• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rustyphish

May 13, 2019
Galarian Weezing looks like a bong lol

67619267_2412450419035294_7933587465170845696_n.png

Correct

Deleted member 1074

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this game is based on uk has a Dexit, not in union with other regions
The antagonistic team is a toxic fanbase. lmao
galarian wheezing is a reference to smogon somehow. 🤔
galarian wheezing is also a bong for clean air.

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
It's a video game. I can be disappointed about things and I've hated Pokemon like Unfezant before. I guess strongly dislike would be better? I'm not like actively thinking about these Pokemon and getting mad.
To be fair, that reaction which you've said you're not actively thinking is exactly kind of idea that the word hate elicits. Just felt a bit extreme to me.

Disappointment and dislike is all well and and good of course - which design form this gen fall into that category for you

Omegamon

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh fun fact

Apparently the reason that Zigzagoon, a tanuki, evolved into a badger is apparently the word for raccoon dog and badger are the same depending on the region of Japan in the old days.
Zigzagoon is not a tanuki, it's japanese name is Jiguzaguma, the "guma" from araiguma which is raccon in japanese

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've been banned twice in recent Pokemon threads. I'm a vet at this point. Both sides have been bad (myself included) and I'm just trying to help stop this thread from getting as messed up as the other ones (which I guess I'm failing at so...).
But the point is that generalizations are frequently made in terms of grouping anyone pro ND as being toxic fanboys. If you're a "vet" you of all people should know that.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I'm sorry, I just can't get excited anymore

All I see is "Look at this forms and evolutions that you will not be able to use or collect in any other game but this one and never again"

In any other scenario, I'd be all over them

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
To be fair, that reaction which you've said you're not actively thinking is exactly kind of idea that the word hate elicits. Just felt a bit extreme to me.

Disappointment and dislike is all well and and good of course - which design form this gen fall into that category for you
In terms of dislike, I feel bad saying it because there are quite a few, but I suppose the ones that stand out are Gossifleur, Eldegoss, Yamper, Impidimp, Alcremie, Duraludon, Galarian Weezing, and Ostagoon. The rest I'm indifferent toward or like, in the case of Corviknight, Rolycoly, and Drednaw.

rustyphish

May 13, 2019
Who's gonna be the first person to make a million dollars by selling Galarian Wheezing water-pipes on etsy?

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Between Mario Maker, Fire Emblem, this game and a bunch of smaller games, 2019 is probably going to be Switch's best year so far by a wide margin imo.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's interesting- he's got a hexagon on his back, which is a design motif shared by Chairman Rose (his belt) and Oleana (her earrings).
Imagine still thinking that Rose isn't the villainous mastermind.

To add extra fuel to the line of thought, Team Yell follow Marnie who's signature pokemon in Morpeko literally switches between a good and evil form each turn.

So what's the rub? This bait and switch seems obvious.

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
In terms of dislike, I feel bad saying it because there are quite a few, but I suppose the ones that stand out are Gossifleur, Eldegoss, Yamper, Impidimp, Alcremie, Duraludon, Galarian Weezing, and Ostagoon. The rest I'm indifferent toward or like, in the case of Corviknight, Rolycoly, and Drednaw.
That's interesting - I almost feel like a mirror version of you in this case as I'm not enamoured by Rolycoly and Dreadnaw, but really like Alcremie, Yamper, Ostagoon and Weezing. Do you think there's too much going on in the designs for most of these for your tastes, or is it something else?

Corviknight is top notch though, I agree with you on that.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
When you tell someone that their cynicism over how bad and goofy a Pokemon's design look is "dysfunctional", it isn't tongue in cheek. I don't really care to drag this out, but when you are an Admin and you use "love and joy" in a way to say something so toxic on a site like Era.... well its really a sign that you need to evaluate yourself.

I don't know if you do that often but it is very wrong and you should be aware of what you are really communicating.

I truly meant you no harm. I was just being dramatic in an attempt to joke. It is my fault for not properly contextualizing my response as intentionally heavy-handed for humor. I genuinely did not mean to stir such hard feelings and feel bad that I did. The joke was meant to be as much at my expense as yours. All I can say is that I'm sorry for coming across so strongly.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry, I just can't get excited anymore

All I see is "Look at this forms and evolutions that you will not be able to use or collect in any other game but this one and never again"

In any other scenario, I'd be all over them
Never again? They will be back for other games, and if anything the ones in SWSH have higher chances to be brought forward since they're already done

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Loving the new characters and pokemon.

The jobs stuff is just giving me XB2 ptsd.