• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
As much as I like The Witcher 3, at this point I feel like I'd be lowkey sad if their next game was The Witcher 3 and not a sequel to this

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
"Contact your local retailer"... is the steel book version relegated to SE? How can I get my paws on these designs over the pinnacle of meh-ness that is the regular one?

I think BestBuy and Amazon give random cover out of three for every pre-order of normal edition. Not sure about EU availability.

Fashionable cybernetics don't automatically mean limb replacement, it's mostly software chips and interface plugs. It wouldn't make sense for regular folk to chop off their limbs (especially within the CP2020 rules). They did that in the Deus Ex sequels and it looked pretty darn laughable.

As I have understood it is that body modification through replacing limbs or half of your face etc. has gotten ever so more rampant and chased by normal people over those 57 years. Cyberpunk RED should shed some light on it.

apstyl

Oct 25, 2017
I've been saying so this week, but I don't think they are done with stunt casting, and I think this art alludes to where I think they are going with it. Keanu is the start of an A-list rollout. There was a soft confirmation from Lady Gaga that she was working with CDPR, and she looks like her likeness is kinda-sorta alluded to in the second image - she's the one holding the leash to the leopard. Keira Knightley being in the third image, and Gweneth Paltrow in the fourth. The last two are conjecture, but I would bet money on Gaga.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Yea, you and me both (one of the reasons why I have not pre-ordered the game). Also, I concur that the first four are absolutely phenomenal. But what do you think of the penned ones (very reminiscent of Void Bastards)?
I think I'd appreciate them better as a large print in real life honestly. I like Moebius style illustrations – Jean Giraud is a fucking legend – but mostly when large enough to where a heavily detailed scene doesn't feel cramped, or where the detail is balanced against more nuetral objects in the scene. The steelbook versions are preferable in that regard. Examples would be like with a lot of the shots in the trailer for Sable, or like the Moebius images beneath it.

KdnhgvS.jpg

1553150670175-Home-d-H-Good-wave.jpg

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm trying to keep my expectations in check, but right now anything less than a Witcher 3 level of story/detail in a cyberpunk world is a letdown for me

s y

Nov 8, 2017
is the guy in the first poster supposed to be a cyberpunk uncle tom parody?

dope posters/artwork.

Last edited:

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I think BestBuy and Amazon give random cover out of three for every pre-order of normal edition. Not sure about EU availability.

Ah, thank you.

I think I'd appreciate them better as a large print in real life honestly. I like Moebius style illustrations – Jean Giraud is a fucking legend – but mostly when large enough to where a heavily detailed scene doesn't feel cramped, or where the detail is balanced against more nuetral objects in the scene. The steelbook versions are preferable in that regard. Examples would be like with a lot of the shots in the trailer for Sable, or like the Moebius images beneath it.

KdnhgvS.jpg

1553150670175-Home-d-H-Good-wave.jpg

Jesus christ! Thank you a shit ton for introducing me to this artist and providing me the name of the style itself, Mobieus! Those images reminds me of Studio Ghibli's style but comparatively more desaturated and delineated.

And yea, I completely forgot about Sable. Yea, I would reckon they would be astounding as large murals.

Gosh, I look at these and wonder- Japanese devs embraced Anime style which has now become prevalent in so many of their games and yet there is no one uniform equivalent to that in the west. The closest was Ubisoft's PoP (2008) that incorporated painterly aesthetic with realistic body proportions.

It is like we have decades worth of source material from comic books and yet none have capitalized on the style.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
I've been saying so this week, but I don't think they are done with stunt casting, and I think this art alludes to where I think they are going with it. Keanu is the start of an A-list rollout. There was a soft confirmation from Lady Gaga that she was working with CDPR, and she looks like her likeness is kinda-sorta alluded to in the second image - she's the one holding the leash to the leopard. Keira Knightley being in the third image, and Gweneth Paltrow in the fourth. The last two are conjecture, but I would bet money on Gaga.

Do they really have the money for this? I feel like we're talking GTAV budget if they're hiring Gaga along with Keanu and however much development cost.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Jesus christ! Thank you a shit ton for introducing me to this artist and providing me the name of the style itself, Mobieus! Those images reminds me of Studio Ghibli's style but comparatively more desaturated and delineated.

And yea, I completely forgot about Sable. Yea, I would reckon they would be astounding as large murals.

Gosh, I look at these and wonder- Japanese devs embraced Anime style which has now become prevalent in so many of their games and yet there is no one uniform equivalent to that in the west. The closest was Ubisoft's PoP (2008) that incorporated painterly aesthetic with realistic body proportions.

It is like we have decades worth of source material from comic books and yet none have capitalized on the style.
More than happy to, illustration is such a varied and beautiful field there's always new styles, artists and illustrations to find. It's worth noting that "Moebius" is the psuedonym of Jean Giraud. One and the same. So it's probably more accurate to say 'in the style of' but most people will know you mean it since he was the originator of it. Very interesting artist, well worth reading into if you have time. Agree completely on how little illustrative style is experimented within games on the whole. I'll always be interested in games pushing boundaries in those areas.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
Those designs are so fucking good. Probably some of the best black character diversity I've ever seen.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
More than happy to, illustration is such a varied and beautiful field there's always new styles, artists and illustrations to find. It's worth noting that "Moebius" is the psuedonym of Jean Giraud. One and the same. So it's probably more accurate to say 'in the style of' but most people will know you mean it since he was the originator of it. Very interesting artist, well worth reading into if you have time. Agree completely on how little illustrative style is experimented within games on the whole. I'll always be interested in games pushing boundaries in those areas.

Wow, kind of reminiscent of how folks today use the phrase, "Google it" or back in the day "Xerox it". Thank you for that tidbit. And yea, I have been mulling over looking at some acrylic tutorial and I will add this right in there too. Cheers.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Do they really have the money for this? I feel like we're talking GTAV budget if they're hiring Gaga along with Keanu and however much development cost.

I think Keanu is the only A lister involved personally. He's an integral character to the game with the second most recorded lines next to the main protagonist. He's done 15 days worth of performance capture and VO and still has more to do.

On top of that apparently CDPR also has enlisted some music talent to record songs specifically for the game including M83. If Gaga is involved then maybe it's a song but I'm not counting on any other big names joining the cast next to Keanu.

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Wonderful art, just wonderful. I love the look and feel of this game so far. Would definitely buy prints/posters/original artworks of any of these shown in the OP.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019

Still in EU for now, amazon UK has it as "limited edition" ;)
49.99 quids.

I have a bluray drive in my pc, i would have bought the physical pc version if only it were not just a code... but noooope, they decided to just ship a piece of paper, and so i went rogu...err... GoG.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
Huh... the first four all showcase a different car.

Is it portraying all the different districts or something connected to classes? Feel like its hinting at what kind of ride you'll get if you side with each factions or something

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to play this game, Walk around at night while it's raining seeing nothing but neon lights as that synthwave soundtrack kicks in.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Am I the only one feeling kinda.. grossed out, by the cyberpunk design ?
I know it's on purpose and they're all legit great design, but it's giving me a really weird feeling in the stomach.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So many comments about the box cover from people on a gaming enthusiast forum. You know that the regular edition box covers are not made for people like you, right?

Mat-triX

Oct 27, 2017
Cover art is to sell those who don't know the game to want to buy it. Guy + Gun = Game-purchase. Bioshock Infinite, DOOM, Every COD, ETC.

People who already know and REALLY want it will shell-out for collectible versions; with steel book cases and/or alternative artwork.