May 9, 2019
Whew chile...a mess. All this should've been in the base game. I won't lie this was an interesting trailer but I'm just so taken out of this franchise. I'm not replaying this game at all.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Whew chile...a mess. All this should've been in the base game. I won't lie this was an interesting trailer but I'm just so taken out of this franchise. I'm not replaying this game at all.

I'm more turned off by the bad voice acting in KH3. It's REALLY jarring and doesn't go well with Kingdom Heart's word vocabulary at all.

There definitely are some worlds I don't wanna revisit either.... lol

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This is exactly what I wanted.

The only thing I have questions about now are if there are any changes to Sora's abilities. FM usually added cool new finishers and combo modifiers to Sora's arsenal. Hoping this one adds some sick new attack animations.

That being said, looking forward to whatever the new Keyblade Transformation is.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I'd love to see other FF villains too obviously, but since the FF7R is coming out shortly after this DLC I simply feel like it'd be natural to include Sephiroth yet again. Kind of like how he was included in KH2 not long after Advent Children released if I'm not mistaken.

Besides, I'm not sure how transferring models to one game to another game work in UE4 but wouldn't they be able to transfer the FF7R models to KH3 pretty easily with some modifications to alter it to KH3s style. It'd save them some work, right?

I suppose you make a valid point. I get that Final Fantasy VII is the flagship Final Fantasy franchise for Square Enix but it'd be nice to see the other Final Fantasy games get more representation for Kingdom Hearts III.

Yeah, both games run on Unreal Engine 4 so transferring models between games should be relatively smooth. Kind of makes me feel sorry for the Final Fantasy XV development who had to handle assets through the in-house Luminous Engine. I wonder how easy those assets and character models are to transfer to Unreal Engine 4?

Dec 25, 2018
I wonder if the time difference is due to developmental issues with Xbox. FFXV was behind the PS4 version during its development, like 3 weeks. That could be a reason, or you know, the bullshit timed exclusives. I just feel so bad, like a month is a long time. Better than the usual though for any delay. Would be similar to KH 1.5+2.5HD JP and US

We don't even know if JP will get the DLC before anyone else either.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the time difference is due to developmental issues with Xbox. FFXV was behind the PS4 version during its development, like 3 weeks. That could be a reason, or you know, the bullshit timed exclusives. I just feel so bad, like a month is a long time. Better than the usual though for any delay. Would be similar to KH 1.5+2.5HD JP and US

We don't even know if JP will get the DLC before anyone else either.
I think its mainly because they want to focus on one console to the last moment, ship the DLC then work on porting it over to Xbox. Tai Yasue has talked about the struggles about working on both versions of the game simultaneously before.

But it could be an exclusive thingy too. Weird as it would be, but I guess it'd just be Square Enix being Sqaure Enix.

Loke13

Oct 26, 2019
That's really disappointing. All the side story/spin off stuff is what originally sank the story. I just want them to move on from this entire arc. Needs a fresh start.
? They have moved on. KH3 was the end of the Xehanort Saga. Nomura has commented that KH will ALWAYS be about Sora as far back as KH2. This new arc is very clearly focusing on the MoM and the Foretellers.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
So I rewatched the trailer and I can't for the life of me put my finger where the music is from. I know it's a remastered track from one of the older games... right?

Never mind it's Rage Awakened.

Dec 25, 2018
I really hope Japan doesn't get special treatment, as in, get it a few days earlier for the hell of it. Hopefully it won't, and if it does, it will only be a few days.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy to me that they make Kairi playable in this DLC, and not in the main game. Like they have no idea what they were setting up since 3D and what people expected. It makes Nomura and Osaka team feel really out of touch imo. How could they get that wrong?

Seeing it here now just makes it feel like an addition that was made because of the outcry.
Keep in mind this was that teams first AAA game. I imagine there were significant growing pains / a bunch they ended up cutting (like more Riku gameplay probably?).

That said, I still think the OG release of KH3 had a great amount of content. The worlds are sooooo much more than the series had ever attempted.

Last edited:

NateDog

"This guy are sick"
Jan 8, 2018
This looks like it might be exactly what I was hoping for and like it might really improve that last section of KH3. I was really disappointed by that so I'm looking forward to this.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
Keep in mind this was that teams first AAA game. I imagine there were significant growing pains / a bunch they ended up cutting (like more Riku gameplay probably?).

That said, I still think the OG release of KH3 had a great amount of content. The worlds are sooooo much more than the series had ever attempted.
It's not just about their first HD game. I can excuse things like the worlds still being lifeless and the 5 second pauses in the dialogue to being them being a more budget-conscious studio which developed handheld games. I don't understand the omission of story things they clearly set up before the game even went into development like Kairi being a Keyblade wielder.

Seeing it here now when it was set up to be a big deal just makes them look lacking in conviction and vision.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Seeing it here now when it was set up to be a big deal just makes them look lacking in conviction and vision.

I don't see it like that at all. Maybe time and budget constraints to release the title for early 2019 resulted in elements being cut and Kairi's further character development was an unfortunate victim of that.

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I'm more turned off by the bad voice acting in KH3. It's REALLY jarring and doesn't go well with Kingdom Heart's word vocabulary at all.

There definitely are some worlds I don't wanna revisit either.... lol
This makes me even more mad that there is no german voices. The voice acting in KH 1 and 2 was really solid in german.
The weird pauses after each sentence make tge dialogue so weeeeird. I feel like it's especially bad in Riku's case for some reason.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't gotten around to KH3 yet, so no spoilers if possible, but is re:mind a chunk of new content that can be played all at once, or does it just expand things throughout the entire game, changing the entire base experience?

Oct 25, 2017
Nomura is entirely using KH to retell FF Versus the way he wants. Watch, the next few games are going to be a hell of alot more fantasy-esque and Yozora is his version of Noctis.
Noctis, Donald and Goofy watching someone reenact a Disney moment, talking to TWEWY characters and awkwardly talking to each other with long pauses and poor cutscene direction isn't exactly what I had in mind for FF Versus XIII.

KH gameplay is superb, and would fit that vision perfectly, but storytelling just from the trailers we got was so much more refined than what I expect from KH, and III didn't do anything to prove me wrong.

I really can't share the fanbase's excitement for Nomura's bullshit with Yozora. They're only keeping the most superficial elements, and even making them worse with the heterochromia crap. The gameplay IS exciting, though, no doubt about that, and I really hope people thinking we'll fight Yozora as a superboss like Lingering Will are right. Noctis would make for one hell of a KH boss.

Feb 5, 2018
It's the same as KH2 Final Mix.
It is not. Already been confirmed repeatedly that Re:Mind is, for the most part, a post-game episode with a Limit Cut and Secret Episode as well. If you understand what Sora was trying to do at the end of KH3, it makes entire sense what Re:Mind is, especially with the fact that there is a Coda symbol present in the title.

I'm still not sure it is though. It sounds like a big chunk of the content are two post game scenarios, which KH2FM didn't have (although it did have Chain of Memories). How much is within the core game itself?

I doubt much, save for rhe new Keyblades and maybe the methods used to obtain them. Im sure Re:Mind does add a few things to base, but its definitely a post-game DLC package.

Loke13

Oct 26, 2019
It is not. Already been confirmed repeatedly that Re:Mind is, for the most part, a post-game episode with a Limit Cut and Secret Episode as well. If you understand what Sora was trying to do at the end of KH3, it makes entire sense what Re:Mind is, especially with the fact that there is a Coda symbol present in the title.

I doubt much, save for rhe new Keyblades and maybe the methods used to obtain them. Im sure Re:Mind does add a few things to base, but its definitely a post-game DLC package.
I'd say it's more of a KH2FM and BBSFM combinations with new story relevant cutscenes added to the base game and data battles and new keyblade transformations as well as new post-game content and a secret boss.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
The bad dialogue with awkward pauses is very much a thing that's unfortunately been with the series since the beginning. I played every game in the series before KH3 and it was quite the rude awakening to see a lot of the scenes I remembered so fondly are new super awkward by today's standards. I think it stands out in KH3 quite a bit because the cutscenes are more dynamically directed. I would never want somebody to step in and change story elements in these games because, quite frankly, KH's weirdness is a huge draw for me. That said I would love if they took more time after the scripts are written to rewrite them to have more natural dialogue.

It's a bummer to me that we're going to be having the same "This should have been in the main game" talks like we did for FFXV. I understand that both games at launch were missing a lot of things but I do really appreciate post launch support when the developers could have just moved on to a new project.

Last edited:

lekiedma

Dec 5, 2019
This looks great... unfortunately this really should have been in the base game when it was released, at least the story related parts as the base game felt like it was only half finished in places.

I'm not sure how I feel about paying for something that should have been in the game to begin with, feels kind of like i'm getting scammed by poor DLC practices. but on the other hand I appreciate them going back and fixing the game. I guess I'll buy it anyway.

Loke13

Oct 26, 2019
This looks great... unfortunately this really should have been in the base game when it was released, at least the story related parts as the base game felt like it was only half finished in places.

I'm not sure how I feel about paying for something that should have been in the game to begin with, feels kind of like i'm getting scammed by poor DLC practices. but on the other hand I appreciate them going back and fixing the game. I guess I'll buy it anyway.

But Final Mixes have always added new story relevant cutscenes/scenarios. And at least this time it'll be priced more more appropriately as opposed to buying a brand new $60 game that's more often than not only available in Japan.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

So why did you buy KH2 Final Mixes when the Dodge roll, the limit form, the cavern of remembrance, the data fights, the puzzles, the mushroom XIII, the extra scenes and the new abilities should've been in the base game?

This is how KH has always worked. There's always been an improved edition that tackles fan criticism released a year after the vanilla game.

This is like criticising Pokémon for its traditional third version, except KH is no longer selling it at full price again

Jul 24, 2018
I know but the point I'm making is that it doesn't LOOK like there's a huge amount of in game content. Just the data battles. I'd be more than happy to be wrong.
From what I've seen so far it looks like they are adding about as much as KH2 Final Mix did, new story cutscenes to fill out some story gaps, new story battles, and data battles. That is about the same as KH2 Final Mix hence why I name dropped it in the first place.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From what I've seen so far it looks like they are adding about as much as KH2 Final Mix did, new story cutscenes to fill out some story gaps, new story battles, and data battles. That is about the same as KH2 Final Mix hence why I name dropped it in the first place.
Can you tell which story battles feel like they might be part of the main game? I've played KH3 but my memory is fuzzy.

Oct 25, 2017
Kh2fm existing doesn't stop criti you know what nvm mane

May your heart be your guiding key or some retcon like that

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
They specifically refer to the post game content as a new scenario whatever that means content wise.

Jul 24, 2018
Can you tell which story battles feel like they might be part of the main game? I've played KH3 but my memory is fuzzy.
The new story battles are most likely the ones for the epilogue, but it looks like they are letting you play as Aqua, Ventus and some of the other characters battling the Organization. Those battles were just cutscenes in KH3 much like the Roxas battle in the original KH2.

Feb 5, 2018

Not the person you responded to but Re:Mind is WAY bigger than KH2FM already.

The DLC is entirely post-game, as confirmed by Nomura months ago. Sora uses the power of waking again to save Kairi. He goes back in time and does not take part in the main battles. This means its very likely that, on top of a slew of cutscenes, you play the following because without Sora, it all plays out differently. The following is my guess based on the trailers and what Nomura confirmed:

Additional cutscenes, Luxord/Luxu and YX/MoM happen early on and during the episode itself, not during base game (confirmed by Nomura).

- Lingering Will (maybe) vs. Terranort
- Mickey (maybe) vs. Marluxia, Luxord and Larxene
- Riku vs. Xigbar and Dark Riku (Demyx visits Riku)
- Aqua vs. Terranort
- Ventus vs. Vanitas
- Aqua/Ventus vs. Both
- Kairi vs. Xion (possibly; explains how she came back)
- Lea (maybe) vs. Saix
- Kairi/Lea vs. Both
- Xion (maybe) vs. Saix
- Roxas/Lea/Xion vs. Saix

Then, a combination of the above to face:
- YX, Ansem and Xemnas (hopefully Terra too, same moveset as LW)
- Que additional battles in the abyss shown in the trailer, where Roxas, Aqua, Ventus and Riku all were shown to fighting the Armored Darknesses. Looks like a QTE, we'll have to see.

While Sora and Kairi fight:
- MX and his various forms (we see his Armored forms with a new moveset and 13 keyblades in the trailer)

Sora saves Kairi, disappears for good. This is when the Secret Episode starts:

- Riku goes to look for Sora with the help of the FF crew
- Aqua goes on a mission with Riku back to the RoD
- Sora encounters Yozora (possibly the or one of secret bosses)
Leads to the secret ending of the base game. This is what I have so far.

Additionally, the Limit Cut episode is likely Sora exploring Scala and fighting Data-org battles (they have unique battle command theme templates and Sora has been the only one fighting them so far)

So the whole thing may end up being almost 30 boss battles all together depending on how many of the above we fight. Sora fighting 13 strong versions of the darknesses is a given though. The rest depends on how much Nomura actually allowed.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
Dear god that voice acting is lifeless

I didn't play 3 but holy hell, if I had heard that, I would have returned it day 1

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Noctis, Donald and Goofy watching someone reenact a Disney moment, talking to TWEWY characters and awkwardly talking to each other with long pauses and poor cutscene direction isn't exactly what I had in mind for FF Versus XIII.

KH gameplay is superb, and would fit that vision perfectly, but storytelling just from the trailers we got was so much more refined than what I expect from KH, and III didn't do anything to prove me wrong.

I really can't share the fanbase's excitement for Nomura's bullshit with Yozora. They're only keeping the most superficial elements, and even making them worse with the heterochromia crap. The gameplay IS exciting, though, no doubt about that, and I really hope people thinking we'll fight Yozora as a superboss like Lingering Will are right. Noctis would make for one hell of a KH boss.

Yeah, kinda feel the same way with Yazora. The Noctis we got is probably much more likable than anyone in KH3 tbh