Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
stuff i can see coming out until the end of switch's life that we still don't know about:

botw 2
odyssey 2
retro's new game (not MP4, that's going to be next gen imo)
metroid prime trilogy
2D metroid
2 games from monolith soft
a new IP from EPD (think arms or splatoon)
a splatoon spin-off
another mainline pokemon game
an RPG from alphadream
another kirby game
another fire emblem
a new game by good-feel (wario or donkey kong maybe?)
mario golf
super mario party 2 (and probably 3)
mother 1+2+3
a bunch of wii u ports (xeno x, 3D world and the two HD zeldas seem like obvious picks)

Last edited:

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno OP. Nintendo seems to be all about the ass lately.

Smash Bros Ultimate and BOTW are AAA games.
9nohQh4.jpg

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
2020+ major tities:
A new 3D Zelda game developed by Monolith Soft
Super Mario Odyssey 2 or 3D Donkey Kong
New IPs (Retro, Aonuma, others)
Xenoblade 3 / X2 / whatever
Metroid 5 / Metroid Prime 4
Pokémon 8G + / 4G R / 9G / Let's Go 2G
New Fire Emblem / remake

Mr.Gamerson

Oct 27, 2017
I think the 3D Mario team should take a crack at a 3D Donkey Kong game and save the next 3D Mario game for Switch 2

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
2020+ major tities:
A new 3D Zelda game developed by Monolith Soft
Super Mario Odyssey 2 or 3D Donkey Kong
New IPs (Retro, Aonuma, others)
Xenoblade 3 / X2 / whatever
Metroid 5 / Metroid Prime 4
Pokémon 8G + / 4G R / 9G / Let's Go 2G
New Fire Emblem / remake

This is what I'm expecting as well, would just remove Metroid Prime, think that one is 2021. Unsure about Fire Emblem.

Some possibilities I would add to he list:

-New game from ARMS/Mario Kart team
-Splatoon Spin-off
-Ubisoft Collaboration
-Platinum Collaboration

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
For me, they got nothing this year I would call AAA. The FE game looks like a fan seervicey dating sim, not a serious strategy title. Animal Crossing has never interested me. LA and MM2 aren't "AAA". Honestly at this point I feel they only have a few truly AAA franchises left. Metroid Prime 4 will be on a moderate budget.

So the real answer is 2020-2021 in the BotW sequel.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The only Switch games I would think were made on a AAA budget were Smash, BotW, and Odyssey. I guess they could spend more on Animal Crossing? Else it won't be until 2020 when those types of games come out.

Nov 23, 2017
For me, they got nothing this year I would call AAA. The FE game looks like a fan seervicey dating sim, not a serious strategy title. Animal Crossing has never interested me. LA and MM2 aren't "AAA". Honestly at this point I feel they only have a few truly AAA franchises left. Metroid Prime 4 will be on a moderate budget.

So the real answer is 2020-2021 in the BotW sequel.
Lol what? AAA or not has Zero to do with dumb hot takes or your personal preferences.

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017
One does wonder if and when they'll do something with the same ambition as BotW again. It was very much used as the game to put Nintendo back on the mainstream map in terms of console gaming, and now it feels like they don't have the same kind of onus to do it again.

That doesn't mean there won't be games that would qualify as "AAA" (whatever that means) - several have been mentioned in this thread - but I hope we won't have to wait until the next generation to see another truly tentpole game.

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans
3sAY679.jpg

I'm mostly excited about new IPs, especially any we might see from Monolithsoft and Retro. Otherwise, though, l'm happy to keep seeing fresh new entries from their established franchises.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
It's the perfect time for a new Punch Out game. I'd love for Super Punch Out to get that Punch Out Wii treatment.

OP
OP
PenultimateFantasy
Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I wouldn't expect Nintendo to spam out Mario and Zelda tities in the near future. Nintendo crowd have already got their Switches, so comes the next step: Trying to sell Switch to the people who wants a powerful handheld but has zero interest in Mario or Zelda games (oh yes those people exist, in millions even). We will see more moneyhat second party games. Even this year alone we have three: Marvel UA3, Astral Chain and Deamon X Machina. I expect Nintendo to go crazy for second party in 2020.

Those three are all interesting looking titles but none of them will sell to people who haven't bought a switch already.

OP
OP
PenultimateFantasy
Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Nintendo will try their best to make them. Their target for lifetime Switch sales is 100 million and they can't achieve that without them.

The audience they need for the 100 million is casuals and nostalgia

So more mario and Zelda and more Nintendogs, brain training etc

I suspect we may see more of the casual titles after the launch of the cheaper switch

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
I feel that typo is going to hinder your aiming with this thread.
It would be interesting to see Nintendo tackle new IPs, but I don't think it will happen soon unless it's something like Wonderful 101 where the games are done by a second or third party. They have many IPs to risk doing a big new one, at least on singleplayer.

In my case I'd love to see more spin offs. Detective Pikachu, Kirby Air Ride, Captain Toad, Luigi's Mansion... just take your famous IPs and try to do something interesting with them. Sure we got some weird ones like Federation Force, Chibi Robo or Hey Pikmin, but when done well we get fan favourites.
Heck, you could even argue that Mario 64 and Kid Icarus Uprising were spin-offs in a way.

OP
OP
PenultimateFantasy
Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I feel that typo is going to hinder your aiming with this thread.
It would be interesting to see Nintendo tackle new IPs, but I don't think it will happen soon unless it's something like Wonderful 101 where the games are done by a second or third party. They have many IPs to risk doing a big new one, at least on singleplayer.

In my case I'd love to see more spin offs. Detective Pikachu, Kirby Air Ride, Captain Toad, Luigi's Mansion... just take your famous IPs and try to do something interesting with them. Sure we got some weird ones like Federation Force, Chibi Robo or Hey Pikmin, but when done well we get fan favourites.
Heck, you could even argue that Mario 64 and Kid Icarus Uprising were spin-offs in a way.

I know but I don't know how to get s typo fixed in a title :(

Totally agree on spin offs, I thinks it when Nintendo become their most interesting and they are in a prime position to do this now

Let's gope they do

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Monolith Soft has a new IP coming. Botw 2 and Odyssey 2 I see as guaranteed. MP4 and 2D Metroid coming. Another Retro Studios game should be coming.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
I want someone to take a crack at a new 3D Donkey Kong. However, I don't know if I want to see his Tities in it.
Although I'm not ruling out that I might want to see them.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
I feel like one way they could solve the Mario Kart 9 on Switch issue would be to use a different franchise for a kart-racing title, kind of something like Kirby Air Ride where the mechanics are also different enough to justify a purchase for people who own MK8D.

I guess this is kind of what the Star Fox GP rumor was though.

I'd love to see like, Splatoon Kart or Animal Crossing Kart.

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
For a serious answer though, my most anticipated AAA Nintendo title atm is Metroid Prime 4 by Retro but I get the feeling that's still a looong ways off.

Jun 23, 2018
Canada
Donkey Kong 3D and Diddy Kong Racing 2/Donkey Kong Racing remake (to replace Mario Kart 9 until next gen). Wario Land. A new Star Fox with a new story, Krystal, and those two girls from Starfox 2 permanently added to the cast.

I'd rather they focus on elevating their non-Mario/Fire Emblem/Zelda/Kirby/Yoshi franchises, ones that get more sporadic releases, by giving them more frequent games and bigger promotional budgets instead of solely creating more new IPs. 3 is enough for now. If a franchise's games don't come out often enough it doesn't get a chance to build traction or a legacy for the average public to care about, and a mediocre game will set it back even further.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Would love a 3D Donkey Kong game. I think they could bring a lot of imagination to that. Also, I really need a new Paper Mario game that harkens back to what made number 1 and 2 such classics.