• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
In all seriousness though, KH1FM and 2FM's extra abilities really helped Sora combat wise in those games (Stun Impact and Sliding Dash are godsends in the former, and Magnet Burst is objectively one of the best combo finishers in the series). Hopefully Sora gets some better combo finishers here.

I hope one of the new abilities is a guard that works.
Imagine being halfway through blocking Data Xemnas' DM when it decides it doesn't want to register anymore because reasons.

Edit: What's this about a story patch?

Lvng

Nov 1, 2017
Interesting that they have the concert bundled. They could easily release it like FFXIV concerts on blu-ray at a much a higher price (which I would still be interested in since I prefer physical media...). Nice to have it worldwide though.

Still waiting on the official OST announcement though.

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
In all seriousness though, KH1FM and 2FM's extra abilities really helped Sora combat wise in those games (Stun Impact and Sliding Dash are godsends in the former, and Magnet Burst is objectively one of the best combo finishers in the series).

Ripple Drive in KH1 is GOAT for swarms of enemies if you have a magic build/MP build (which I recommend everyone do). Damage scales with MP, but it sadly doesn't do much for bosses.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Ripple Drive in KH1 is GOAT for swarms of enemies if you have a magic build/MP build (which I recommend everyone do). Damage scales with MP, but it sadly doesn't do much for bosses.
Yeah, there's no reason not to go with a magic build in KH1FM. Ripple Drive makes early game mobs so much less daunting.

It seems the story scenes that happen during the game will be included for free, so stuff like KH2's Xigbar and Zexion conversation.
Ah. That makes sense.

Feb 5, 2018
Since people seem confused:

ReMind is a post-game episode detailing how Sora saves Kairi and his fate after. It is not an update to the base game. There are separate, free updates to the base games story and gameplay.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised if there is indeed a new guard considering how receptive to criticism they've been.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
I wonder what those new abilities are. Very exciting.

Hopefully they'll be a bunch of patches on release too. People have already mentioned the guard fails but I would like to lock on to enemies off screen too

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, at least early on (with an MP build) Ripple Drive does some seriously chunky damage to bosses too. Zantetsuken still outclasses it, obviously, but I've seen *massive* amounts taken off of boss HP bars with that finisher.

It's Stun Impact (which you get first, IIRC) that is handy against mobs early in the game but doesn't really do serious actual damage.

Dec 25, 2018
Re Mind scenario - Search for sora and new scenes
Limit cut Episode & 13 Boss Battles - Seems like this is where explorable Scala comes into play.
Secret Episode - Really feel like it will be likely Yozora.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just sort of worried about all of the new bosses being accessible from the Re:Mind menu thing.

It's something that would be great as an option, but if that's the only way, it kind of gives me less reasons to play through the base game.

It's a very silly thing to worry about, though, I definitely understand that, but I like looking forward to doing the data battles and Lingering Will as I make my way through the game, it gives me a good objective to work torwards. If I know it's not in any way required to beat the campaign again to have that experience, that they're not even connected, it bugs me a little.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
okay so the DLC is $30 but there's also a free story patch? Am I understanding that right?

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just sort of worried about all of the new bosses being accessible from the Re:Mind menu thing.

It's something that would be great as an option, but if that's the only way, it kind of gives me less reasons to play through the base game.

It's a very silly thing to worry about, though, I definitely understand that, but I like looking forward to doing the data battles and Lingering Will as I make my way through the game, it gives me a good objective to work torwards. If I know it's not in any way required to beat the campaign again to have that experience, that they're not even connected, it bugs me a little.
It's not a silly thing to worry about cause low key if they're exclusive to that scenario and not accessible to the base game then it could mean that they're not uber challenging like how the KH2FM data battles were.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
ELcAnB4WoAE3ziC

new ReMind Sora render has more realistic look, like how he looks in the secret episode.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Whelp. Guess the base KH3 should be pretty heavily discounted by the time this comes out, might as well pick it up then.

youwei

Jun 3, 2019
i might wait for the all in one bundle , with all the preorder keyblades dlc + Re:mind dlc

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
REMIND looks cool.

It also looks like "Fuck, people didn't like our story stuff." but that's to be expected. Nomura's a hack of a writer. At least he's addressing the problems.