• https://abload.de/img/bannerblasphemous3qkdl.png

Votes: 40 35.1%
  • https://abload.de/img/bannerrivercitygirlsc1jej.png

Votes: 74 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 27, 2017
Miami, Florida
Bulletstorm Switch Gameplay. Have a comparison to the Xbox One version uploading now.

275648_original.jpg

?????

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
Actually buying it from there seems pretty impossible though :)

How so? I just tried it out with Risk of Rain 2 for shits and giggles and 15 min later I was able to buy it for 8 bucks.

Is it possible your credit card has a block for purchases from South American stores? I read somewhere that is the main issue people run into.

Oct 26, 2017
Only a couple months ago Switch had basically Doom and Wolfenstein as the only good FPSs.

Now there's four Doom games with a fifth on the way (and also possibly Doom64), a second co-op Wolfenstein, the first two Turoks, Bulletstorm, and at this rate I'm sure more good ones are coming!

Serious Sam, anybody?

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Only a couple months ago Switch had basically Doom and Wolfenstein as the only good FPSs.

Now there's four Doom games with a fifth on the way (and also possibly Doom64), a second co-op Wolfenstein, the first two Turoks, Bulletstorm, and at this rate I'm sure more good ones are coming!

Serious Sam, anybody?

Halo. ;)

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Fuuuuuck. My left joycon was hit with the dreaded drift disease. I found out playing Morphies Law. As I was standing on a button stealing mass, my character suddenly ran off the platform. Grrr. It was no fluke as when I went back to the menu the cursor was jumping all over. Sigh. What to do as I really hate the idea of being without my beloved Switch....

I could always ignore this thread so I stop buying shit for awhile. Nah. Though I just used a voucher on Astral Chain too...

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Fuuuuuck. My left joycon was hit with the dreaded drift disease. I found out playing Morphies Law. As I was standing on a button stealing mass, my character suddenly ran off the platform. Grrr. It was no fluke as when I went back to the menu the cursor was jumping all over. Sigh. What to do as I really hate the idea of being without my beloved Switch....

I could always ignore this thread so I stop buying shit for awhile. Nah. Though I just used a voucher on Astral Chain too...
Happened to my right Joycon while I was playing My Time At Portia, where it only controls the camera, but still. This is why I've always been in the habit of stocking up on extra controllers.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Didn't realize Wilmot's Warehouse was coming out already. Been looking forward to this one.

In other news, I decided to try the 8bitdo SN30 Plus. I hated the standard SN30 but people said the dpad on the Plus is improved, and a lot of big people in the Mario Maker community seem to like it.

Instant deja vu. The dpad sucks and it's clearly not improved, unless I got bad QC on both controllers I've tried. I'm gonna give it some time see if it improves but I'm probably going to return this and never buy anything 8bitdo again. Still looking for a halfway decent bluetooth dpad.

Last edited:

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Started playing a Link's Awakening DX on 3DS. Yup, that's still a solid Zelda game. Great music and sound effects too. Really takes me back. Everyone who gets to experience it for the first time on Switch is in for a treat.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
What's the catch though? Besides the South African Eshop, and the Japanese since I also have a jp credit card, it's always a hassle to buy games on other eshops...

I can't even buy games from the AUS eShop anymore... it rejects my spanish cc.
Luckily Russia, Norway and SA still work and I can get cards for US/CND/MXN eShops.

Not much of an hassle to me, I have 5 accounts and you need to choose a user when you launch the eShop anyway so... with the money that I've saved day1... I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say I paid half of what I'd spent if I had always used the EU eShops. I have more than 200 digital Switch games so it adds up, fast.

One main account that I have had for ages where I have all my italian purchases, one that I switch around for NOR/RUS/SA/etc, one for USA, one for MXN and one for JPN stuff.

I just have to click, took me what 5 minutes to make each one? It's not like I made em all in one go :P

Actually buying it from there seems pretty impossible though :)

Hence the "lol"
They're kinda trolling us with dat ARG price :P

Mr_Bubbles

Jan 28, 2018
How so? I just tried it out with Risk of Rain 2 for shits and giggles and 15 min later I was able to buy it for 8 bucks.

Is it possible your credit card has a block for purchases from South American stores? I read somewhere that is the main issue people run into.
Yeah, EU card. For others I can use my US Paypal though, just not in the South Americas it seems.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How many days are there in Friends of Ringo Ishikawa? I'm nearing the end of the month so I think that's the endgame but I'm not sure.

Been playing my Ringo as a good studious boy but I got into enough fights to get called out by a rival school, whereupon I couldn't find the guy, got beaten up, and missed the fight.

Layla

Oct 25, 2017

buy some contact cleaner and follow this video, it's simple to fix it (although I suspect I might have to do it again at some point)

just played through Gris and loved it, I play in handheld mode all the time but after an hour I had to - um - switch to the TV as the artwork really needed to be seen on a big screen

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
buy some contact cleaner and follow this video, it's simple to fix it (although I suspect I might have to do it again at some point)
This is a temp fix. It's better in the long run to either let Nintendo repair it or replace the analog stick yourself. Amazon sells repair kits, just make sure to buy the one with the blue wire, not green.

41ZPC%2BrP2RL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Hmm. Maybe I'll first try the contact cleaner. I have 2 lefts now with issues, and if I can use one I can get the other fixed. I can't let all these games keep piling up or my eshop backlog will reach Steam levels...

riq

Feb 21, 2019

just played through Gris and loved it, I play in handheld mode all the time but after an hour I had to - um - switch to the TV as the artwork really needed to be seen on a big screen
Aaaand my Pro Controller just started drifting as well. Is the fix the same? Already had to replace the stick in my launch Joy con L.

OT: ended up getting Risk of Rain 2 and feeling a little lost. Apparently my first objective is to activate some teleporter but I have terrible sense of space and distance, and the lack of a map is killing me lol.
But on my first run I got wings and flied. It was pretty cool.

AceyPrime

May 16, 2018
Wilmot's Warehouse is fantastic. I love the basic, focused gameplay loop of get new stuff delivered, maniacally organize what I can in 3 minutes, dash to the window to see what the next orders are, fill orders and queue another delivery. Thankfully after every 3 deliveries you get a break to clean up and reorganize anything as long as you want. Co-op worked well and you can continue an existing save as either single or co-op at any time which is nice. Co-op does seem to decrease the amount of time available to accomplish everything so we failed a few sets of orders. It's definitely interesting trying to communicate your strange way of organizing the myriad symbols to another person. Well worth the $15 for a chill, original puzzle/action game.

Only played the first level of Brunch Club a few times in co-op and it feels like an exercise in frustration thus far. So, so very difficult to even get a slice of bread into the toaster...definitely need to practice it a bit more and figure out if there's some obvious thing we're missing or if it's really that difficult!

Risk of Rain 2 was an amazing surprise for me today. Being the sucker who buys almost all roguelikes and roguelites I couldn't resist even though $30 seemed a bit steep. Performance-wise it seems pretty solid but I'm not the most sensitive to frame rate issues unless it's really bad. Played solo for around 10 runs and online with 3 others a few times and I was pleased with it. My only complaint is that it definitely feels a lot more difficult to locate the teleporter thanks to the additional dimension added since Risk of Rain 1! All of the enemies, powerups and concepts are near-identical to RoR1, just in full 3d now. Lots of fun with others to help blast baddies together but solo is a fun challenge too. Seems like they still have more content they're developing as some things in the menus are noted as coming soon. Probably my biggest complaint is the menu system itself - it's like they took the PC version and added mouse control for the joystick and said "eh, that's good enough". Annoying to have to drag the pointer across the screen to select an option instead of just being able to move left/right/up/down via the joystick to choose the next option.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow I had missed NISA announced La Mulana 1+2 instead of just the first, awesome. I wonder if I should still play my copy of EX on Vita... Do we know if this new port is based on EX?
How many days are there in Friends of Ringo Ishikawa? I'm nearing the end of the month so I think that's the endgame but I'm not sure.

Been playing my Ringo as a good studious boy but I got into enough fights to get called out by a rival school, whereupon I couldn't find the guy, got beaten up, and missed the fight.
The events you trigger matter more than the days passed, so technically you can keep playing it forever without advancing the story. But judging by that challenge you mention, I think you're halfway through the story.
My Switch eshop backlog: Bastion, The Messenger, Guacamelee 2, Into the Breach. Can't decide which one to start and instead I'm browsing the bloody eshop trying to stop myself buying more.
Into The Breach is incredible.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow I had missed NISA announced La Mulana 1+2 instead of just the first, awesome. I wonder if I should still play my copy of EX on Vita... Do we know if this new port is based on EX?

The events you trigger matter more than the days passed, so technically you can keep playing it forever without advancing the story. But judging by that challenge you mention, I think you're halfway through the story.

Into The Breach is incredible.

Oh that's scripted? I thought it was an event I triggered by picking on a particular school gang.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh that's scripted? I thought it was an event I triggered by picking on a particular school gang.
Oh sorry I mistook two different events, don't mind me. Still this game is barely documented so I'm still not sure what's scripted and what isn't... Adds to the charm, I guess!

riq

Feb 21, 2019
That suuuuucks. I've had PS4 controllers do it, too. So the issue isn't limited to just Nintendo.
Oh, I know that. But some systems seem to be more prone to it; I've had these issues with Joycons and now my Pro Controller with less than 1 year of use. Conversely, my GC and Wavebird controllers are holding up superbly. I used to have the PS2 Dualshock sticks fail me successively.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I liked Bulletstorm all those years ago, it was ok. If the port is good I guess playing portable would be a good way to revisit it, so maybe when its like 50% off (15 is about what im willing to spend to double dip on these games just for the portability novelty, stuff like this, Red Faction, Darksiders, etc).

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Wilmot's Warehouse is fantastic. I love the basic, focused gameplay loop of get new stuff delivered, maniacally organize what I can in 3 minutes, dash to the window to see what the next orders are, fill orders and queue another delivery. Thankfully after every 3 deliveries you get a break to clean up and reorganize anything as long as you want. Co-op worked well and you can continue an existing save as either single or co-op at any time which is nice. Co-op does seem to decrease the amount of time available to accomplish everything so we failed a few sets of orders. It's definitely interesting trying to communicate your strange way of organizing the myriad symbols to another person. Well worth the $15 for a chill, original puzzle/action game.

Only played the first level of Brunch Club a few times in co-op and it feels like an exercise in frustration thus far. So, so very difficult to even get a slice of bread into the toaster...definitely need to practice it a bit more and figure out if there's some obvious thing we're missing or if it's really that difficult!

Risk of Rain 2 was an amazing surprise for me today. Being the sucker who buys almost all roguelikes and roguelites I couldn't resist even though $30 seemed a bit steep. Performance-wise it seems pretty solid but I'm not the most sensitive to frame rate issues unless it's really bad. Played solo for around 10 runs and online with 3 others a few times and I was pleased with it. My only complaint is that it definitely feels a lot more difficult to locate the teleporter thanks to the additional dimension added since Risk of Rain 1! All of the enemies, powerups and concepts are near-identical to RoR1, just in full 3d now. Lots of fun with others to help blast baddies together but solo is a fun challenge too. Seems like they still have more content they're developing as some things in the menus are noted as coming soon. Probably my biggest complaint is the menu system itself - it's like they took the PC version and added mouse control for the joystick and said "eh, that's good enough". Annoying to have to drag the pointer across the screen to select an option instead of just being able to move left/right/up/down via the joystick to choose the next option.
I'm loving Wilmot's Warehouse too. The ultra minimalist but friendly aesthetic is really charming (and kinda reminds me of Ikea) and the gameplay tickles my brain in just the right way.

Feb 10, 2018
Has anyone bought Little Racer here? I love these little racing games but it seems a bit expensive to me, and I don't know if Mantis Racing is better...

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Serious Sam, anybody?

Call of Juarez Gunslinger was rumoured a while ago. Should probably come out soon.
XIII remake looks extremely close to the original so it should be good as well.
Shadowgun Legends was announced ages ago, not sure how the game will hold up on a console.
Overwatch seems like a done deal.
If Halo/MCC happens, people will freak out.

It'd probably take too many resources but Bethesda should try to get Wolfenstein: The New Order and Old Blood on Switch. Still the best games in the series, IMO. If only we could get the first FEAR and Titanfall 2. Still replay those on a regular basis.

Oct 26, 2017
Call of Juarez Gunslinger was rumoured a while ago. Should probably come out soon.
XIII remake looks extremely close to the original so it should be good as well.
Shadowgun Legends was announced ages ago, not sure how the game will hold up on a console.
Overwatch seems like a done deal.
If Halo/MCC happens, people will freak out.

It'd probably take too many resources but Bethesda should try to get Wolfenstein: The New Order and Old Blood on Switch. Still the best games in the series, IMO. If only we could get the first FEAR and Titanfall 2. Still replay those on a regular basis.
I think with Doom 3 on Switch there's also a chance for the original Prey, Quake 4 and Quake Wars.

And now that Bulletstorm - an Unreal Engine 3 game - is not only playable but seems to perform very well, I just don't know what to think! Have PCF cracked some bottleneck other developers were not able to?

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think with Doom 3 on Switch there's also a chance for the original Prey, Quake 4 and Quake Wars.

And now that Bulletstorm - an Unreal Engine 3 game - is not only playable but seems to perform very well, I just don't know what to think! Have PCF cracked some bottleneck other developers were not able to?

Afaik the original Prey is caught up in some weird legal limbo and had to be removed from digital stores. Not sure what it'd take to see a rerelease. The others shouldn't be an issue.

I wasn't aware that there was an issue with Unreal Engine 3 games on Switch?

Oct 26, 2017
Afaik the original Prey is caught up in some weird legal limbo and had to be removed from digital stores. Not sure what it'd take to see a rerelease. The others shouldn't be an issue.

I wasn't aware that there was an issue with Unreal Engine 3 games on Switch?

As far as I know none exist prior to Bulletstorm apart from Rocket League, which required very large compromises to get ported.
The engine isn't officially supported on the platform if I understand correctly, but PCF must have intimate knowledge of it so it seems as if they were able to make it work.
Assuming all that's true, I wonder if they'll share their knowledge with other studios...

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As far as I know none exist prior to Bulletstorm apart from Rocket League, which required very large compromises to get ported.
The engine isn't officially supported on the platform if I understand correctly, but PCF must have intimate knowledge of it so it seems as if they were able to make it work.
Assuming all that's true, I wonder if they'll share their knowledge with other studios...

Ah yes, the lack of official support will probably make the porting process a bit of a challenge. But I think the biggest issue with modern games that still use it might be that they use highly customized versions of the engine like Mortal Kombat 11 or, as you said, Rocket League. But the Switch shouldn't really have an issue with the engine, Paladins and Smite use it as well.