Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Probably gonna have to wait till E3.

My guess. Joker was always going to take a while to release. But I feel the 2nd will release super close to announcement. (This is all base off smash 4 DLC so I could be very wrong)
I sure as hell hope not. Though Ryce did notice how we've had 2 character reveals at E3 whenever Smash had characters to reveal, so I suppose it's possible that "Brave" & whoever is after them could be saved for E3.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I sure as hell hope not. Though Ryce did notice how we've had 2 character reveals at E3 whenever Smash had characters to reveal, so I suppose it's possible that "Brave" & whoever is after them could be saved for E3.
I'm guessing only 1 reveal.

I feel the final 2 DLC characters will come out together.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If we have to wait until E3 for this boring Brave character then Banjo Kazooie will be revealed there too. Anyways I feel like a Microsoft character will be revealed at E3 no matter if Brave was announced or not.

superbright

Feb 11, 2019
United Kingdom
0a73c707b1918934d9b54977db8a8d6dcc7b5329_hq.gif

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Any rumours/predictions for Smash characters that are/were built around the idea that they would be promoting games coming out on Switch are surely out of the window now that we know Persona 5 isn't?

Erdrick would still make absolute sense based on the size of the franchise but that leaves 3 more characters.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I think a remaster more likely than Lego games, which seems to be blocked by EA (we didn't get TLA Lego game, this is best explanation for that). But the Pinball Switch game proves that old games and remasters are excluded in that deal. Maybe we could get Unleashed collection? Maybe Nintendo revives that Rogue Squadron trilogy? Maybe a Jedi Knight HD collection?
Lego games aren't blocked by EA. WB released Lego Episode VII in 2016 without any problem. The EA exclusivity deal excludes games that aren't aimed at the "core" gaming crowd, which is how I think Star Wars Pinball happened and how another Lego Star Wars game would bypass EA.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
If we have to wait until E3 for this boring Brave character then Banjo Kazooie will be revealed there too. Anyways I feel like a Microsoft character will be revealed at E3 no matter if Brave was announced or not.

Three options: Master Chief, Banjo and Battletoads. Only one of them have a new game coming this year. But that doesn't mean anything at all, as none of these franchises have an entry on Switch and could receive one at E3. I think all three has equal chances.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Any rumours/predictions for Smash characters that are/were built around the idea that they would be promoting games coming out on Switch are surely out of the window now that we know Persona 5 isn't?

Erdrick would still make absolute sense based on the size of the franchise but that leaves 3 more characters.
To be fair, what was specifically said was that P5R & P5S weren't coming to Switch, so I'm not sure if we can rule that out just yet.

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018

We don't know that P5 isn't coming to switch. One insider said he doesn't "think" P5S or P5R are related to the Switch, but it's still possible they're porting P5 separately. He also emphasized that it was his opinion several times.

Still think there's a much better chance than not its coming.

Last edited:

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Three options: Master Chief, Banjo and Battletoads. Only one of them have a new game coming this year. But that doesn't mean anything at all, as none of these franchises have an entry on Switch and could receive one at E3. I think all three has equal chances.
I think the chances are Banjo Kazooie>>Master Chief>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Battletoads

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Lego games aren't blocked by EA. WB released Lego Episode VII in 2016 without any problem. The EA exclusivity deal excludes games that aren't aimed at the "core" gaming crowd, which is how I think Star Wars Pinball happened and how another Lego Star Wars game would bypass EA.

That... Doesn't explain the lack of Lego TLA. Warner Bros ain't stupid, Lego games are usually sold multi million units, especially Star Wars ones. Cramming all movies in one game is definitely not a smart move for them. Three movies but still not a single new Lego game? Definitely there's something else going on.

If we don't get a Lego Episode IX game this or next year, you can be sure that WB is being blocked.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017

Im hoping for Devil May Cry, i don't think anything else would top that announcement for me, like, the Smash rooster would feel complete for many years unless you started dropping western characters or rival companies.

I guess RE would be cool too but Dante fits better

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's sad Nintendo won't ever be taken completely seriously until they release systems equal to Xbox and PS.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
It's sad but I'm on the same boat.
This long ass wait has somehow killed my interest.
On one hand, I understand that making new fighting game characters isn't easy & Sakurai didn't want to start Fighters Pass development until the base game was complete. But at the same time, I recall Sakurai saying that Nintendo wanted Joker revealed at The Game Awards, so maybe that request should have been held off if development had barely begun.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
That... Doesn't explain the lack of Lego TLA. Warner Bros ain't stupid, Lego games are usually sold multi million units, especially Star Wars ones. Cramming all movies in one game is definitely not a smart move for them. Three movies but still not a single new Lego game? Definitely there's something else going on.

If we don't get a Lego Episode IX game this or next year, you can be sure that WB is being blocked.
I'm not so sure there's funny business going on here. The first two Lego Star Wars games adapted the entire prequel trilogy and original trilogy, respectively, and were re-released as a compilation a year after the second. The third game covered a large chunk of the Clone Wars TV show. Episode VII is the only Lego Star Wars game for a single movie. I wouldn't be surprised if WB and Travellers' Tales waited until Episode IX so they could cover all of the side movies and Episodes VIII and IX in one go. Travellers' Tales only has so many resources. If they dedicated themselves to making a separate game for every Star Wars movie, they wouldn't be able to take on any other projects.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR

Well, the other big rumor was for Ryu/Steve/Doomguy.
Doomguy's promotion was obvious (Doom Eternal), Ryu was apparently for a 30th anniversary Ninja Gaiden project (rumor said it could just be remasters/remakes), and Steve is just lolminecraft.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doomguy's promotion was obvious (Doom Eternal), Ryu was apparently for a 30th anniversary Ninja Gaiden project (rumor said it could just be remasters/remakes), and Steve is just lolminecraft.
I thought Steve died off after that Minecraft lady talked?

Heeeey... All those people did prank phone calls to Pawn Stars for nothing? Buff froggies deserve more chance than emo space marine.
Actually, I believe Master Chief is deconfirmed anyways. So yeah Battletoads is above Master Chief atm.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Im not sure that completely erases the chance of Dante appearing, like, i can see the DMC collections appearing on Switch this year, main Persona hasn't been associated with Nintendo for years.

But it will take a good while, probably :^S
I can basically see every DMC game except 5 (RE Engine) & the reboot (UE3) having a shot at the Switch.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Ryu would make sense if they wanted a Koei Tecmo rep; he represents both NES and modern Ninja Gaidens, and Dead or Alive.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I can basically see every DMC game except 5 (RE Engine) & the reboot (UE3) having a shot at the Switch.

Funny because devs actually teased the fifth game. Either they are serious about that or they're just mean jerks.

Actually, I believe Master Chief is deconfirmed anyways. So yeah Battletoads is above Master Chief atm.

I wouldn't call that tweet a deconfirmation. If anything, that was a silly attempt to hype up things. Maybe MC is not a Smash newcomer but we might get Halo related stuff on Switch at E3.

Personally, I'm in Banjo boat. But I wouldn't be surprised if they went with MC instead.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I thought Steve died off after that Minecraft lady talked?
That tweet didn't confirm/deconfirm anything tbh.
Ryu would make sense if they wanted a Koei Tecmo rep; he represents both NES and modern Ninja Gaidens, and Dead or Alive.
Yeah. Also helps that NG3 Razor Edge (the good version) was a WiiU timed exclusive, a WiiU launch title, and published by Nintendo in the west.
NG NES is what led to the "nintendo hard" monicker amongst others too.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think a remaster more likely than Lego games, which seems to be blocked by EA (we didn't get TLA Lego game, this is best explanation for that). But the Pinball Switch game proves that old games and remasters are excluded in that deal. Maybe we could get Unleashed collection? Maybe Nintendo revives that Rogue Squadron trilogy? Maybe a Jedi Knight HD collection?

Remasters are pretty much out of the question because LucasArts mandates that every piece of Star Wars media (films, shows, books, comics, games etc.) is canon. The Lego entries, the pinball game and whatever happens on mobile is exempt because they don't really interfere with canon. The Old Republic is the one big exception because that licensing agreement was made before the Disney acquisition. LucasArts has been very slow to bring back EU characters, let alone entire media products. It happened only once with Cullen Bunn's Darth Maul comic iirc.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I keep forgetting Dragon Quest Builders 2 is coming in July. I'm super excited for it. The first game was surprisingly goof

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, what was specifically said was that P5R & P5S weren't coming to Switch, so I'm not sure if we can rule that out just yet.

If we're talking about Jaosn Schreier's recent posts, he said that, from what he's heard, Persona 5 isn't coming to Switch, but he has no infos on where Atlus is going to release P5S (which should fall under a different genre). It's possible "Persona 5" (as is, the original) isn't coming to the system, but Persona 5S (whatever it is) is.

Please support my cause for P5S = Persona 5 The Scarlett, a Musou game developed by a Persona Team / Omega Force joint-venture, coming to Switch

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
I would really genuinely love one last blast of awesome announcements straight from Reggie.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
A Star Wars game on a Nintendo platform is the "most way-out".... What we have come to...
Blame EA for being butthurt over Nintendo deciding not to build their online system around Origins. As far as I know, the only way EA will put anything on a Nintendo system currently is if they're forced to (such as with FIFA).

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017

I would have to look it up now but they said they won't make Lego games for single movies anymore.
Lego Movie is an exception I guess.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Blame EA for being butthurt over Nintendo deciding not to build their online system around Origins. As far as I know, the only way EA will put anything on a Nintendo system currently is if they're forced to (such as with FIFA).
? Pretty sure they aren't forced to put FIFA on Switch, Nintendo just paid for the cost of that port.

giphy.gif

Are we going to get sources for any of this or should we rename this to the Nintendo Making up Stuff |OT|?

Status
Not open for further replies.