectively), Terraria (2019), Prison Architect + Morphies Law today.

Are the biggest games I think, there's more like Streets of Rogue, Gardens Between, Children of Morta and some more.
K, ty

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Sure, I get why it's priced that much. But as a game I've already sunk dozens of hours into on the PC I can't really justify re-buying it at full price on Switch again (that said, it's pay day next week and it's entirely possible I'll break and just buy it anyway!)
Don't worry, I've also have PC edition, but I have never seen insanity ward DLC on PC though. I've also never seen the PC edition's Escape Mode to be fleshed out like the one shown in the Nindies video.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
- Gardens Between looks very interesting: it's like Captain Toad but with a more realistic art style and maybe co-op?
- Prison Architect is very cool, though a bit pricey.
- I've heard good things about Windjammers so i could try it.

First impressions: it's cool that they made a direct for us Europeans with a british commentator, i like this format, but no words on exclusivity for all these indies (is it no longer a thing?), and no words on the big indies previously announced like Shovel Knight or Travis Strikes Again.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
So, a few islands into Bad North now and it seems pretty fun. It's pretty simplistic but ramps up in difficulty nicely.

It kinda makes me want to play other simple/randomised tactics games like Rymdkapsel again.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
So many games in this presentation I want to buy, great stuff

Streets of Rogue looks like a ton of fun and Night Call looked really interesting.

Oct 29, 2017
The tease in the end is for PAX. There will be a Nindie Presentation I think.
Don't read this as a tease for a Gamescom Nintendo Direct. They said "we'll continue to deliver new information on all sorts of independent titles coming to Nintendo Switch in the future, in fact, stay tuned for even more info coming soon", it's not a general Direct tease imo.

I'd think it's more likely a tease for Gamescom. It starts tomorrow and there will surely be plenty of new announcements and trailers throughout.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Quite a few interesting titles but I can't believe they're releasing Terraria in 2019 (not like I'm going to buy it again, is too much time investment).

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Man that sucks, thank you D:
If they rebalance things with patches I think it would be a very strong choice to pick up. The graphics are wonderful, the music is great, the gameplay is fun, and the shopkeeping is a nice break from the action. But until then, yeah, it's a pass or maybe a purchase at $10.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
Is any of else sick of rouguelikes and random/procedurally generated content?

I'm sure it makes the production of the game easier, but damn I'll take a shorter game with some intentional design any day.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Most of the games here are from European devs. There's likely an US showcase soon.

Ding ding ding, let's see what pops up at 10am EST...my money is on a North American showcase.

This video was also narrated by a lady with a European accent, and I don't believe Nintendo has done region-specific voiceover before on a video like this (may be wrong).

Luchashaq

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
It's hysterical how their E3 showing was a dumpster fire but this had like 6 games I'm now excited for.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Monster Boy
Morphies Law
Moonlighter
Slay the Spire
Prison Architect
Terraria

A large number of games there that I'm interested in. Switch really has become the indie game platform of choice for me.

Shawndroid

May 24, 2018
Canada
At the end they mention that 'Even more info coming soon' soooo, a direct is coming?

just realised NoE is not pushing the 'Nindie' title lol

I think they said that indie stuff was coming soon. They probably meant their coverage of the convention going on in Europe. Not another Indie video from Nintendo, and not a general Direct.

Keen to see how prison architect controls on Switch

Yeah. I hadn't heard of this game. Sounds kind of neat. I do like simulation games, but I can only play one every few years. The bland 8-bit graphics kind of put me off this one. But having just finished Orange is the New Black, being interested in trying those Escapist games and liking sims, I'm tempted.

But I'm waiting to see how Rollercoaster Tycoon Adventures (Switch exclusive) reviews. It looks like it's slightly simplified RCT game, with upgraded graphics from the strong Rollercoaster Tycoon Touch game. I dislike free to play mechanics of tapping to collect money and that nonsense. I enjoyed Sim Theme Park and am hoping for a fun time with this game.

Bad North!

I've been waiting for this game since it was on a Nindies Direct way back when. Early this year? I forget when I first saw it.

Bad North looks intriguing.

This Bad North viking strategy/roguelike game looks interesting. Hopefully it'll also be available in NA today.

Bad North now available

Aww yiss, Bad North is out now!

Wow! It stills says coming, but it says buy now! But I just started Masters of Anima (Pikmin-like troop management and puzzle game). So I will have to wait it out a bit.

Bad North looks awesome.

Omg, I didn't know Bad North was coming to Switch!

I'm so excited to see other people as excited as me for this game. I've been following the scant details of it since a Nindies Direct way back when. I didn't know people didn't know it was coming to the Switch.

Bad North is the Discord sponsored game, for context.

What context should I get from that? Is that good? Bad?