• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Yep though personally speaking can we get a Grass/Dark Poochyena line based on Cu Sith

d76s6ph-09c4c881-a51d-455c-98c5-91b8bd771d35.jpg

Just change Houndour/Houndoom to dark/grass and give it an appropriate makeover and we're good.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I like everything I'm seeing but hating everything I'm hearing. Wtf is this music please dont make me listen to this in the game. It's like someone went and made jet grind radio bad.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So, something kinda weird about Galarian Weezing: its abilities are listed as "Levitate/???". Don't see why they're keeping its secondary ability a secret, it can't be THAT much of a gamechanger.
It's the ability to be completely useless by having a weakness to Earthquake.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
The hamburglar designs are cool. Not really a fan of the weezing design.

I love that it's getting some love, but not like that.

I hope there evos of some sort for Farfetch'd, delibird, and a bunch of other useless Pokémon lol

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It would be cool to get a regional Sudowoodo that pops out when you attempt to shake a tree in the Wild Area to get berries.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I bet Bede is one of the main anatagionsts..this line

" While he clearly is aiming to become Champion, he seems to have other objectives as well..."

Makes me think so

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I'm still not sure I'm feeling any of the new Pokemon aside from Rolycoly, Drednaw, and Alolan Zigzagoon/Linoone, but Obstagoon kind of just makes me eh about them.

The rest, I either feel indifferent toward, dislike, or outright hate. Human designs are on point though.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Not a big fan of Galarian Weezing or Obstagoon in particular, but it's great to see regional forms and cross gen evos back.

OP
OP
Dwebble

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I bet Bede is one of the main anatagionsts..this line

" While he clearly is aiming to become Champion, he seems to have other objectives as well..."

Makes me think so
It's interesting- he's got a hexagon on his back, which is a design motif shared by Chairman Rose (his belt) and Oleana (her earrings).
Imagine still thinking that Rose isn't the villainous mastermind.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh fun fact

Apparently the reason that Zigzagoon, a tanuki, evolved into a badger is apparently the word for raccoon dog and badger are the same depending on the region of Japan in the old days.

rustyphish

May 13, 2019
It's interesting- he's got a hexagon on his back, which is a design motif shared by Chairman Rose (his belt) and Oleana (her earrings).
Imagine still thinking that Rose isn't the villainous mastermind.

This is gonna be so weird for me because in every pokemon game I name my character "Rose".

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh fun fact

Apparently the reason that Zigzagoon, a tanuki, evolved into a badger is apparently the word for raccoon dog and badger are the same depending on the region of Japan in the old days.
Was wondering about that. Always fun to learn how Japanese word play influences Pokémon designs.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
man Galarian Linoone is SO much cooler than Hoenn Linoone

way more flair and personality in its design

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Nice to finally see the region's Marketing Electric Rodent. Not because I want to use it, but because I was a little worried that Yamper might be it (and thus wouldn't have an evolution). Now I can safely plan to use the electric corgi on my team.

Bede looking like a grandma is fine because it matches the male protagonist's granny hair hat. I swear, if I can't remove his hat within about 15 minutes of the game beginning, I'm going to use the female trainer instead.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Bede is definitely a red herring, possibly working with looker as a detective and trying to get rose. Maybe even working undercover.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I apologize, I didn't mean to come across so strong. I'm sorry about that. In my head it was more tongue in cheek.

When you tell someone that their cynicism over how bad and goofy a Pokemon's design look is "dysfunctional", it isn't tongue in cheek. I don't really care to drag this out, but when you are an Admin and you use "love and joy" in a way to say something so toxic on a site like Era.... well its really a sign that you need to evaluate yourself.

I don't know if you do that often but it is very wrong and you should be aware of what you are really communicating.