Status
Not open for further replies.

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA
It does and a lot since DASH is a "continuation" of ELITE.
And in my opinion ELITE is a lot better than DASH since the inclusion of Daru made the plot a bit rely a bit too much on the fanservice.
Alright good to know, thanks. I also assumed that's why I heard not as much praise for DASH. lol

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
okay I really don't get why PSN got a digital version of the Robotics;Notes double pack and eShop doesn't?

Saicho

Oct 27, 2017
80 Days is 80% off in EU (2,25€, all time low)

It has universal acclaim on every platform (Switch, PC, iOS). I own it but never even tried it, sorry.

The game is just 180MB according to Deku Deals.

It's a great game - and that price, I'd say it's essential. Think of it as a Choose your Own Adventure styled adventure game (so choices of dialogue, decision based encounters etc - no dice based combat, but a few little gameplay surprises here and there), with light trading and resource elements, and choosing how you travel across the world to win Phileas Fogg's world trip.

Super compelling once you get into the mechanics of it, and wonderfully written.

Had my eye on it until it was on sale last time since I want to try different type of games then I checked out the gameplay video of it. There were so much text to read!!! So I changed my mind. :(

Deleted member 34873

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Little Busters or Grisaia Trilogy? Is Steins;Gate Elite worth it or is the original better on Vita?

Or wait to see if that Aokana Mashiro after story gets ported and localized? Too many VNs D:

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played 80 Days on Switch but I do have it on iOS and it's fantastic - yes there's a lot of reading as the story is told through text but the presentation is incredible, there's a surprising amount of strategy in picking what to pack and buy as you travel and there's a lot of branching paths and different storylines to follow. I'd definitely recommend it.

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
Sorry for all the posts today. I bought 10 games in the last week and playing them so I figure why not post impressions...

Game Dev Tycoon

I played this on PC and enjoyed it but wanted it portable so I double dipped (a common problem for me lol)

If you like simulation games and especially Game Dev Story then you will probably enjoy this game.

I played handheld and the touchscreen controls are perfect, and text is not too small.

No performance issues and it looks crisp.

You start as a game dev in your garage and follow the history of gaming starting around Commodore 64. You can play 30 years but I chose 42 so it will last a bit longer. New consoles will come out as they did in reality though everything is fake named but obvious.

You will hire more devs, create games using a topic+genre (you research to learn new topics as you play) and then adding features that you have researched previously into the game. Developers have stats you can train and the dev portion has a few steps where they focus on things like graphics, sound, AI, world design etc. Then you release it, get a review, and it goes on sale. Making a hit game is some trial and error at the start but eventually you will get a big hit and get a bunch of cash.

You can make your own engine also to use which ends up being very powerful as you progress.

There is E3, marketing campaigns, fans and fan letters, sabotaging competitors, "hot" genres that rotate, contract work, competitions etc etc

If you want to experience the history of consoles and PC while making games (that you get to name muahaha), then you will likely love this.

The graphics are pretty lackluster and music is sorta just there, but the actual game is very engaging and I find myself playing for 2+ hours at a time.

Overall I give it 8/10 and it's tied with Game Dev Story as my favorite game in this niche.

Nice write up. Sounds very good.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
So when can I play Vigil?

it's unlocked now in EU at least.

Also Trials of Mana is 30% off.

Oceanhorn 2 comes out at the end of this month

nintendoeverything.com

Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm launches on Switch this month

The action adventure game Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm is just a couple of weeks away from its Switch launch. It’ll be available starting October 28, Cornfox & Brothers has announced. Here’s some information about the game as well as a trailer: Prequel to the acclaimed Oceanhorn...

cool I like the first as a little zelda-like, but I like it in a "I bought it super cheap on a sale" way >_>

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Vigil's initial load time is actually ridiculous, it better just be the initial one or this might actually be unplayable in a game where you probably die a lot >_>

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Damn... speaking nothing about the merits of their gameplay, Vigil has shamelessly aped Dark Souls' UI and Foregone looks like it trades extremely heavily on Dead Cells' look and feel.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
super quick Vigil impressions from the tutorial bit!

- seems to run perfectly
- no voice acting (which we knew but still) so be ready to read... a lot.
- map is straight out of Ori (no really, it looks exactly the same)
- sword animations for your 4 hit combo is dope, and more importantly, the sound effects are meaty. Very important for these games.
- stamina seems generous, you start with a lot, dodge roll doesnt use much.
- game uses a actual save system, meaning if you die you need to reload, its not like souls. In fact, you can get items to "create a save" where you want, again, like Ori heh. No idea how rare those will be, they give you one straight away.
- skill tree is more like normal rpgs compared to souls (well I guess souls doesnt actually have a skill tree).

back to it, more impressions soon

edit: lol died on the first boss. He's pretty easy too RIP

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say I'm quite impressed with Alwa's Legacy. It's a lot bigger and has more depth than I expected considering the Nintendo Life review said it's a little short, something I don't agree with as I'm on around hour 8 or 9 and I'm still not finished.

It's just a joy to play, with some neatly designed little dungeons, and a good expansive map which becomes a pleasure to explore when you unlock different abilities. Sure there's a lot of back n forth as you try your best to remember which part of the map had specific things you could only pass after unlocking certain abilities, but what Metroidvania doesn't have that?

Don't sleep on this one, kids.
Thanks for sharing your impressions! How do you feel like it compares to Alwa's Awakening? Looking back, one was solid but a bit simplistic to me.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
more Vigil

- skill trees are sword, axe, dual weild, bow, general (general is where the health upgrade is for example).
- only 1 attack button as opposed to Souls's light and heavy, so in that sense its more like a normal 2d game. No shields but you can block with your weapon, but that seems ill-advised as the game seems to be more Bloodborne-dodge-focused.
- 3 weapon slots, 5 gear slots, 4 ring slots (dark souls 2 represent!). No equip load in the stat screen.
- strangely enough, even tho the game uses a hard save system, enemies DO respawn when you save, so you can farm huh. Which also means you cant clear, run back to the save and have the save ready with a cleared path. Weird then.
- I didnt use my skill points before because I dont know how I want to spec, but this time I just wacked them in health because im sure ill max out health whatever spec I use. Seems to be 3 skill points max per node.
- backstep has invuln frames because I accidentally did it on the boss hah.
- loadings besides that ridiculous initial one are... ok. They're fine I guess.
- boss was pretty easy like I said. Looked dope tho. I can already tell I'll love the game from the tutorial :)

Cristales delayed to 2021

expected tbh.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019
Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! is 90% off in EU (1,43€), lowest ever

Again: I own it, never touched it :(

Weird, today sees the release of Cook, Serve, Delicious 3, don't get their pricing strategy here.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
That demo for Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memories is suppose to be releasing today according to Nintendo. Keep forgetting that's out later this year.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
actually in 11th of november so it's almost here.
Oh right, next month. Couldn't remember if it was Nov. or December. But now I remember that it's coming out around the same time as the new consoles & Yakuza: Like a Dragon, which was why I was gonna wait for a sale & wasn't high on my priority list. Still will give the demo a try.

Makes me also remember we never got that DQ Theatrhythm game. Would totally be up for another game in that style but it was for all of Square Enix.

Dec 2, 2019
Another week, another roguelike. ScourgeBringer releases on october 21st. Preorders go live today along with a demo (I think)
It's from Flying Oak Games (NeuroVoider)

next week is gonna be insane

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
So is Vigil a Metroidvania? Like Bloodstained?
Or is this some hard as hell Soulslike thing?
I am interested but if it's hard then I'll probably pass lol. I am weak

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
So is Vigil a Metroidvania? Like Bloodstained?
Or is this some hard as hell Soulslike thing?
I am interested but if it's hard then I'll probably pass lol. I am weak

on normal its been pretty easy so far, ive just killed the second boss and only died twice on it. You can find some pretty busted magic spells early on. You do take a lot of damage tho, even on normal.

that being said, I play all the souls games and blasphemous and whatnot so im used to "hard" games, so what I might consider easy you might...not.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
on normal its been pretty easy so far, ive just killed the second boss and only died twice on it. You can find some pretty busted magic spells early on. You do take a lot of damage tho, even on normal.

that being said, I play all the souls games and blasphemous and whatnot so im used to "hard" games, so what I might consider easy you might...not.

Ok cool I may watch some videos on YouTube then. It at least looks and sounds interesting!

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Vigil is going to take some getting used to lol.

Another week, another roguelike. ScourgeBringer releases on october 21st. Preorders go live today along with a demo (I think)
It's from Flying Oak Games (NeuroVoider)

next week is gonna be insane

Love the look of this one but man there have been so many good roguelikes lately lol. Grabbed the demo, but ill probably wait after getting Vigil and Fire Emblem, and Sakuna in a few weeks. Love that MC design and the really cool hair.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I wonder when Toy Soldiers HD will pop up since they said autumn but they've been radio silent since may ish but they are also a tiny studio

Luchadorable

Jan 14, 2018
So happy I got Killer Queen Black in the sale. I'm having so much fun with it, I can easily see myself pouring hours and hours into this

Riding a snail to victory is such a good feeling

At £1.77 it's easily the best bargain I've found on switch, hopefully the sale leads to more people playing it as it can take a little while to get a match going sometimes

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
🤮

Not really my cup of tea.
lol. Im enjoying it a lot more than Salt and Sanctuary, but yea its really similar just with a different art style that I think is a lot more appealing.

I wasnt sure how I would like the look of the MC's animations from the trailers, but in game it doesnt look bad at all. The last side-scroller I played was Bloodstained, and I like this one way more.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
lol. Im enjoying it a lot more than Salt and Sanctuary, but yea its really similar just with a different art style that I think is a lot more appealing.

I wasnt sure how I would like the look of the MC's animations from the trailers, but in game it doesnt look bad at all. The last side-scroller I played was Bloodstained, and I like this one way more.
I just started Paper Mario, finally. So that's keeping me occupied. Though I wanna try out Cloudpunk too when that unlocks tomorrow.

SkywardBeam

Oct 25, 2017
Vigil is going to take some getting used to lol.
This may the the most stupid question ever, but how do you open the menu in this game? There seems to be no designated button going by the control configuration settings. I tried pressing every button in the game, but I just get to open the map.

Edit: Problem solved. I made the mistake to remap the map to the + button (because the - button is a pain to reach), and this obviously does not put the menu on the - button in reverse. Very strange that the menu is the only option that can not be remapped in the control settings.

Last edited:

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
I knew I had to buy Cloudpunk as soon as I saw that they are going to add a cockpit view into the game as a new feature sometime soon...

e4a377bc922b7d5ba49b66eb9d97ba0fdf706125.png

A first person experience that looks exactly like this is literally something I've wanted since I first saw Blade Runner when I was a kid. It's unbelievable how well this nails that exact same atmosphere.

Even if it's going to launch without this particular feature I'm really looking forward to playing it tomorrow, it seems like a really well made experience and I am definitely in the mood for a chill game in this setting.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
This may the the most stupid question ever, but how do you open the menu in this game? There seems to be no designated button going by the control configuration settings. I tried pressing every button in the game, but I just get to open the map.
The Menu? Like the equipment menu? Thats just the start button. Or do you mean like the settings and stuff? Which, from the main menu at the title screen doesnt appear to have many options lol.

EDIT: Yea, just it the start/+ button. It pulls up a menu on the left side of the screen

Last edited:

Zeeman

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone played the Jake Hunter game for Switch? It's on a pretty deep discount right now on the eshop and I'm curious how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.