• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
I just realized that Elden Ring is a PS4/Xbox One game. I thought it was next gen for some reason. I hope the game has a next gen update.

Oct 25, 2017
The issue with the "just announce it since it leaked" thing is that this wasn't a case of the trailer leaking early, what leaked wasn't their trailer at all. It's possible that the video/event/whatever they were planning just isn't ready. Nothing you can do about that.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
The issue with the "just announce it since it leaked" thing is that this wasn't a case of the trailer leaking early, what leaked wasn't their trailer at all. It's possible that the video/event/whatever they were planning just isn't ready. Nothing you can do about that.
Yeah exactly. Just because internal assets are leaked doesn't mean it reflects any of the promotional material that is actually going to be shared with the public or that those even are ready to begin with.

All of these "should happen soon" predictions by these insiders have been based on that they've seen the leaked stuff and nothing more. I mean both Imran and Grubb were open about it. They reached out to Bandai Namco and got no response from them.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
It's hilarious how quick you people can turn on someone just because 1 person who very likely has less industry contacts makes a single remark.

Even if Grubb is/was wrong and he very well may be, y'all act like he's never been right about a single thing. The dude literally created the roadmap for most leaks and events before their announcements for the last 2 years.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Why would you push it back because of a leak? Especially given the build that was seen was super old.

Surely you get ahead quick sharp and release proper footage as soon as possible so that people don't care about the leaked footage anymore.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Yeah, a delay doesn't seem right.

Like there's a bunch of hype about the game and the leaked trailer.

It probably just wasn't planned to be shown then.

But I haven't seen the traile. Was that was super rough? Like, X Men Origins style. Just two t-posed knights duking it out.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Even if Grubb is/was wrong and he very well may be, y'all act like he's never been right about a single thing. The dude literally created the roadmap for most leaks and events before their announcements for the last 2 years.

No one is doubting his sources when it comes to other stuff, but he has been wrong on everything Elden Ring related. It may just be a really unlucky sequence of events, but it makes his sources look suspect when it comes to this game specifically.

But I haven't seen the traile. Was that was super rough? Like, X Men Origins style. Just two t-posed knights duking it out.

There was nothing quite as crazy as that. It looked fine if a bit unfinished when it comes to graphical detail and effects. There were huge watermarks over everything.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, this just sounds like he saw the leaked trailer early, thought it meant it'll be shown soon and claim as such, trailer turns out to be internal trailer from over a year ago, backtrack and say the rereveal got "delayed" when it was never in the planning for so early.
Pretty much.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
lol people wonder why insiders never want to tell them shit and then when something slips it's pitchforks out and "THIS GUY WAS OBVIOUSLY MAKING IT UP"

mk_68

Banned
Feb 3, 2020
It's hilarious how quick you people can turn on someone just because 1 person who very likely has less industry contacts makes a single remark.

The thing with Grubb is that he got "big." That makes him a target for the keyboard warriors who want to "own" him. He's probably off here, but some of the "criticism" he gets is not a result of him being wrong but because he is a big name. And now every time he puts forth news on a leak or whatnot people will bring this up.

Just like every time Tom Philips/Eurogamer report on a leak involving Nintendo there are always posts about Pokemon Stars. Same thing with Emily Rogers and people bringing up her Mario Kart stuff.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
Oct 30, 2017
Gee thanks ERA

giphy.gif

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
reportedly is still rumour tho. high chance this show never existed since Nintendo denies every animation studio who pitches them since forever.
There's plenty more examples across the entertainment industry, I just used this one because it was the most recent. It does happen, though not frequently.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
There's plenty more examples across the entertainment industry, I just used this one because it was the most recent. It does happen, though not frequently.

Cancelled a trailer launch, maybe, maybe not. Cancelled a whole game that they've presumably already spent millions on and when they stand to make many multiples on their investment with one of their most prestigious/fan favorite/money-printing relationships, very unlikely.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Cancelled a trailer launch, maybe, maybe not. Cancelled a whole game that they've presumably already spent millions on and when they stand to make many multiples on their investment with one of their most prestigious/fan favorite/money-printing relationships, very unlikely.
Where did I say they would cancel an entire game?

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
I'm not going to blame Jeff Grubb entirely. Insiders being treated either like gods or judas rub me the wrong way. Bamco can do whatever they want when they want to reveal their games. We've had high-profile fuck up's with games being shown too early, or with vertical slices that aren't realistic. I don't understand why people are angry at Bamco for just being careful and protecting From Software, especially when the pitchforks on social is so toxic nowadays, and during a pandemic.