Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I wish there was an option to skip Mirror's ranking at the end of the course in the postgame. Between that and the loads its not as snappy jumping in and out of levels as it could be.

It's really weird how there's a few awkward pauses too, when it's totalling up your XP and assesses your course ranking. Really unnecessarily painful.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
This is another nitpick but I really wish there was a bonus for capturing multiple Pokémon of the same species. I've taken pictures of schools of Mantine that look awesome but they're not worth a lot of points since they're taken at a distance, or because there isn't one that's perfectly centered. I had the same issue with the little mushroom things in the jungle level.

DoctorPlayer MD

"This guy are sick"
Feb 4, 2021
Brazil
For some reason I can never get a good shot of 1 Star Arbok and Metapod (2nd stage, daytime). Even when everything seems perfect it scores lower than 4000. I guess I'll move on and see if I can get better pictures after I unlock the Illumina Orbs.

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
This game has made me a fan of so many new Pokémon. I imagine Florges and many others will be more popular than ever thanks to this game.
It's making me appreciate them more by seeing them walking, running, swimming, flying in their natural environment. Something that the main series never captured. It feels wonderful seeing them how they are suppose to move and express themselves. I like how the ducklett's and swimming next to momma swanna and Bidoof carrying logs for the beaver-dam.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
It's making me appreciate them more by seeing them walking, running, swimming, flying in their natural environment. Something that the main series never captured. It feels wonderful seeing them how they are suppose to move and express themselves. I like how the ducklett's and swimming next to momma swanna and Bidoof carrying logs for the beaver-dam.
Bounsweet is another example. In the mainline games it's "just another Grass Pokémon," but here in Snap, it gets into all sorts of mischief -- becoming entangled in Ariados' web, waking Swampert with its buddy Leafeon, getting lulled to sleep by Morelull, even tumbling out of a tree hole where a Pikipek tried to stash it, lol.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Lol, it was definitely the Frillish itself. The professor comments on it. And it's hanging out on an empty ledge. Interesting that there's apparently another way of progressing there.

Edit: I just looked up video of the method you're talking about, I feel pretty silly, I actually woke that Pokémon up multiple times but I guess I just never noticed that the Crystabloom behind it was in bloom.

I still think it's kind of lame, maybe I'm remembering wrong but don't you have to take pictures of all the other ones at night? Why is this one "activated" during the day?

I did it with a photograph of the Frillish as well. Couldn't find the Crystabloom at all!

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
internet_20210502_101ukkx.jpeg
OMG my favourite is in??? Well this pic sold me on the game

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
Bounsweet is another example. In the mainline games it's "just another Grass Pokémon," but here in Snap, it gets into all sorts of mischief -- becoming entangled in Ariados' web, waking Swampert with its buddy Leafeon, getting lulled to sleep by Morelull, even tumbling out of a tree hole where a Pikipek tried to stash it, lol.

It's why I'm shocked it took so long for a new Snap. It's the best game for bringing the pokemon to life and showing the personality of some unappreciated pokemon. Which in turn can lead to merchandise. I never would have wanted a skorupi plush before this game, for example.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope sales are good and they greenlight a sequel. This is such an obvious slam dunk and a second one could iron stuff out and simply do all new Pokémon considering how many there are now.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any possible way to share photodex pics online if you didn't already save them to an album? Really feels like an oversight that you can only really share album pics (saved onto your switch), or a whole 6 pics, with others.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
giphy.gif

But wow at all those pictures. The game looks really good!

Yeah, it really does. There's a lot of great animations and the environments look awesome. There's a few annoying quirks, for example Pokemon in the distance often update their animations at a lower rate than stuff up close, which has always been a personal pet peeve for me. And the distance really isn't all that far, I've often taken pictures of Pokemon that are awkwardly jerking around in the distance.

There's also some pretty ridiculous framerate drops during certain scenes. It's almost funny how much it drops when
Wailord
pops up in one of the water levels.

But overall the game looks great. Honestly kind of makes me question how much I need the rumored Pro model. Although if this game gets a patch I'd love to replay it in 4K.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying this game a lot, but not a lot of my friends are playing it! PM if you want more Snap friends!

I also just realized that I lost the SD holder thing for the MicroSD so I haven't been able to upload any pictures. :(

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Chicken or the egg question:

Do different stages reuse Pokémon from other stages because of the 4* system (requiring each to be in at least 4 different contexts), or did they implement the 4* system because they reused a bunch of Pokémon across levels?

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, my biggest gripe is the control options not letting me use ZR to take a picture.

It's a very frustrating issue, though.

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
I also just realized that I lost the SD holder thing for the MicroSD so I haven't been able to upload any pictures. :(
You can directly connect your Switch to a PC with a USB cable. You don't even need to close the game or turn the Switch off or anything else!

Just go to the system settings, it should be there somewhere under "data management" -> "manage screenshots" section.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Man, all of the "boss" levels have been cool so far, but the ocean one is really, really cool.

The sense of scale in this game is incredible at times. It's so cool seeing Pokemon like Waillord and Onix at their actual intended sizes.

All their behaviors are fun too. I really want a cross between this and traditional Pokemon. Imagine if you had to do stuff like stop a rolling Sandshrew or knock an Arbok out of tree before you fight and catch them in a mainline Pokemon. I can't imagine how lifeless the Wild Area feels if you go back to it after playing a ton of Snap.

Chicken or the egg question:

Do different stages reuse Pokémon from other stages because of the 4* system (requiring each to be in at least 4 different contexts), or did they implement the 4* system because they reused a bunch of Pokémon across levels?

There's Pokemon that are exclusive to certain levels so there doesn't seem to be any correlation at all.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I've seen like four mythical Pokemon so far and other than one it seems kind of random, I guess it's probably cumulative score-based or something?

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't understand how anything in this game can be considered grinding. Getting enough points to progress is pretty easy if you just want to see the credits. Increasing ranks for individual areas can be difficult but the scoring for it works by taking different types of pictures, meaning you won't get anywhere by taking the same shots each time, which isn't grinding in any real sense

Pau

Oct 25, 2017
You can directly connect your Switch to a PC with a USB cable. You don't even need to close the game or turn the Switch off or anything else!

Just go to the system settings, it should be there somewhere under "data management" -> "manage screenshots" section.
Ah that's great, thank you!

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is lovely. Seeing all the little interactions of Pokemon in the wild is my jam, and I love all the little secrets.

I'm taking my time doing the requests, since I want to make the most of the game.

penguindrum

Feb 10, 2019
Do requests have a cap? For example, something like you can only hold 50 or 100? Also can they disappear if you ignore them and let them build up for too long?

Enjoying the game. The reef level was pure magic for me. I legitimately felt like I could smell the sea! I didn't think I could still experience that kind of immersion from pokemon.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I really don't understand how anything in this game can be considered grinding. Getting enough points to progress is pretty easy if you just want to see the credits. Increasing ranks for individual areas can be difficult but the scoring for it works by taking different types of pictures, meaning you won't get anywhere by taking the same shots each time, which isn't grinding in any real sense

I haven't felt the grind either, because I keep going back to the same spots on my own. There's so much I miss, and I'm always trying to make up for past crappy photos that I took before, to improve on. But like you said, it depends how deep you want to get into this, and if you are just trying to rush through at bare minimum.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, they recreate the "must go faster" scene from Jurassic Park -- try repeatedly pelting the first Tyrantrum at the volcano and look behind you as you go downhill

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
What are your thoughts on dlc with this one? There are still plenty of Pokémon and I think they could do some wild things with locations if they wished.

Bwooduhs

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't expecting to love this as much as I do. I also wasn't expecting to play 15 hours of it over the weekend, but here we are.

I don't have much faith in it happening but I would really love some DLC, maybe something Sinnoh related for either of the upcoming releases.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a a way i can re-snap, when the pictures are in my album already? Only time i see the feature is after the professor grades them. That would suck if that's the only option, i sometimes like to go back and edit effects but re-snap gives you more things to play with.

Pau

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a a way i can re-snap, when the pictures are in my album already? Only time i see the feature is after the professor grades them. That would suck if that's the only option, i sometimes like to go back and edit effects but re-snap gives you more things to play with.
No, I think you can only do it right after the grading. And it makes sense, otherwise it would be keeping a much larger image in memory.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No, I think you can only do it right after the grading. And it makes sense, otherwise it would be keeping a much larger image in memory.

Oh that's horrible, hope it gets added through a update, or even some of the effects to come over to the regular editing effects.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I imagine the game stores the previous run you just did in its memory allowing you to go back and do reshoots.

Being able to do that with a picture from any run ever seems like it'd be way too taxing for the Switch, right?

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
Anihawk was extremely kind and gifted me a copy of the game! I spent the afternoon snapping pictures with my mom and we both had a blast. Thank you so much!

Interestingly enough, I never played the original because I didn't have a N64 so it feels nice to finally catch up on such an important series.

arlu

Nov 1, 2017
Venezuela
Oh really? I wonder why they did that?

Well, I guess it's good to know I'm not just missing how to trigger them. That's kind of a bummer though.
My personal theory it's that perhaps evolving Pokémon without a Trainer or a Battle messes up the Cannon(?) TPC has been stablishing in more recent years.

ngl I'm surprised Jynx made it in
She's actually one of my faves, lol. I was surprise she made it in, tbh.
And they even go as far as to stablish the rumored "Fat Lady Opera" thing that fans had theorized for decades.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I am playing this game slowly, drinking it up with a milkshake straw. The volcano course is exciting no matter how many times I play it. Intoxicating atmosphere!

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've actually grown to like the requests far more since I've been using a guide that's a bit easier to understand than the game's lol.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm at 201 Pokemon but I swear there's alternate routes on on at least two maps I haven't uncovered yet. Starting to wonder if I'm mistaken 🤔

Nov 27, 2017
California
5th level unlocked and the pace is improving but still feels slow
If you don't get to level 2 on each level you'll have to repeat it but unlocking two levels after the jungle level made repeating ok

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
arlu

I've never seen them shy away from wild Pokemon evolving in the anime so it seems weird that'd be a rule here.

But it is pretty bizarre such a big mechanic of the Pokemon series and something in the original Snap is totally missing here.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Hey guys

I'm trying to find the last of the Vivillon forms. I'm looking for these patterns

Elegant
Modern
Savanna
Sun

If you've found them can you let me know? That and the Pumpkaboo forms are the only things keeping my section from being complete for species. Then I have to focus on interactions