ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really care about release date, I'm just ready to see a new trailer with some gameplay. If they can show that, I'll be happy.

This. I just want to see something like that first (non-teaser) Sekiro trailer.

Also I wouldn't put any stock in a release date for any game in 2021 unless it's like week away.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
So in summary:
  • We might see something in March
  • Or April
  • Or June actually
And for the release date
  • It's coming soonish
  • But also it might not
Honestly I feel like I've learned nothing.

Spencer saying he's played it, and therefore that it's playable and on its way, is the only thing I believe.

Yeah, that was the basically the gist of it. Game *could* be shown soon, and might be delayed.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
d9404ce8f6556c43224ccdad901fe97a.jpg

Fullmetallad

Jun 1, 2019
So in summary:
  • We might see something in March
  • Or April
  • Or June actually
And for the release date
  • It's coming soonish
  • But also it might not
Honestly I feel like I've learned nothing.

Spencer saying he's played it, and therefore that it's playable and on its way, is the only thing I believe.
Phil also played It on Jan of 2020 during his business trip to Japan where he played many other games from different developers and publisher. So It actually meant nothing for a reveal soon when he mentioned he had played it almost a year later. The only reason we know he played It specifically is because Tamoor Hussain, who is a huge FromSoftware fan, sneaked in a question about Elden Ring.

Oct 25, 2017
Phil also played It on Jan of 2020 during his business trip to Japan where he played many other games from different developers and publisher. So It actually meant nothing for a reveal soon when he mentioned he had played it almost a year later. The only reason we know he played It specifically is because Tamoor Hussain, who is a huge FromSoftware fan, sneaked in a question about Elden Ring.
Oh... I wonder if I realized that at the time and then forgot. Thanks for clarifying.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
I know I'm probably reading way too much into this, but that line about pages made me think when I got to the back of the latest issue of Edge which always has a visual clue to a game/feature in the next issue and well, this is the one from this month

44aed932-6c5e-42ef-ag7j6l.jpeg

And Edge have put From games on the cover since Dark Souls.

Apologies if this has already been seen and people know it's for something else - I searched but couldn't find anything

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
I know I'm probably reading way too much into this, but that line about pages made me think when I got to the back of the latest issue of Edge which always has a visual clue to a game/feature in the next issue and well, this is the one from this month

44aed932-6c5e-42ef-ag7j6l.jpeg

And Edge have put From games on the cover since Dark Souls.

Apologies if this has already been seen and people know it's for something else - I searched but couldn't find anything
This might be halo, what with zeta Halo having a big chunk missing

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A reveal pushed back because of a leak? I don't believe this. It's gonna happen this month or the info was wrong and this was never supposed to be revealed this month.

Oct 4, 2020
Scotland
Maybe a good way to combat the leak of unpolished gameplay would be to... show off recent gameplay? I understand if for whatever reason they're still not ready to show the game yet, it's the total silence after 2 years and after these new leaks (which they don't appear to have even bothered to remove from places online) which is really frustrating. A simple update similar to what they did for Tales of Arise last year would suffice at this point.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Yeah, at first they said the leak wouldn´t affect BAMCO plans in the slightlest, and now this...? I don´t buy it.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Honestly, this just sounds like he saw the leaked trailer early, thought it meant it'll be shown soon and claim as such, trailer turns out to be internal trailer from over a year ago, backtrack and say the rereveal got "delayed" when it was never in the planning for so early.

Oct 31, 2017
wccftech.com

Elden Ring Reveal Possibly Pushed Back Due to Leak, Expect Something by June Says Insider

A few brief, blurry seconds of Elden Ring footage leaked last week, but it seems that sneak preview may end up costing us.
I'm conflicted between two possible scenarios: it's either some made-up bullshit or it's petty revenge (which sounds fairly unlikely and not particularly professional to begin with).
Because I can't imagine a single sensible, legitimate reason to "delay a reveal because of a leak".

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Let's all sing together now: "I have it on good authority that there is strong evidence to suggest that a possible look at the game may appear sometime in the near future if plans don't change."

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I'm conflicted between two possible scenarios: it's either some made-up bullshit or it's petty revenge (which sounds fairly unlikely and not particularly professional to begin with).
Because I can't imagine a single sensible, legitimate reason to "delay a reveal because of a leak".
Makes even less sense to delay it because of an internal WIP leak, not even a mass public trailer.