Status
Not open for further replies.

Altered

Oct 25, 2017
all I need is 3d world, but I keep thinking about the placement of 2D Mario and the obvious odyssey sequel.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Despite the Metroid news being well received by the fans, I strongly doubt Nintendo will let such news take all the spotlight for much longer.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love if Fatal Frame was one of the Wii U ports, I really wanted to try that one out.

SurTAR

Dec 9, 2018
What wii sports are left

Mario maker will be a sequal

X
Tokyo mirage
3d world
Pikman 3
Woolly world
Wonderful1010

And the 2 Zelda hd remasters

Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival

1536879670_074945_1536879769_noticia_normal.jpg

;)

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
A few big surprises from 3rd parties is a fun thing to think about. I know that's not the topic, but if I had to guess:
-Ace Attorney 7
-Layton 8
-Something new from Capcom
-Kingdom Hearts Chi/Unchained/Union X remake
-A new atlus RPG
-Castlevania, somehow

As for news fairly soon, still sticking to next week or the week after. I think whatever the direct is gonna be will be pretty hefty, with more than one announcement.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A few big surprises from 3rd parties is a fun thing to think about. I know that's not the topic, but if I had to guess:
-Ace Attorney 7
-Layton 8
-A new atlus RPG
-Castlevania, somehow

As for news fairly soon, still sticking to next week or the week after. I think whatever the direct is gonna be will be pretty hefty, with more than one announcement.
Don't forget the Chrono Trigger Direct said he was making a game for Switch in 2017. Whatever he's making could be great.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think we will see Zero Suit in Prime 4.

But I liked how Zero Suit looks in Ultimate.
I expect the Zero Suit to show up somewhere in a larger capacity. Smash has shown to be a major pusher in characters. hell, the only reason people keep asking for a Captain Falcon Action game is because of Smash. a Zero Suit mode or whatever would make sense given how many fans it garnered through her playstyle

Nord501

Oct 29, 2017
Massachusetts
All I hope for in, terms of ports, is Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD. I gave up on seeing Xenoblade Chronicles X ported but I still have hope for the Zelda games at least, even though it hasn't been teased anywhere by any insiders.

Oct 20, 2018
Brazil
I have mixed feelings about the 2D Zelda game to be honest. I really want to be excited for it if it's coming but I didn't like either ALBW and BotW that much and I fear of the direction they might go with the new game...

I much rather have the Wii U ports or Skyward Sword HD instead, at least I already know I like those.

Last edited:

bxsonic

Oct 30, 2017
I think a Direct within the next week is not surprising. The Metroid announcement seems to be made precisely because a Direct will drop soon and that Metroid fans would be upset if the Direct makes no mention of Metroid Prime 4 at all.

Seems like really terrible PR to me if they just made the Metroid announcement out of nowhere and then provide us with zero announcements for their 2019 lineup till March.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think a Direct within the next week is not surprising. The Metroid announcement seems to be made precisely because a Direct will drop soon and that Metroid fans would be upset if the Direct makes no mention of Metroid Prime 4 at all.

Seems like really terrible PR to me if they just made the Metroid announcement out of nowhere and then provide us with zero announcements for their 2019 lineup till March.
Yeah, in my mind I was like "they told us about Metroid Prime 4 this week to get the bad news out of the way first and then follow up with a Direct the week after. But who knows. I got plenty of games to play atm so I don't mind too much, but I am def starting to get a little anxious.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
It's so funny to watch the flips in optimism and predictions of the Direct. Just a few hours ago it was "next week" and already, by just the phrase "fairly soon" being used, it's March.

I like you guys.
I'm firmly on Team Direct Next Week because I can't imagine that Nintendo will let that MP4 news linger without saying anything else for an entire month.

Like, imagine being in mid-February and the last piece of major Nintendo news you can recall is the MP4 apology video. That doesn't look good at all for this company, I'm guessing they'll want a Direct out there in part to mitigate the MP4 news.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I'm firmly on Team Direct Next Week because I can't imagine that Nintendo will let that MP4 news linger without saying anything else for an entire month.

Like, imagine being in mid-February and the last piece of major Nintendo news you can recall is the MP4 apology video. That doesn't look good at all for this company, I'm guessing they'll want a Direct out there in part to mitigate the MP4 news.

Besides, if they do the Direct before the Investor Meeting, they can show all the dates for 2019 games reassuring investors after the Prime 4 announcement.

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017

I'm also Team Direct Next Week but i'm worried because of the investor meeting coming up, they might instead announce a new Labo Toy-Con kit, or a trailer for Mario Kart Tour on January 31.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
Well there's not much left

Xenoblade Chronicles X
Pikmin 3
The Wonderful 101
TMS #FE
Super Mario 3D World
WW/TP
Paper Mario CS, Star Fox 0, Kirby rainbow curse, Mario Maker...actually quite a lot of games. My personal wishlist are Pikmin, 3D world and Maker. They are so so good, I really wish more people could play them. Pikmin 3 mission mode would also be perfect for some quick session on the go.

bxsonic

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, in my mind I was like "they told us about Metroid Prime 4 this week to get the bad news out of the way first and then follow up with a Direct the week after. But who knows. I got plenty of games to play atm so I don't mind too much, but I am def starting to get a little anxious.
I think so. Context is important. There's really no other reason as to why they needed to make this announcement seemingly out of nowhere without a major Direct happening "fairly soon".

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
I wonder if we can expect anything from Capcom regarding the Switch. We know they didn't think much of the Switch, but I wonder how soon we can expect some more meaningful announcements.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Paper Mario CS, Star Fox 0, Kirby rainbow curse, Mario Maker...actually quite a lot of games. My personal wishlist are Pikmin, 3D world and Maker. They are so so good, I really wish more people could play them. Pikmin 3 mission mode would also be perfect for some quick session on the go.
I don't believe in Mario Maker port. It's a level making game. Nintendo should have a sequel at this point. Something that's made and designed for the Switch without Gamepad

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's been way too long for a Mario Maker port. They better have Mario Maker 2 at this point otherwise it would be embarrassing.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Yep, if Nintendo goes into its investors meeting with the only major update being Metroid Prime 4's substantial delay, it'll sour the otherwise great news Nintendo has to share.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think people should be too concerned about Nintendo Switch's pipeline for 2019.

First quarter is certainly a bit light, but we'll get release dates and news for other titles coming in 2019 fairly soon.
Nintendo's first party line up for 2019 is fairly strong and also a bit varied which is good to see. It's just Nintendo will require all of them to be received well because first party titles are one of the main drivers for Switch atm.
Third party will be more of the same. By that I mean do expect ports of older titles. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but the amount of 'new' third parties (that aren't family / JP games) won't be that different from last year.
Certainly a few big surprises this year though.

I hope this implies Japanese third parties are actually going to have some big, new games.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I wonder if we can expect anything from Capcom regarding the Switch. We know they didn't think much of the Switch, but I wonder how soon we can expect some more meaningful announcements.
I wouldn't expect any RE Engine games (RE7, RE2R, DMC5, etc.) or MHW (Sony console exclusivity in Asia, lack of power) on the Switch, but games like Ace Attorney 7 & Mega Man X9 (neither are confirmed, but the former was rumored & the latter was hinted at) are safe bets for the Switch alongside ports of older Capcom titles.

Enrico25

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
-Ace Attorney 7 Probably 2020 because Capcom still has to remake 4-6. It won't be exclusive btw.
-Layton 8 Next year is more likely as the anime is still going.
-A new atlus RPG Unlikely. Atlus is already working in a new ip (PS4 exclusive)
-Castlevania, somehow

John Omaha

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't expect any RE Engine games (RE7, RE2R, DMC5, etc.) or MHW (Sony console exclusivity in Asia, lack of power) on the Switch, but games like Ace Attorney 7 & Mega Man X9 (neither are confirmed, but the former was rumored & the latter was hinted at) are safe bets for the Switch alongside ports of older Capcom titles.
You really believe Capcom won't find a way to put one of the most popular series in Japan on the most popular console in Japan?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
You really believe Capcom won't find a way to put one of the most popular series in Japan on the most popular console in Japan?
Monster Hunter in general, yeah, it'll probably get another Switch entry eventually. MHW in particular will likely never see a Switch release for the reasons I mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.