• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Is it often frustrating to be a Cowboys fan? Yes, yes it is.

With a stacked team like this we "shouldn't" go 7-9 or 8-8 but we will with all the ineptitude that is like a rot in the team.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Zeke does look terrible out there.

Team sold to stop run, Dallas does not thin defense out, or use play action, instead telegraph each run they did all fucking night.

Defense performance is unstable game to game, year to year and often a product of the offense they play. Running back performance is highly unstable and often a result if the online blocking and play calling.

Blame scheme, and coaching. Dak did all he could to dig up all night.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
When Solder was concussed, Eric Smith came in but this is nuts.

The Giants claimed Smith on waivers Sept. 1. The 24-year-old said after the game that "at no point" since becoming a Giant had he prepared to play left tackle, other than doing individual work on his own. Smith said that with Nick Gates starting at right tackle he had prepped all week to be replace Gates at jumbo tight end and hand't taken any live reps at left tackle since preseason with the Jets.

Smith said he didn't know the coaches were even talking to him to enter the game when Solder got hurt.

Coaching, friends.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
It's kind of funny that Ramsey is now on the Rams and plays with the actual Bortles and Goff who is Bortles level.

Mcvay lol

"We just had Blake come in. That was the play that we had designed for Blake. It wasn't anything where Jared – you know, he was good. He was OK. That was a play that we were going to get Blake involved in and that was part of the game plan,"

Haselbacher

Oct 27, 2017
It's kind of funny that Ramsey is now on the Rams and plays with the actual Bortles and Goff who is Bortles level.

Mcvay lol

"We just had Blake come in. That was the play that we had designed for Blake. It wasn't anything where Jared – you know, he was good. He was OK. That was a play that we were going to get Blake involved in and that was part of the game plan,"

That McVay quote is brutal...

And: season over...

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I can watch this over and over again.

Kevin Harlan going nuts (best announcer in sports if you ask me) just makes it even better. "Oh he broke his ankles!!!! Now he's got an entourage!!!"

It's so exciting having such an electric QB in Baltimore for the first time in what feels like forever.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Happy that Dallas lost but at the same time you see what it takes to beat a team like Dallas (stop the run and still have a competent secondary to stop their pass attack)....and the Eagles just don't have it. Minn still got torched at times but they had capable LBs and good enough secondary play.

And then I see guys like Peters, Minkah, and Ramsey making plays for their teams....while Howie probably thought they all cost too much. Sigh.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017

Mcvay lol

What a weird quote. Just say Goff had to be looked at or something. Nobody believes there is a called Bortles play.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Kevin Harlan going nuts (best announcer in sports if you ask me) just makes it even better. "Oh he broke his ankles!!!! Now he's got an entourage!!!"

It's so exciting having such an electric QB in Baltimore for the first time in what feels like forever.

I would say this is the first electric QB for the Ravens. Flacco was good but he reminded me of a supped up Kyle Boller.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Any chance GB shits the bed and Minn gets the division?

They really only have two games left on the schedule I think they even have a chance of losing which is the 49ers and then us at home. They aren't losing to the Bears or the Lions. Redskins and Giants? Lol, nope. It's probably not going to happen unfortunately, us shitting the bed against the Chiefs last week was not helpful.

Doom

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey

Pretty sure this is the only time ever for the Ravens as a franchise that their QB could be considered any better than an average starter in the league.

With the exception of 2012 Super Saiyan Flacco for 4 whole games.

Aug 26, 2019
They really only have two games left on the schedule I think they even have a chance of losing which is the 49ers and then us at home. They aren't losing to the Bears or the Lions. Redskins and Giants? Lol, nope. It's probably not going to happen unfortunately, us shitting the bed against the Chiefs last week was not helpful.
I see. I'm a little worried you'll have to play a road game against Philly in the first round. I trust y'all to knock them out at home, but not GB seeing as what happened last time in Lambeau

Furyous

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Do you hear that NFL ERA? That's the sound of the Cleveland Browns back to prominence! Can we play the Pats division every week? I'm shocked, befuddled I say, that coach Kitchens drew up a competent gameplan that heavily involved our go to guys. Shout out to Higgins for showing out when we needed him.

Cards we almost had them but they pulled it off again somehow someway.

JD get me a new offensive line, hire Mike McCarthy, and bring in comp for Baker in the off-season. That's all I want for Xmas. Get Swagger a friend cause my dog is lonely

Tlaloc

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Happy that Dallas lost but at the same time you see what it takes to beat a team like Dallas (stop the run and still have a competent secondary to stop their pass attack)....and the Eagles just don't have it. Minn still got torched at times but they had capable LBs and good enough secondary play.

And then I see guys like Peters, Minkah, and Ramsey making plays for their teams....while Howie probably thought they all cost too much. Sigh.
Two 100yd receivers and Dak throwing 3 TD's and still couldn't overcome the vikings feels bad man. Also fuck those two running plays that killed what was looking like a scoring drives.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

It feels like forever because it has been forever.

But yeah I've been watching this clip all day. Anyone know where to find Sandusky's call of it? Harlan's is great but sometimes Sandusky can make amazing (and hilarious) calls too.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
When Solder was concussed, Eric Smith came in but this is nuts.

The Giants claimed Smith on waivers Sept. 1. The 24-year-old said after the game that "at no point" since becoming a Giant had he prepared to play left tackle, other than doing individual work on his own. Smith said that with Nick Gates starting at right tackle he had prepped all week to be replace Gates at jumbo tight end and hand't taken any live reps at left tackle since preseason with the Jets.

Smith said he didn't know the coaches were even talking to him to enter the game when Solder got hurt.

Coaching, friends.
Shurmur needs to be fired ASAP..
Barkley needs to be shut down kid is playing hurt.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017

It's kinda weird how both the Vikings and Packers have one really tough game, one game against each other, and then four not so tough games. I'd rather play the NFC East than the AFC West like you guys have to though.

I think it's possible the Vikings win out and the Packers drop two. If they both finish 12-4 then the Packers take the division though.

It's really too early to tell at this point since those division games aren't always gimme wins even if the Lions and Bears are just collapsing.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017

I'm so glad Lamar landed into such a good coaching situation with Harbaugh, who completely changed the team to suit him.

Imagine if he'd gone to some dumpster fire like the Browns or Bengals. His career could've been in jeopardy already.

Aug 26, 2019
Slept on last night's game and it has really soured on me. Already down 2 scores in the 1st quarter, the D made of butter and paper, the call to run it on 2nd and 5 AND 3rd and 5, the fair catch that could've been a huge return. What a shitshow

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
That Eric Smith bit says everything one needs to know about how the team is run. The Giants are on a bye and Gettleman--the guy who couldn't stop talking after the draft and the offseason--won't say a word about the team he put together and hide from the media because his ego can't take it. Shurmur won't give anything but one-word answers (the guy practically hand-waved away that Jenkins "tackle" on Gallup last Monday) so these "Is Shurmur on the hot seat?" rhetorical questions can take a hike. The guy is a loser and is clueless in just about every aspect of the game. There is no reason to even have faith in Mara because his next coaching search is going to be him taking a nap and then giving Tom Quinn a call or running into Eli in the cafeteria and asking him if he wants to give it a shot.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Yeah, the Giants need to sit Saquon. He doesn't look right.

And I am pretty certain that Shurmur will be fired in the off-season (unless they win 4-5 games somehow from now on). Shurmur is a good offensive mind but at best he is an Offensive Coordinator. Not a head coach.

Also pretty sure Gase won't be fired.

Lionheart

Oct 26, 2017
Just watched that 2nd and 3rd down run by Zeke again. Oh man the guy had the left side open if he just tried and run past a 300 pound Dlinemen. FUuuuuuuuuck everyone. No vision. Also Coop is so fucking phenomenal. I love him.
Slept on last night's game and it has really soured on me. Already down 2 scores in the 1st quarter, the D made of butter and paper, the call to run it on 2nd and 5 AND 3rd and 5, the fair catch that could've been a huge return. What a shitshow
I couldn't believe it. There was actually a lane on the left he had it.