Status
Not open for further replies.

PUNQ

Apr 18, 2018
Norway
So... who's going to eat the spinach and test that Popeye game? Have a morbid interest in that one.

docus

Feb 14, 2018
Was it?
Honestly, I don't really understand what's the point of creating a new zero effort thread when we had one where all it was needed was to update the title and still have a ton of useful resources that took a lot of effort and years of time to create. If someone wanted to step up and put the time and effort to make a new one, good, if not then we still had a great thread to discuss everything eShop just by getting rid of "october" in the title (if that was bothering people). To each their own I guess. bigbosssalute.png to years of eShop threads. Mind you, not my intention to attack you at all, I expressed this same opinion days ago in the October eShop theead.

It'd be nice to at least have the PRs or list of upcoming games of the month for EU/NA/JPN regions in the OP and recover some of the useful links.

There's a new monthly eShop thread up on Famiboards now with lots of that sort of information:

https://famiboards.com/threads/nintendo-eshop-st-nov-2021.845/

Thanks very much to jonnykong for making this very useful thread too.

We're spoilt for choice now, but I still miss tolkir!

😊

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder when the money for KOTOR and GTA Trilogy will be taken today. Nintendo seems random about these things. I have had money taken out of my account at 2pm, and 11:59 pm. Weird.

OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Was it?
Honestly, I don't really understand what's the point of creating a new zero effort thread when we had one where all it was needed was to update the title and still have a ton of useful resources that took a lot of effort and years of time to create. If someone wanted to step up and put the time and effort to make a new one, good, if not then we still had a great thread to discuss everything eShop just by getting rid of "october" in the title (if that was bothering people). To each their own I guess. bigbosssalute.png to years of eShop threads. Mind you, not my intention to attack you at all, I expressed this same opinion days ago in the October eShop theead.

It'd be nice to at least have the PRs or list of upcoming games of the month for EU/NA/JPN regions in the OP and recover some of the useful links.

I completely understand and agree with mostly what you're saying here, but until somebody actually steps up and offers to do a proper Eshop thread every month the same way that tolkir did, then I'm not really sure what you expect me to do.

I certainly don't have the time to do it every month, and neither does anyone else by the looks of it.

So it's either this low effort thread or none at all 🤷🏽

I also thought about carrying on the October thread and taking the month out of the thread title, but in the end that might look confusing having the original post talking about older games that have already released.

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
Man... Demon Turf is pretty fun and full of personality, but a lot of textures are incredibly pixelated and I don't recall them being this way in the Steam demo...

OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Played a couple hours of Demon Turf, and so far so good, although it can be quite brutal and a little annoying at times. I'm not a big fan of the one-hit death mechanic, but the game does have an interesting checkpointing system you've got to be smart at using.

I do hope the game unveils other ways of being able to gather up those lollies cos I don't really have any interest in the photography side quest stuff

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I'm interested in Demon Turf but Super Sami Roll is what I've really been looking forward to coming out today. That game looks like Monkey Ball, Sonic Adventure, and Chameleon Twist rolled* into one.

*Pun intended.

edamame

Oct 28, 2017
MAGES (known for the "Science Adventure" visual novels and more recently the Famicom Detective Club remakes) is releasing a rhythm game next week called TIMINGooo! in which you try to escape hell by having good rhythm. They say it only uses two buttons and the art style(s) is giving me Wario Ware/Rhythm Heaven vibes. I'll wait for reviews if there are any but I'm interested.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I want Demon Turf but not sure what platform to buy it on. I would want it on Switch but not sure how the port is compared to PC and PS5.

OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately the combat (if you can call it that) on Demon Turf is absolutely horrendous and is unfortunately bringing down what could otherwise be a great game. For me personally anyway, maybe someone will like it I dunno.

I've just beat the first boss which wasn't exactly an enjoyable affair I'll be honest.

But still, the platforming challenges are fun to play.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
MAGES (known for the "Science Adventure" visual novels and more recently the Famicom Detective Club remakes) is releasing a rhythm game next week called TIMINGooo! in which you try to escape hell by having good rhythm. They say it only uses two buttons and the art style(s) is giving me Wario Ware/Rhythm Heaven vibes. I'll wait for reviews if there are any but I'm interested.

That looks… absolutely bonkers in all the right ways!

Two buttons sound both fun and accessible to me, given that WarioWare games shares similar mechanics … 😊

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
I completely understand and agree with mostly what you're saying here, but until somebody actually steps up and offers to do a proper Eshop thread every month the same way that tolkir did, then I'm not really sure what you expect me to do.

I certainly don't have the time to do it every month, and neither does anyone else by the looks of it.

So it's either this low effort thread or none at all 🤷🏽

I also thought about carrying on the October thread and taking the month out of the thread title, but in the end that might look confusing having the original post talking about older games that have already released.

Nah, you'rw totally misrepresenting what I've said, I expect nothing, I certainly never mentioned monthly threads lol. And it wasn't "this or none at all", old thread was kiiiiinda ok and just a thread's title change away, nodoby had ti step until they wanted to, we've discussed this already. Anyway, doesn't make sense to keep this discussion going, we have a new thread, it's ok we good

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, the GTA games are separate games on the Switch. There's no launcher. I wonder if they'll release the games separately in the future?

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Played a bunch of Unsighted yesterday and... people should play Unsighted. Game's excellent. Reminds me a ton of CrossCode in terms of exploration, combat and dungeon design (in a good way, like puzzles are really clever and satisfying, not in the sense that they are super long lol). The story and general world building is great too.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
I know they're ridiculously cheap but which of the Toree games is technically the better game if you're just trying to use up a tiny bit of credit so can change back to my normal eShop region?

They're both on my wishlist I just gotta pick one for now - or any other super cheap game anyone recommends?

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Another thing. Why is KOTOR 11.7 gigs? The PC version is 3.5 Gigs. Higher rez textures?

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Played a bunch of Unsighted yesterday and... people should play Unsighted. Game's excellent. Reminds me a ton of CrossCode in terms of exploration, combat and dungeon design (in a good way, like puzzles are really clever and satisfying, not in the sense that they are super long lol). The story and general world building is great too.
Very much so, it's a real gem of a game that I'm in the middle of too - bought and playing on Switch despite having Game Pass as the devs deserve every sale they can get. I've posted the OT if you'd like to share your thoughts there for a wider audience.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
God dammit I kept reminding myself to buy A Sinking City on sale, and somehow I missed it. Probably got to wait for a winter sale or something!

OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Whilst playing Demon Turf tonight I used some of the in-game currency to buy this cute pet dog that sits on my head at all times

(you're probably going to have to do some zooming in here)

2021110522291500-1B7E8D1FBC4EDA128DC50010E30B3092.jpg

But whenever the character is facing away from me, I can't stop giggling at how much it looks like I have a peen on top of my head

2021110522534700-1B7E8D1FBC4EDA128DC50010E30B3092.jpg

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
So many good games that I want to play are coming out right now and yet I can't shake this desire to replay Hollow Knight for no real reason. I don't get hung up on clearing out my backlog, but I do sometimes feel a little bit of guilt when I decide to replay an old (and time-consuming) favorite as opposed to focusing on experiences that are new to me.

I suppose I could write off a replay of HK as preparation for the eventual release of Silksong...

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
Just discovered there's a new thread. And yeah, this will definitely do for now.

As for actual games, it's a bit disappointing to hear the combat in Demon Turf isn't up to snuff really, it may still be a good game in it's own right though, as i'd get it for the platforming mechanics and the general atmosphere & exploration mostly...

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
just a quick post to say Bot Vice is 80% off for a few more days and is awesome as shit. If this looks even a little appealing to you I think you'll enjoy it.

I'm awful at it (it's hard!) but, much like Strikey Sisters, the quick retries make it a really damn addictive "FUCK. ONE MORE TRY!" game.

Oct 7, 2021
Whilst playing Demon Turf tonight I used some of the in-game currency to buy this cute pet dog that sits on my head at all times

(you're probably going to have to do some zooming in here)

2021110522291500-1B7E8D1FBC4EDA128DC50010E30B3092.jpg

But whenever the character is facing away from me, I can't stop giggling at how much it looks like I have a peen on top of my head

2021110522534700-1B7E8D1FBC4EDA128DC50010E30B3092.jpg
it's impossible that no one in development saw this....

OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I should get back on Demon Turf tonight, had to take a couple of days break from it due to having the worst hangover I've ever experienced.

I think I'm around halfway through, it's a surprisingly meaty game.

Double

Nov 1, 2017
Has anyone been playing Lonely Mountains: Downhill lately? Apparently the Switch part was not great, but maybe they patched it up?

OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Very much looking forward to the Thunderful presentation tonight.

I take it there's a good chance we may see a new Steamworld game? 🤞

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Has anyone been playing Lonely Mountains: Downhill lately? Apparently the Switch port was not great, but maybe they patched it up?

Providing you can tolerate a choppy/uneven framerate several times throughout your journey downhill, it isn't too bad.

As far as I am aware, there hasn't been any performance patches since I last played it so, I imagine the game will always have an inconsistent performance.

It's fun, that is for sure … 🚵🏼‍♂️

I take it there's a good chance we may see a new Steamworld game? 🤞

Give me SteamWorld Dig 3, and I shall be a very happy chap … 😊

Now where's that 'that's a penis.gif'?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
seems SMTV is very low res in handheld, shades of Xenoblade 2 apparently (which to be fair, I did play 100% portable), that's a shame

Double

Nov 1, 2017
Providing you can tolerate a choppy/uneven framerate several times throughout your journey downhill, it isn't too bad.

As far as I am aware, there hasn't been any performance patches since I last played it so, I imagine the game will always have an inconsistent performance.

It's fun, that is for sure … 🚵🏼‍♂️
Thanks! Super torn still if I should get it for Switch to play now or PC, but play later :D

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
Same here, game is awesome and unless you compare it directly to other versions, it plays GREAT on switch, it rarely hickups and even then it's really minor and doesn't really impact gameplay.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Today's North American PR:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition – Three iconic cities. Three epic stories. Play the genre-defining classics of the original Grand Theft Auto Trilogy – Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas – updated for a new generation, now with across-the-board enhancements, including brilliant new lighting and environmental upgrades, high-resolution textures, increased draw distances, and Grand Theft Auto V-style controls and targeting. Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition brings these beloved worlds to life with new levels of detail – from the center of the criminal underworld to the pastel suits of the 1980s and the troubled state of San Andreas.

Shin Megami Tensei V – An unplanned detour leaves our protagonist buried and unconscious during his walk home. He awakens in a new Tokyo, a wasteland ravaged by apocalypse now called Da'at. But before bloodthirsty demons can claim his life, a savior emerges and they unite to become a mighty being neither human nor demon: a Nahobino. With newfound power, the protagonist ventures through Da'at, an enigmatic realm filled with mythical deities and demonic tyrants in constant conflict for survival. Searching for answers, the protagonist must forge his own path in a battle between light and dark to dictate the fate of the world in this new entry in the classic Japanese RPG series. Shin Megami Tensei V will be available on Nov. 12.

STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic – The legendary RPG classic is now on the Nintendo Switch system. Four thousand years before the Galactic Empire, hundreds of Jedi Knights have fallen in battle against the ruthless Sith and you are the last hope of the Jedi Order. Can you master the awesome power of the Force and save the Republic? Or will you fall to the lure of the dark side?

The Wild at Heart – Wield an ever-growing herd of quirky creatures to rebuild broken paths, battle perilous beasts and solve peculiar puzzles in a rich, interconnected world. Join two young runaways as they unravel the mysteries of a lost realm in this nostalgic storybook fantasy! The Wild at Heart will be available on Nov. 16.

Trials:
Time for a Taste Test! – Players of the Reapers' Game must complete daily missions or face total erasure in the crowded chaos of Tokyo. In The World Ends with You: Final Remix, you'll fight to survive a life-or-death game … with a twisted tale featuring more turns than the urban labyrinth of Tokyo you're trapped in. If you haven't tried The World Ends with You: Final Remix yet, then you'll want to jump on this chance at a free trial! Until 11:59 p.m. PT on Nov. 16, Nintendo Switch Online members can play the full game … for free!* If you enjoy the experience, The World Ends with You: Final Remix is currently on sale for 30% off in Nintendo eShop until 11:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 23. The long-awaited follow-up game, NEO: The World Ends with You, is also currently on sale for 30% off in Nintendo eShop until 11:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 19. Put your psychic prowess to the test this month as you duke it out on the stylishly animated streets of Shibuya!

Nintendo eShop sales:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:

A Pretty Odd Bunny – Available Nov. 12
American Hero
Arcade Archives BLACK HEART
Battle Bundle: Stickman: Far East Battle and Battle of Archers
Beyond Blue
Dungeon Adventure
Epic Chef
FishWitch Halloween – Available Nov. 13
Football Manager 2022 Touch
Gravity Light
Gynoug – Available Nov. 12
Handpan
Hoplegs – Available Nov. 12
Instant Sports Winter Games
Island Farmer
Joojee's Journey
Klang 2 – Available Nov. 17
Mastho is Together – Available Nov. 17
Panmorphia: Enchanted
Plumber Puzzles
Pukan, Bye-Bye! – Available Nov. 12
Pups & Purrs Animal Hospital
Retro Highway
SPACETIME ODISSEY
Super Mombo Quest
The Adventure of Ravi 'n' Navi
The Smurfs – Mission Vileaf – Available Nov. 16
TIMINGooo!
Treasures of the Aegean
Venus: Improbable Dream – Available Nov. 12
X-Force Genesis – Available Nov. 12

dsosarod

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Dicey Dungeons is $3.74 in NA eShop, for those of you who were interested in it. I think I will buy it at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.