Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasec

Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
I wonder if we're still getting Doom Eternal this year.
They've been pretty quiet about the port this last months.

I can still dream of a shadow drop or release date in one of those partner showcase directs.

Mistermetz

Jun 17, 2018

I can still dream of a shadow drop or release date in one of those partner showcase directs.

I believe they'll postpone it for the rumored Switch Pro launch next year in Q2 and it'll look very close to PS4/XBONE versions on the new console.

Rasec

Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
I believe they'll postpone it for the rumored Switch Pro launch next year in Q2 and it'll look very close to PS4/XBONE versions on the new console.
That could happen. But i think i'm one of those that knowing nintendo i don't expect much from this so called Switch pro.
Probably some framerate improvements and upscaled 4k support but not that much bigger graphics power.
Hope i'm wrong. xP

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yo, don't buy random no-name storage unless you don't care about your data going poof randomly out of the blue.

this raises all the red flags you could possibly raise. I'd suggest removing the link so nobody falls into this trap.
I bought a Samsung Evo 512gb that always corrupted data when either transferring or redownloading directly onto it. Shit was toast out of the box, i guess.

Bought if off Mercari, it all seemed totally legit and came in the proper brand new packaging. Don't think I had any recourse, tho.

Anyway, been too scared to buy another 512gb and my 256 has been maxed for so long. It is painful.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Is Roki a point n click, quite puzzle heavy?

I like the look of it, but I generally suck at that genre.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Yup, that's kinda what happens.
I had the bad luck of once getting tricked by this cards at cheap price.

I add them to my switch and pc and it would say i had the 400gb (that's the one i bought at the time) but i add it to my switch and i wasn't able to even download a small indie game to it.
I was always getting errors appearing on the switch screen.
Then by formatting and checking with a disk tool i found out that in reality it had less than 1gb of space and the read speeds were a disaster.

For me i think it's super risky buying sd cards from third-party sellers.

Also if you check the sellers of those cards not only it says dispatched from china but their seller profile says just launched which is not good.
It's really bad that amazon allows them on their store, this isn't poor quality product, it's clear scam.

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Petal Crash looks like a pretty sweet lil action puzzle game ($10 US, out today)

I know it was a kickstarter thing, would love to hear impressions if anyone's given it a try

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017

I couldn't wait any longer and started it yesterday. I'm playing it on my phone through xCloud and it works pretty well. The game is amazing and plays a lot faster than even the last game. The fights are also more hectic in a good way. I hope the port will be great when it finally releases.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Very interested to hear about vigil performance tomorrow. Been in a very souls mood lately and this would be a nice addition!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Headliner is 93% off so 99cents in EU, much like their other game Not Tonight was a few weeks ago.

Not sure why they keep putting them up so low, as far as I know they are quite good good and not the usual "bundle fodder", but here we are.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

Looks like its the very first 24 minutes of the game.

They really nailed the Dark Souls tone/feel lol. I just dont like how the character models look. Like they are stop motion or whatever its called. I mean, I am still getting it, thats just my only tiny gripe.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

See, this is why we, as consumers, should NOT give shoddy devs a pass when they regurgitate out shit Switch ports, when Moon proves the machine can do much more.

Dec 2, 2019
Headliner is 93% off so 99cents in EU, much like their other game Not Tonight was a few weeks ago.

Not sure why they keep putting them up so low, as far as I know they are quite good good and not the usual "bundle fodder", but here we are.
They're not from the same publisher?

Headliner's is Unbound Creations, Not Tonight's is No More Robots.

Anyway, No More Robot's guy recently said on Twitter he was experimenting with prices. He wouldn't do the "race to the bottom" thing others have been doing (think of Thief Simulator), but he was forced to do it ("I had to grit my teeth and try a 'can't beat them, join them' approach... if everyone else is breaking the store, what else can you do?"), even if that meant "selling their soul a little".

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I read an article from an indie dev recently, and mostly, it's a big problem with the eshop and discoverability. Unless you're already a big brand name, having a massive discount gives you a good chance of being on the top 30 sellers list, and that's basically the only way to get eyes on your game once you're off the new releases list. Once you're there, you get to be there for a week or two, even after the sale ends, which has been reported to still see decent sales.

Dec 2, 2019
80 Days is 80% off in EU (2,25€, all time low)

It has universal acclaim on every platform (Switch, PC, iOS). I own it but never even tried it, sorry.

The game is just 180MB according to Deku Deals.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
The devs are taking their time to make the most out of it I guess. The longer the wait, the better the game will be.

Yeah, it's been a long time since any concrete news. Likely COVID may have delayed things, but most of us watch every Direct hoping for a shadow drop.

No news since last e3 i think... more than a year without even a twitter post... nothing... more than a year without any news... im glad you guys are not rising any flags as im doing, but im starting to worry

Deleted member 20852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Funnily the normal price for Headliner is 13,37€. Very leet!

The super low prices are probably an indication of the eShops problems. There's no recommendation system, so it's difficult to get visibility if your game is not new, featured by Nintendo somehow or already selling super well (top 30). Even out of the recently released games it's quite difficult to find games that are actually interesting for you, because there's just so many.

cbrotherson

Freelance Games & Comic Book Writer
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Birmingham
80 Days is 80% off in EU (2,25€, all time low)

It has universal acclaim on every platform (Switch, PC, iOS). I own it but never even tried it, sorry.

The game is just 180MB according to Deku Deals.

It's a great game - and that price, I'd say it's essential. Think of it as a Choose your Own Adventure styled adventure game (so choices of dialogue, decision based encounters etc - no dice based combat, but a few little gameplay surprises here and there), with light trading and resource elements, and choosing how you travel across the world to win Phileas Fogg's world trip.

Super compelling once you get into the mechanics of it, and wonderfully written.

EDIT:

Funnily the normal price for Headliner is 13,37€. Very leet!

The super low prices are probably an indication of the eShops problems. There's no recommendation system, so it's difficult to get visibility if your game is not new, featured by Nintendo somehow or already selling super well (top 30). Even out of the recently released games it's quite difficult to find games that are actually interesting for you, because there's just so many.

Yeah, so Mike Rose of No More Robots (publisher of Not Tonight) did a really interesting Twitter thread about how eShop sales pan out and how publishers have to use deep discounts to leverage/supplement sales. Well worth a read:

Last edited:

ced

Oct 27, 2017
I can't find anything about Foregone, but it looks cool.

Anyone getting it?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
They're not from the same publisher?

Headliner's is Unbound Creations, Not Tonight's is No More Robots.

Anyway, No More Robot's guy recently said on Twitter he was experimenting with prices. He wouldn't do the "race to the bottom" thing others have been doing (think of Thief Simulator), but he was forced to do it ("I had to grit my teeth and try a 'can't beat them, join them' approach... if everyone else is breaking the store, what else can you do?"), even if that meant "selling their soul a little".

it's part of a bundle on Steam with Not Tonight and some other similar games so I thought it was, my bad.

In other news, torchlight 3 is out October 22nd. I'm not sure how I feel about this...

www.gematsu.com

Torchlight III for Switch launches October 22

The Switch version of Torchlight III will launch via the Nintendo eShop on October 22, publisher Perfect World Entertainment and developer Echtra Games announced.

It launched in early access in June on Steam and it felt like a early alpha, it was in no state to be released, and I have SERIOUS doubts they fixed / changed all that needed to be fixed in 3-4 months.

Last edited:

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
It took about 20 attempts but I finally beat Hades. This is the first time in a long while where a roguelike, no, a game, had me absolutely hooked. I would literally die, curse, and immediately start a new run. Every single time.

I don't even love roguelikes. I don't hate them either, but as someone who loves stories in video games, it isn't a genre I typically look for, but with the combination of tight as hell gameplay and a genuinely good story constantly unfolding between each run, each failed attempt not only meant I was getting stronger, but that I was learning more about the plot and characters. Heck, my friends (who are usually not into games like these) and I are talking about this game in our group chat constantly, comparing builds, combinations, weapon tips, etc.

If I were to have a very slight complaint, it would be that I don't think the game properly prepares you for the final boss. What I mean by that is, you can have a build that absolutely melts regular enemies/lesser bosses but will do next to nothing against the final boss and vice versa. For example, I've made it to the final boss at least half a dozen times before I finally beat him; each time with a build that would destroy everything I've faced up until then, only to get destroyed at the final fight. This time, my build was struggling all the way through the run but managed to take down the big bad by fighting completely different than how I would normally. Maybe that's just how it worked this run, but I feel like I need to spec for the final fight rather than the fights leading up to it.

Anyway, that's just a tiny critique I have. The game is still an absolute gem and easily Supegiant's best title. And this is coming from someone who already thought each one of their games were 9s.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I can't find anything about Foregone, but it looks cool.

Anyone getting it?

Heres something. I was debating between getting it or Vigil, and I decided to go with Vigil. The Diablo/Destiny like loot system sounds super neat for a side scroller. But I had heard some complaints with the random drops, like getting a legendary with really bad rolls. Not sure if they have fixed that stuff since then though.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Axiom Verge 2 delayed till next year.

Edit: I forgot to post the link to the story haha

nintendoeverything.com

Axiom Verge 2 delayed to the first half of 2021, developer update

When Axiom Verge 2 was announced last December, it was planned for a Fall 2020 launch. Unfortunately, that will no longer be happening. Creator Thomas Happ confirmed in a blog post today that the project has shifted to the first half of 2021. Happ indicated that Axiom Verge 2 is a bigger game to...

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
rebought Torchlight 3 on PC because I still had my original 30€ in my steam wallet from when I refunded it back in June... some quick impressions of the final (?) version:

- it's certainly better than it was back in june. it looks sharper (but still looks like a 10+ year old game, at least that should bode well for the Switch version)
- the new ranger class is cool because it's the summoner class the game was missing
- the skill trees are a little bit better but still small. Speaking of:
- there's a new Runic system where you pick 1 of 6 skill trees in character creation so you have a third one on top of the 2 each class has. These are shared between all the classes, and seem to be in general made for different roles (for example I chose the poison runic tree for my ranger, which has a spider summon skill and a passive that gives minions more dmg). Theres a fire one, an ice one etc. I guess they didnt have time / resources to make a third skill tree for each class so they just made these generic / shared ones instead.
- the housing / fort system is... ok? It's basically where you put you pet stable, your stash etc, and you can customize it with a million decorative things you find/buy. I don't really care for housing systems in games, and I dont care in this one either.

From the few hours I played, the game basically feels like torchlight 2 with no mods (that part doesnt affect people that only played TL2 on switch I guess) and different classes. Not something I would recomend in the slightest at the new $40 price (it went up when it left EA and its the console price), but down the road when its like 50% off, and if you liked TL2 and want more of it with new classes then sure.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I bought Petal Crash to see how it is. Quick impressions:

—Simple but cute graphics and music
—has story mode, VS, puzzle mode, time attack
—There are 6-7 characters to choose and I played through Story with 2 of them. Each one took about 20-25 minutes and consist of I think 6 puzzle battles
—You are pushing blocks around on the board. When you move one it goes until it hits another block or the side if board. You have to "crash" a block into another the same color and they will disappear. They also blow blocks next to them away so you set up combos.
—you can increase difficulty. This is very easy to learn, hard to master.

Id say if you like puzzle games like Match 3 stuff you will like this for $10. Seems to be a good amount of content and I had fun and will play it more.

I will say that based on the story mode I think a game in this world as an ARPG like Zelda could be great.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I appreciate the launch discount on the Robotics;Notes games but I'm still a bit grumpy that MSRP for digital ($70 for both games when not on sale) is higher than physical ($60 for the double pack)

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
It's gonna be an amazing week for indies on Switch next weeK: Röki, Torchlight 3, Supraland, The Red Lantern and Cloudpunk. The week after that we have The Ghostrunner. Super hyped! Getting all of them.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I have to say I'm quite impressed with Alwa's Legacy. It's a lot bigger and has more depth than I expected considering the Nintendo Life review said it's a little short, something I don't agree with as I'm on around hour 8 or 9 and I'm still not finished.

It's just a joy to play, with some neatly designed little dungeons, and a good expansive map which becomes a pleasure to explore when you unlock different abilities. Sure there's a lot of back n forth as you try your best to remember which part of the map had specific things you could only pass after unlocking certain abilities, but what Metroidvania doesn't have that?

Don't sleep on this one, kids.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Sorry for all the posts today. I bought 10 games in the last week and playing them so I figure why not post impressions...

Game Dev Tycoon

I played this on PC and enjoyed it but wanted it portable so I double dipped (a common problem for me lol)

If you like simulation games and especially Game Dev Story then you will probably enjoy this game.

I played handheld and the touchscreen controls are perfect, and text is not too small.

No performance issues and it looks crisp.

You start as a game dev in your garage and follow the history of gaming starting around Commodore 64. You can play 30 years but I chose 42 so it will last a bit longer. New consoles will come out as they did in reality though everything is fake named but obvious.

You will hire more devs, create games using a topic+genre (you research to learn new topics as you play) and then adding features that you have researched previously into the game. Developers have stats you can train and the dev portion has a few steps where they focus on things like graphics, sound, AI, world design etc. Then you release it, get a review, and it goes on sale. Making a hit game is some trial and error at the start but eventually you will get a big hit and get a bunch of cash.

You can make your own engine also to use which ends up being very powerful as you progress.

There is E3, marketing campaigns, fans and fan letters, sabotaging competitors, "hot" genres that rotate, contract work, competitions etc etc

If you want to experience the history of consoles and PC while making games (that you get to name muahaha), then you will likely love this.

The graphics are pretty lackluster and music is sorta just there, but the actual game is very engaging and I find myself playing for 2+ hours at a time.

Overall I give it 8/10 and it's tied with Game Dev Story as my favorite game in this niche.

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA
I appreciate the launch discount on the Robotics;Notes games but I'm still a bit grumpy that MSRP for digital ($70 for both games when not on sale) is higher than physical ($60 for the double pack)
I am right there with you. I'm just going to wait to grab the retail copy for $40-30 or wait till they hit $20 each on the shop. Whatever comes first.

This looks extra worse too since the Prinny collection also split up their games and put them for $20 each, making it $40 total which is cheaper than the $60 retail version.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am right there with you. I'm just going to wait to grab the retail copy for $40-30 or wait till they hit $20 each on the shop. Whatever comes first.

This looks extra worse too since the Prinny collection also split up their games and put them for $20 each, making it $40 total which is cheaper than the $60 retail version.

I'm leaning towards grabbing Elite now & waiting for a deeper sale to pick up Dash

Status
Not open for further replies.