• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is 13 our luck number?

• Yes

Votes: 352 32.9%
  • No

Votes: 263 24.6%
  • Dill Spowser

Votes: 303 28.3%
  • Phoug Bencer

Votes: 152 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
wow ... I mean I'm new here. I don't want to start discussions yet. I want to be friendly and nice. But these Mario takes...

02WS2aG.gif

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
wow ... I mean I'm new here. I don't want to start discussions yet. I want to be friendly and nice. But these Mario takes...
go ahead, come at me bro

I'm a real lightweight, don't defend my shitty opinions at all due to my immense self-hatred, it'll be a good practice round before you get to the confident bad take providers

Lyre is the final boss btw

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
He'll probably just say that he shared it with somebody, but won't say who, and that it's up to them to release it.

Did anything come out of those eshop giftcard giveaways or whatever he mentioned? I doubt it.

You are probably right... at the End he is only a attention whore, who thinks he has allegedly Insider Infos...

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
Good grief.

Any piece of culture can have that effect - think about music, movies, books, television, etc. whose quality is debateable, but occupies a particular place in your memory beyond nostalgia. Same can be true with games.
Yeah, that makes sense for sure. I wonder 'why' because oftentimes it's knowing it's flawed, but loving it nonetheless. It's absolutely true as a general thing rather than game Specific.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
go ahead, come at me bro

I'm a real lightweight, don't defend my shitty opinions at all due to my immense self-hatred, it'll be a good practice round before you get to the confident bad take providers

Lyre is the final boss btw
Who's the midboss and the secret ending true path boss?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
to be fair all of those descriptors apply tenfold to Smash Melee, the fan favorite

Honestly I agree Melee was not nearly the best Smash game. I don't know what you mean by calling it unfinished and (especially) unpolished but I liked Brawl and 4 (and of course Ultimate) much better.

Unfinished games sometime require the right person to be appreciated. It's not nostalgic to love something for what it is.

I mean, I do like a lot of parts of the game. The controls are great, the setting is great, Fludd has some good ideas and good sections but overall it's easily the weakest Mario entry for me. 3D Mario anyway, might rank NSMB2 lower overall.

I replayed the game recently and the movement and controls still feel tight. I honestly haven't seen much people hate on sunshine recently except for this thread.
Brings me back to when people hated on Sunshine and Wind Waker when they first came out

Incidentally I loved Wind Waker then and love it still now. I know it was also unfinished but it didn't have the jank and immense roughness that Sunshine had. WW could've stood to be 40% longer but what was there was fantastic.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Honestly I agree Melee was not nearly the best Smash game. I don't know what you mean by calling it unfinished and (especially) unpolished but I liked Brawl and 4 (and of course Ultimate) much better.
Melee was developed in 13 months, most of its advanced tech is due to glitches and crunch jank

but I'm mostly basing that on my understanding of others' opinions on it, I could definitely be wrong

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Once we're halfway through this thread, we'll have accumulated around a quarter of a million posts of Nintendo Direct Speculation.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Super Mario Bros 3 is like the Beatles, it's massively important and influential in a ton of ways but what came after it surpassed it

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Ok in my opinion the original and smb2us are the two "bad ones" in the SNES All-Stars. Lost levels and Smb 3 aren't perfect, but way way better than the others.

I'm afraid of him and every mid boss on my way 😅
whoa, I didn't think people liked Lost Levels besides that one website columnist from weeks back. I'm pretty much complete garbage at 2D platformers so I'll attribute most of my warped Mario perception to that

you've bested me, argh. now go and defeat Lyre, King of Hot Takes to restore the honor of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand

The first post in OT 12 was on August 4, 2020.

The last post was today (8/18) at 12:53 PM

14 days exactly for OT 12 without a post-Direct hype and with no real idea when the next Directs were coming beyond a vague "strikes twice" reference. There's no way this thread makes it two weeks.

Yeah, that makes sense for sure. I wonder 'why' because oftentimes it's knowing it's flawed, but loving it nonetheless. It's absolutely true as a general thing rather than game Specific.

Part of it is the human capacity to infuse artifacts with purpose. We bring ourselves to the world we inhabit - for all our faults, we craft narratives from disparate ends. Humanity is wild and wonderful.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
not retracting my statement on the Beatles, you old souls can enjoy them as much as you want and I can't deny that they're objectively good, but I truly cannot be fucked to dig into their discography at all

Ok anyone agrees that Yoshi's Island SNES is the best 2D Mario?
I think Lyre agrees, so you're well on your way to seeing the credits

Status
Not open for further replies.