• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I dont think any team has separated itself from the pack in either conference yet. Everyone looks beatable. The Pats are the clear favorites but their cupcake schedule has inflated how good they looked just like Dallas.

Also the AFC south having 4 teams at 2-2 is hilarious.

ButtIchesMan

Banned
Aug 6, 2019
Preseason is absolutely nothing. I'll believe in the Niners when they string together a few more convincing wins.

i know its absolutely nothing. But so is your take that dallas is better than niners or seahawks. But how do you say that when the cowboys wins were from dolphins, redskins, and eli led giants? come on bruh

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
i know its absolutely nothing. But so is your take that dallas is better than niners or seahawks. But how do you say that when the cowboys wins were from dolphins, redskins, and eli led giants? come on bruh
Dallas is a 2018 playoff team and retained most of their talent. Coaching staff seems better thus far, though New Orleans handled em today.

Niners haven't done shit in years.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
you're too dense to understand the point i'm trying to make

No, I'm not, you made a dumbshit comment on how the 49ers stomped Dallas in the preseason as evidence that their team is better?

In all advanced metrics, Dallas was not only winning but doing so as the best Offense in the league, Dak is playing at an incredibly high level, the defense is starting to finally come on. Their team is much better than the 49ers on a player-by-player basis, and their performance so far shows they have a higher ceiling.

Hang your banner for that preseason victory, though, chief.

ButtIchesMan

Banned
Aug 6, 2019
No, I'm not, you made a dumbshit comment on how the 49ers stomped Dallas in the preseason as evidence that their team is better?

In all advanced metrics, Dallas was not only winning but doing so as the best Offense in the league, Dak is playing at an incredibly high level, the defense is starting to finally come on. Their team is much better than the 49ers on a player-by-player basis, and their performance so far shows they have a higher ceiling.

Hang your banner for that preseason victory, though, chief.

Dolphins, Redskins, Eli led Giants. LOL.

At least the niners beat the bucs, who beat the rams with 55 pts. Seahawks scored 27? against the saints. Dink and Dak scored 10. But noOo, Dallas is better than seahawks and Niners LOl.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Dolphins, Redskins, Eli led Giants. LOL.

At least the niners beat the bucs, who beat the rams with 55 pts. Seahawks scored 27? against the saints. Dink and Dak scored 10. But noOo, Dallas is better than seahawks and Niners LOl.

Dink and Dak, who had the highest ypa in the league next to Mahomes. Get checked for pink eye, dude.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
I would say generally speaking using this logic is just incorrect across the board. Going based off of individual unrelated matchups this year.

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
AnxiousFragrantAntelope-size_restricted.gif

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I have to agree that the Cowboys are pretty overrated in my opinion. They have been impressive, but only against bad teams.

But thats not to say they are a bad team. They are a good team, but they are not the super bowl juggernauts that some fans want to pretend they are.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Niners have the surprise start but can't say they're better than anyone yet.

My eyes are on that week 6 game against the Rams.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Reasonable people or your average bar drunk who watches first take, undisputed and nfl network to help shape their views?

As certainly no beat writer or informed fan is spouting that shit.
We will just have to agree to disagree.

I have heard it constantly on the local sports radio programs here since week 1 by the hosts and callers alike. The "is this our year?" storyline has been almost constant.

Oct 29, 2017
My take on the league after 4 weeks. Roger Goddell needs to go. The NFL rules are still broken. Most of the officials are too old to keep up with world class athletes. The Lions game in particular, was pitiful.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
We will just have to agree to disagree.

I have heard it constantly on the local sports radio programs here since week 1 by the hosts and callers alike. The "is this our year?" storyline has been almost constant.
So piss takers, nobody with any credibility at all to speak. I know for a fact Bob Sturm is not spouting that shit, neither is reasonable people on 103.5 the fan. Not even the biggest homers on Dallas main radio network for their website is doing so. Which people are you listening to? Also dolts who call in to radio programs are the most idiotic bird brains in fandom.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So piss takers, nobody with any credibility at all to speak. I know for a fact Bob Sturm is not spouting that shit, neither is reasonable people on 103.5 the fan. Not even the biggest homers on Dallas main radio network for their website is doing so. Which people are you listening to? Also dolts who call in to radio programs are the most idiotic bird brains in fandom.

Where did I ever say it was anyone with "credibility"? I just said that I have been hearing it alot down here. And I have heard it alot. I have no idea why you are being so weirdly hostile about such an innocuous comment. Take it down a notch lol

Mostly I have been hearing it from the afternoon show with Dennis and Cowlishaw. But i have heard from it from JJT and the others as well.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Where did I ever say it was anyone with "credibility"? I just said that I have been hearing it alot down here. And I have heard it alot. I have no idea why you are being so weirdly hostile about such an innocuous comment. Take it down a notch lol

Mostly I have been hearing it from the afternoon show with Dennis and Cowlishaw. But i have heard from it from JJT and the others as well.

Dennis, gross, lol.

JJT is a douche too, no wonder you hear the dumb fans :)

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Goodell is a puppet figurehead, the owners are responsible for the rules

Yeah but he doesn't need the owners to tell him to be a shit person and a shit commissioner. He does that all on his own just fine.
Dennis, gross, lol.

JJT is a douche too, no wonder you hear the dumb fans :)

Hey man 103.3 is the only option I have for sports apparently. I haven't been able to get any other good stations.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but he doesn't need the owners to tell him to be a shit person and a shit commissioner. He does that all on his own just fine.

Hey man 103.3 is the only option I have for sports apparently. I haven't been able to get any other good stations.

My condolences. I would have jumped out of the moving vehicle having to suffer from Steve Dennis and his insufferable groans for more than a minute.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Cowlishaw is good at his job, tells it honestly.

yeah and he does a good job of backing up his opinions. He doesn't just say "Cowboys are gonna win" and leave it like Dennis does sometimes. He gives his opinion and then tells you why. Its something small, but it makes me pay attention to him more than a loudmouth commentator like Dennis.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this was posted, but it made me laugh lol

yeah and he does a good job of backing up his opinions. He doesn't just say "Cowboys are gonna win" and leave it like Dennis does sometimes. He gives his opinion and then tells you why. Its something small, but it makes me pay attention to him more than a loudmouth commentator like Dennis.

Also now the only reason to bother with Dallas Morning News now that jon machota went to Athletic.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
September is increasingly turning into extended preseason. The games still count in the W and L column, but the hot teams in September aren't usually the hot teams in January

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Remember when everyone thought the Bears defense was going to regress so much because I they lost Fangio.

Ryan Pace has really done an amazing job putting together this team. He just kinda completely fucked up the most important position.

Last edited:

dred

Oct 27, 2017
It's getting hard for me to distinguish between Tom Brady's age and his completion percentage.

Oct 27, 2017
The morning after, and I feel quite comfortable in saying the Detroit Lions are going to be a competitive, functional football team this year. Feels good. Maybe we'll make the play-offs, maybe we won't, but I now expect this team to be in the conversation through December rather than just hoping we can merely sneak in.

Looking at the strengths of schedule and the way people crowned the Ravens and Cowboys after 3 weeks, I think there's a justifiable case for us to be in that same conversation at least.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
The morning after, and I feel quite comfortable in saying the Detroit Lions are going to be a competitive, functional football team this year. Feels good. Maybe we'll make the play-offs, maybe we won't, but I now expect this team to be in the conversation through December rather than just hoping we can merely sneak in.

Looking at the strengths of schedule and the way people crowned the Ravens and Cowboys after 3 weeks, I think there's a justifiable case for us to be in that same conversation at least.

Yeah, I can see you finishing above us in the division for sure.