Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Here's the two main decks that I used to finish the game. The "Dragon Ramp" and "8-turn Death" codes. As well as my "final boss" code.

where's the actual codes tho? those screenshots are meaningless like that :D

edit: holy shit i am actually fucking BLIND AS A BAT. Sorry adam, its right there >_>

gonna try these out there

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
lol the in-game timer for Kotor is completely broken... My save is showing me as having played 157hours now and I'm just on the third planet. I have maybe 10, 15 hours at most.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Webbed came out on Switch today and it's $20, which is double the standard price on Steam. That's beyond a Switch tax. I enjoyed the game on PC, but I wouldn't pay double for it.

In other news, Kharon's Crypt is good.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Webbed came out on Switch today and it's $20, which is double the standard price on Steam. That's beyond a Switch tax. I enjoyed the game on PC, but I wouldn't pay double for it.

In other news, Kharon's Crypt is good.
Thanks for the tip on Kharon's. Never heard of it before, but it looks cool!

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Finally the half price Cruis'n Blast is live in EU. (seems like a permanent drop?)

Considering Terraria but never really played it. It's a small file size and the temptation of discovery in a huge world is always my jam

Last edited:

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
OlliOlli World – Flip and flow through the vivid and vibrant world of Radlandia, meeting colorful characters as you grind, trick and air your way to discover the mystical skate gods on your quest for Gnarvana. Traverse a delightful and weird world, take on missions and challenges, and make new friends along the way. Customize your character's looks, tricks and style, challenge the world in Leagues or dare a friend to beat your best tricks on one of millions of sharable levels. Experience accessibility, depth and player freedom as you dive into the signature gameplay of OlliOlli World. Pre-order before the game launches on Feb. 8 and receive exclusive in-game items, including Bunnylord Head, Hero T-Shirt and Hero Stake Deck.

Dying Light 2 Stay Human – Cloud Version – Civilization has fallen back to the Dark Ages. Now, The City, one of the last large human settlements, is torn by conflict. And yet, hope remains. In Dying Light 2 Stay Human – Cloud Version, you are a wanderer with the power to change the fate of The City. Haunted by memories you cannot decipher, you set out to learn the truth. Use your fists and wits to hone your skills, defeat your enemies and make allies. Unravel the dark secrets behind the wielders of power, choose sides and decide your destiny. But never forget – stay human. Dying Light 2 Stay Human – Cloud Version will be available on Feb. 4.

Nintendo Mobile
A Heroic Five Years – Huzzah! It's time to celebrate five years of the Fire Emblem Heroes game for smart devices! To commemorate this momentous occasion, you'll be able to partake in a series of events, including a 5th Anniversary Hero Fest summoning event. In another 5th Anniversary Special Hero summoning event, you'll be guaranteed a five-star Special Hero. This is just the start of the festivities, as you can also partake in new anniversary-themed quests, Tempest Trials+ and Grand Hero Battles, as well as a Log-In Bonus that'll let you obtain up to 10 Orbs. For more details about all the latest updates to Fire Emblem Heroes, be sure to check out the 5th Anniversary Feh Channel video here!

Nintendo eShop sales:
Earn 10% in Gold Points! – For a limited time, you can earn DOUBLE My Nintendo Gold Points* on select digital games.** That means you can earn up to 10% in Gold Points – which you can then use toward your next eligible digital game or DLC.*** Shop now at https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals/#double-gold-points.

Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:

#1 Crosswords Sudokus Bundle – Available Feb. 4
1CC Games Shmup Collection
Action Arcade Wrestling – Available Feb. 9
Alexio – Available Feb. 4
Arcade Archives PISTOL DAIMYO NO BOUKEN
Colors and Numbers
Cue Sports
Darkness and Flame: Born of Fire
Death end re;Quest 2 – Available Feb. 8
Draw a Stickman: EPIC
El Gancho – Available Feb. 9
Food Delivery Battle
Frog Ball Rerolled – Available Feb. 4
GUNGUNGUN
Hatsune Miku Connecting Puzzle TAMAGOTORI
Heroes of Loot 2 – Available Feb. 8
Heroic Pirates
Jumping Helix Ball – Available Feb. 5
Jumping Quest
Kharon's Crypt – Event Death May Die
Land of Screens – Available Feb. 4
Letters – a written adventure – Available Feb. 9
Luminos
MAGLAM LORD – Available Feb. 4
Mania Fish – Available Feb. 5
Math Gym – Available Feb. 4
Millie and Molly – Available Feb. 4
Phlegethon
Pirate's Gold – Available Feb. 5
Pixel Jumper
Pyramids Slot Machines
Shadow Samurai Revenge
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments
Super Shadow Break : Showdown! NINJA VS The Three KAIJUs
Team Sonic Racing + Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD Bundle
The Artful Escape
The Hundred Year Kingdom
The Sealed Ampoule
The Song Out of Space – Available Feb. 4
The Ultimate Sonic Bundle
Unstrong Legacy – Available Feb. 7
Virtual Maid Streamer Ramie
Zodiac Tri Peaks Solitaire

Why is Dying Light 2 on there? I thought the Switch version got kicked by six months max.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Let's hope not only the usual suspects get discounted! Rhaknar

there will be no Salt & Sanctuary discount.

I will bitch about it.

It is known.

Anyway bad timing for me this one, between Lost Ark tomorrow, and Forbidden West / Elden Ring double whammy in the next few weeks, im pretty tapped. That and my Switch backlog is pretty silly atm. Unless theres some crazy must have discount I guess.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
I think Astalon: Tears of the Earth has finally clicked for me.
I was really pissed that it started you back at the start of the castle when you died but I've finally unlocked the elevator.

The Nes inspired art and audio is fantastic too!

OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda hope there's no decent shadow drops tonight just because my bank account is currently suffering a bit

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmmmm. Both NES & SNES Online are going down for maintenance today.

The same day as the Direct.

Maybe we could be seeing some big games hitting the services?

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I really hope the new Getsu Fuma Den is good. I love the original. I would blind buy this but that last Contra turned out to be terrible.

LNBL

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Did they forget to drop the sale at 15:00 CET?..

Edit, NVM its up!

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a good price for Octopath
Another sale and no famicom detectives discount again though :(

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Retro Bowl is available today. Looks like a solid port from the mobile version. I pre-ordered it a few days ago but I'll play it tonight when I get off work. Getting good reviews so far

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
The Valis Collection came out today. I still don't understand why Valis IV isn't included -- the full price of $40 (currently $36 on sale) would be fair for a collection of four PC Engine titles. For just three, it's a bit much.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
KINGDOM HEARTS INTEGRUM MASTERPIECE for Cloud – From the very first KINGDOM HEARTS to KINGDOM HEARTS III and the + Re MIND DLC, three KINGDOM HEARTS collections are coming to Nintendo Switch as cloud versions that can be played while connected to the internet. Relive fond memories from previous playthroughs, or get to know these heart-filled adventures for the first time alongside Sora, Donald and Goofy for the first time on Nintendo Switch. KINGDOM HEARTS INTEGRUM MASTERPIECE for Cloud, containing all three game collections, soars onto Nintendo Switch today! Each collection will also be available individually to purchase in Nintendo eShop.

Get Your Adventure on With Humongous Entertainment and UFO Interactive – Enjoy four classic adventures with the whole family, available on Nintendo Switch today! With multiple replay paths and different endings, there is a mountain of edutainment games waiting for you, including Putt-Putt Saves The Zoo, Spy Fox in "Dry Cereal", Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside and Pajama Sam 2: Thunder And Lightning Aren't So Frightening.

Nintendo Switch Online
EarthBound / EarthBound Beginnings – Join Ness, Paula, Jeff and Poo in their quest to fulfill an age-old prophecy to stop the wicked Giygas (and maybe catch a Runaway Five concert along the way) in the fan-favorite Super NES classic EarthBound. In addition, travel back to 198X for EarthBound Beginnings, a localized version of the original Famicom Mother game. Both EarthBound and EarthBound Beginnings are playable with a Nintendo Switch Online membership!

Digital Spotlight
WarioWare: Get It Together! – Get ready for a night to remember, just make sure you've brought extra garlic! Celebrate Valentine's Day with your partner in cooperative two-player gameplay in Story Mode or competitive gameplay in Variety Pack! Spice up date night and transform your dinner plans with over 200 quirky microgames – lightning-fast minigames filled with frantic fun – as well as multiple characters to choose from. Microgames are divided into categories like Food where you and your partner can engage in such culinary challenges as blending a rice ball smoothie, dodging errant vegetables and kneading pizza dough. WarioWare: Get It Together! is available now in Nintendo eShop. Want to start with an appetizer? You can also get a taste of WarioWare: Get It Together! with the free demo!

DLC:
Become the Ultimate Bounty Hunter – A free update has launched for the Metroid Dread game! Getting hit even once causes a game over in the brutal Dread Mode difficulty. And if you're new to the Metroid series, take advantage of increased recovery with the newly added Rookie Mode difficulty. A second free update in April will add a Boss Rush mode, in which you'll battle bosses continuously, one at a time.

Demos:
Your Decisions Make the Difference – The tactical RPG TRIANGLE STRATEGY is almost here, and a new demo that lets you play from Chapter 1 to the end of Chapter 3 is available now in Nintendo eShop. Save data from the demo can be transferred to the full game once purchased. The protagonist Serenoa and his allies will be engulfed in the conflict among the three nations. Your choices and conviction will determine their fate when TRIANGLE STRATEGY launches for Nintendo Switch on March 4.

Pre-Orders:
STAR WARS: The Force Unleashed – Unleash the power of the Force in this classic Star Wars action-adventure. As Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice, you'll use devastating Force powers and lightsaber combos as you hunt down Jedi Masters on familiar planets. STAR WARS: The Force Unleashed launches on Nintendo Switch on April 20. Pre-orders are available now in Nintendo eShop.

CHRONO CROSS: THE RADICAL DREAMERS EDITION – A remaster of the acclaimed RPG CHRONO CROSS is coming to the Nintendo Switch system! Plus, RADICAL DREAMERS is included! Experience the origins of CHRONO CROSS in this text-based adventure. Two worlds cross when CHRONO CROSS: THE RADICAL DREAMERS EDITION dashes and slashes its way onto Nintendo Switch on April 7. Pre-orders are available now in Nintendo eShop.

Nintendo eShop sales:
Earn 10% in Gold Points! – For a limited time, you can earn DOUBLE My Nintendo Gold Points* on select digital games.** That means you can earn up to 10% in Gold Points – which you can then use toward your next eligible digital game or DLC.*** Shop now at https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals/#double-gold-points.

Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:

ABC Follow Me: Animals
About an Elf
Arcade Archives NEW RALLY-X
Ball Rush
Blackberry Honey – Available Feb. 11
Blipz
Breakout: Recharged
Castle Morihisa
Ceilless
Cellular Harvest
Death Park
Derpy Conga
Dino Galaxy Tennis
Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires – Available Feb. 15
EGGLIA Rebirth
Grapple Dog
Hidden Theft
Infernax – Available Feb. 14
Insert before flight
Inua – A Story in Ice and Time
KINGDOM HEARTS – HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX – Cloud Version
KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Cloud Version
KINGDOM HEARTS III + Re Mind (DLC) Cloud Version
Kittens and Yarn
KungFu Kickball
Let it Roll 2 Slide Puzzles
Monster Prom 2: Monster Camp XXL – Available Feb. 14
NAPE RETROVERSE COLLECTION
Noel the Mortal Fate
Ocean's Heart
Our Winter Sports
ParaLily
Pendula Swing – The Complete Journey
Perpetuum Mobile
Pinball Frenzy – Available Feb. 11
Polgar Magic Detective: Murder Mystery Journey
PowerSlave Exhumed
QUByte Classics – The Humans by PIKO
Retro Bowl
Rise of the Third Power
Shark Adventure
Skautfold: Shrouded in Sanity – Available Feb. 11
Smash Star – Available Feb. 14
Space Party
Sword of Elpisia
Treasure Temples
Valis: The Fantasm Soldier Collection
Welcome to Elk
Word Chef – Available Feb. 11
Zorya: The Celestial Sisters

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
thankfully for my wallet the sale is pretty much the same discounts we always have, most of them we just had recently too. The only outstanding one I saw in my quick browse through Deku was NFS Hot Pursuit 75% off.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Rise of the Third Power is great. I'm really enjoying it, and I'm usually not a fan of indie 16 bit style JRPGs.

Royce

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I bought Death and Taxes from the current European sale and came across a reference to a well-known game designer.

2022021506503600-1057poj3s.jpg

It's a fun game that mixes simulation with visual novel-style narration & world-building. Your job is to look through people's profiles and the daily guidelines your boss gave you and use them to decide who gets to live (aim is to keep a balance to the world). There's also plenty of discussions with your co-workers and boss. I'm hooked, I've already played it through probably like 6 times and while main parts of the game remain the same, every now and then I still find some new dialog options and other small things that hadn't been available to me earlier. Now was the first time I saw this particular profile, too.

At times I wished the news headlines you get to see after your decisions were a bit more serious. But overall I think it's a very interesting indie game, especially considering it's the first proper release from these devs (Placeholder Gameworks).

Status
Not open for further replies.