• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2020
Only rumor we have that it's made by EPD, it's a 2D platformer and it's different from Country series. Could be something like Jungle Climber series or even a sequel to Jungle Beat. Not being another Country game is both interesting and disappointing, it could be something better or... could be Jungle Beat 2.

This fall should have 3 different 2D platformers from Nintendo: Metroid 5, DK and Kirby. Sounds like overkill but Nintendo loves 2D as much as we love 3D platformers.

If those three platformers are ready then Kirby will almost certainly be kept for Q1 next year.

ekurisona

Jan 10, 2018
can anyone link me to the news about metroid5 (2d)? this is the first i'm hearing about it. thx

SirShorse

Jul 16, 2020
If BOTW2 is a no show at E3, I'm not really concerned about the absolute hellfire that will be unleashed upon this forum, but moreso concerned about the people behind the social media accounts that are gonna face some serious harrasment probably..

ekurisona

Jan 10, 2018
any news on if nintendo is working on any AR stuff?

edit: removed 'for switch' for clarity

Last edited:

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
If those three platformers are ready then Kirby will almost certainly be kept for Q1 next year.

Will it? It's been an annual franchise since 2010 (skipping 2013), will they break the streak that's been going on since 2014? I'd say no, big or small there definitely will be a Kirby game this year. In 2D. 2022 will have its own Kirby game.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
From what I can tell not many people really suddenly believe that BotW 2 will miss E3. I'm not sure where the "wait why do we believe it's missing E3" sentiment comes from, seems like it was manufactured tbh.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know Nate having concrete info that BoTW2 is hitting 2022 would explain why he's so confident about that and the Pro not making this year
Tbf he also seemed pretty confident we wouldn't get a Direct until the summer. I'm really just hoping his confidence is misplaced. Both the pro and Zelda not making it this year would be super disapppointing.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Breath of the Wild 2 will be at E3, Nintendo not showing it over 2 years would be shocking and unlike them when it comes to Zelda, this ain't Metroid.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
ah ok, thx just wondering if there'd been any info...i haven't been as immersed in the speculation and rumor bath as past generations...AR seems like a great fit to me...

Actually now that I think about it there was a rumor I think last year saying it would have "increased interactivity" or something to that effect. Nothing specific about AR though.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
If BotW2 isn't at E3, I think Nintendo will announce its absence beforehand.

Yeah, I definitely agree here.

Actually if it is there I think there's a good chance they confirm that ahead of time too. Something like "featuring upcoming Switch games for H2 2021 and beyond including a new look at the sequel to the Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild."

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Actually if it is there I think there's a good chance they confirm that ahead of time too. Something like "featuring upcoming Switch games for H2 2021 and beyond including a new look at the sequel to the Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild."
Definitely. It's one of their two biggest announced upcoming titles (Pokemon Legends being the other) and they'll mention it when they detail their E3 plans, whether it's a part of the event or not.

carlosfilho

Feb 3, 2021
I think the reasoning is as follows

nate says switch pro is 2022 -> zelda must be 2022 -> why would nintendo show a game a year or more before it's done -> no zelda at e3

That's basically it. I think it's much more likely that BOTW2 does appear at E3, but if it doesn't, that will probably be the reason. It's still the perfect time for a BOTW2 re-reveal, though. There's never been so much time between the announcement of a new Zelda and the subsequent release of info regarding it. Two years is a lot.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
BotW 2 and Switch Pro aren't real. Nintendo spread false rumors and made that trailer to convince us they're real so that we tune into every Direct. That way they can guarantee we will watch all the trailers for their other games in hopes of seeing something new about BotW 2.

They're just dumb make believe carrots hanging over our heads!

Castform

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Florida, United States
BotW 2 and Switch Pro aren't real. Nintendo spread false rumors and made that trailer to convince us they're real so that we tune into every Direct. That way they can guarantee we will watch all the trailers for their other games in hopes of seeing something new about BotW 2.

They're just dumb make believe carrots hanging over our heads!
Do we even know that the BOTW2 trailer is real? Could've been faked for all we know.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
There's never been so much time between the announcement of a new Zelda and the subsequent release of info regarding it. Two years is a lot.

I wonder what has been the longest time between announcement trailer and next update on a game Nintendo has done?

Metroid Prime 4 (not counting that developer update vid)?

DoctorDave

Nov 6, 2019
Nothing's official yet of course, but journalists and insiders seem to think BotW2 is coming out between H2 2021 and March 2022. Unless Nintendo completely rethinks the importance of E3, I can't believe they wouldn't showcase such an important game there.

Times are changing though and nothing's been the same since last year... If it does come to this and they're not bringing it to E3, I get a feeling they're going to say something really soon, maybe this week on May 6th during their investors briefing.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I love this thread/community, but we've been talking in circles for months now. We've had this Zelda/Switch Pro panic debate like 400 times. Literally the same cycle again and again.

We need Thursday to get here so we can have something new to talk about. And then surely E3 will give us a beautiful, bright new direction (or dark and dismal one, but let's be optimistic).

Suswave

Aug 11, 2020
I love this thread/community, but we've been talking in circles for months now. We've had this Zelda/Switch Pro panic debate like 400 times. Literally the same cycle again and again.

We need Thursday to get here so we can have something new to talk about. And then surely E3 will give us a beautiful, bright new direction (or dark and dismal one, but let's be optimistic).
I will be shocked if people aren't disappointed. Not because I expect E3 will be bad, but like... this thread thrives on disappointment.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
🎵Will it go 'round in circles?
Will it fly high like a bird up in the sky?🎵

Yes, it being the community conversation will go 'round in circles, but it's fun regardless! But I get your point indeed! ha

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda sad that season 1 of Invincible ended on Friday.

It was always nice to anticipate an episode every week.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019

I think so too. But really, even if BOTW2 is slated for March 2022, there's like a 99% chance it'll still be at E3. Nintendo ALWAYS shows Zelda at an E3, and this is the only one they're going to have the chance to do so unless it's later in 2022. Granted this E3 is different and they may change things since it's not in-person, but I still believe it's going to be there.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Lttp

1. Breath of the Wild
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Fire Emblem Three Houses
4. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
5. Final Fantasy XII ZA

And many others