• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty do after they did that bullshit of classifying their indoor practice facility as a private workplace so he could practice worth the team without vaccination, guess the backlash hit them where it hurts

The nets are my team and this has been a clown show, KD probably had to be fine with this and thankfully he was
Honestly if this whats going to happen all season I'd literally rather have Ben fucking Simmoms lmao

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
great, hopefully that's it for his career and we'll never have to see him play again.

I really hope he's not able to buy himself into a vaccination card without actually being vaccinated.

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
great, hopefully that's it for his career and we'll never have to see him play again.

I really hope he's not able to buy himself into a vaccination card without actually being vaccinated.
Pro sports teams have all of your medical history and I highly doubt that he could fake that. Besides, if it gets out that he did try some bs and lie to Brooklyn, I think that would be grounds to blowup his whole contract

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see how this unfolds.

Glad the Nets took this stance.

Never was "You played yourself" more apropos.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
The nuts thing about all of this is that I bet Kyrie, deep down, really thinks he's some kind of martyr, when in reality the fact that he (potentially) missed a season or more for THIS reason, of all reasons, is going to age so fucking poorly. Like imagine in 10 years when Kyrie Irving's entire legacy is "Oh yeah that guy missed an entire season because he refused to get vaccinated during a pandemic that killed tens of millions of people". He's going to look like an even bigger dumbs as time goes on.

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
Broussard just said that he's still going to get paid for road games despite being ineligible to play for them lmao

"Kyrie Irving will get a COVID exemption. [He] will still get [his] salary for road games, however we will not be allowed to participate in any of the 82 games or practice until he gets the vaccine"

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
That's great news. Can someone tell me what the Nets options are if Kyrie doesn't get vaccinated. Like trade him, waive him, or just continue paying him not to play?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The nuts thing about all of this is that I bet Kyrie, deep down, really thinks he's some kind of martyr, when in reality the fact that he (potentially) missed a season or more for THIS reason, of all reasons, is going to age so fucking poorly. Like imagine in 10 years when Kyrie Irving's entire legacy is "Oh yeah that guy missed an entire season because he refused to get vaccinated during a pandemic that killed tens of millions of people". He's going to look like an even bigger dumbs as time goes on.
I recently read an interview with his aunt, and she had all the cute nicknames for Dr.Fauci, that showed me what kinda of people he surrounds himself with. This isn't a stunt, this is who he is and always been. Talent will only give you so much of a pass

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Gotta give the Nets props for cutting the bullshit. Kyrie putting himself above the team was inexcusable and you have to put an end for the sake of unity.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
He has an awful ego for someone thats only won a single championship.
Dude pretty much gone full Kanye.
Im making that the term I use for dudes who are extremely talented in something but totally just consumed by their own egos to ever truly realize their full potential.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that might save Kyrie (from his own stupidity) and the Nets is if the situation changes and places like NY start to relax some of their covid restrictions come, say, Jan or Feb.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I recently read an interview with his aunt, and she had all the cute nicknames for Dr.Fauci, that showed me what kinda of people he surrounds himself with. This isn't a stunt, this is who he is and always been. Talent will only give you so much of a pass
Yep this is who he is that interview was very telling. typical Weird ass black folk who think everything a conspiracy its an absolute cancer in our community. And its killing us more and more, almost as bad as the rural white folks.

just had a friend of a mines cousin who died from covid. Only 37. And was unvaccinated. Fucking sick.

Oct 25, 2017
Broussard just said that he's still going to get paid for road games despite being ineligible to play for them lmao

"Kyrie Irving will get a COVID exemption. [He] will still get [his] salary for road games, however we will not be allowed to participate in any of the 82 games or practice until he gets the vaccine"
Broussard has been hit and miss on his reporting but if true imagine getting paid half your salary to not show up to work smh

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that might save Kyrie (from his own stupidity) and the Nets is if the situation changes and places like NY start to relax some of their covid restrictions come, say, Jan or Feb.
Who is willing to wait that long? I assume everyone will be locked in to what they going to do by then

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
He has an awful ego for someone thats only won a single championship.
Dude pretty much gone full Kanye.
Im making that the term I use for dudes who are extremely talented in something but totally just consumed by their own egos to ever truly realize their full potential.

He is a prime example of everything that is wrong with social media and the social media era we've been in for the last 5-10 years or so. When you hand anyone and everyone a platform (particularly someone with fame like Kyrie), it creates this false idea that everything they have to say is worthy of a platform, and worth amplifying to millions of people. Just because you are famous or just because you can tweet doesn't mean what you have to say is smart, or profound. But that's now everyone. From guys like Kyrie to the random no-name idiots on twitter.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017

So he won't be paid for home games?

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I saw she called him Dr Falsey or some shit

Of course he will still get paid. Not letting him play in road games is the team's choice. They don't have any cause to suspend him since the union hasn't agreed to a mandate

Deleted member 69501

Banned
May 16, 2020
Kyrie wanted to retire and worry about activism... Now he can do both while getting 50% of his pay. Not a bad deal for his crazy ass if u ask me.

Deleted member 8752

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think that will happen so quickly. I think the vaccine requirements for NYC are here to stay at least until the summer.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite part of that statement is the part about choice/the consequences of that choice.

It's so perfect and succinct and basically should be used for any discussion anywhere about "vaccine freedom".

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Yep this is who he is that interview was very telling. typical Weird ass black folk who think everything a conspiracy its an absolute cancer in our community. And its killing us more and more, almost as bad as the rural white folks.

just had a friend of a mines cousin who died from covid. Only 37. And was unvaccinated. Fucking sick.
Bro you telling me, my mom always be asking me about the nut stuff. Thankly she hasn't gone done any holes, she was one of the first to line up for the vax because she worked in healthcare all her life.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
I actually don't agree that it's that negative or vicious of a statement by the Nets. I think they definitely have interest in remedying the situation compared to say, Ben Simmons or something.

I'm curious about the money aspect of it. Will the Nets pay him? My hunch is yes based on the wording used. It would be pretty interesting if they come after his money. As far as I know, he's not in violation of any league or team rules so I'm not sure they'd be justified in withholding his salary.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic news. Nets don't need that clown anyway. He's on borrowed time with his knees being made of paper too.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
They have no other choice. What are they going to do? Trade him? Cut him? They're stuck with him at least for this season.
Not that, I figured they were just kinda of ignore him until they can deal with it post season.
My favorite part of that statement is the part about choice/the consequences of that choice.

It's so perfect and succinct and basically should be used for any discussion anywhere about "vaccine freedom".
More folks should do this, yes you have a choice. But realize the outcomes might not be what you want

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's great news. Can someone tell me what the Nets options are if Kyrie doesn't get vaccinated. Like trade him, waive him, or just continue paying him not to play?

Trade- They can do that, but what team will want to take on that baggage?
Waive- They can do that, but do the Nets want to eat $70 million over the next two years which would also go against the salary cap and effectively kill their championship window.
Continue paying- Well the exact legal terms seem to be a little murky at the moment but it sounds like they are on the hook for paying him only for the road games that he sits outs since he is eligible to play those games right now (minus California)

Basically the best avenue for the Nets is to sit him and try to convince his ass to get vaccinated. If he chooses not to and they chose not to pay him then they are on the hook for 35~40 games worth of Kyrie's salary.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
I actually don't agree that it's that negative or vicious of a statement by the Nets. I think they definitely have interest in remedying the situation compared to say, Ben Simmons or something.
Honestly it reeks of " we are done", which argueably could be a worst kinda of energy. When folks start injecting cold logic into the relationship, some doors are closed and will forever be closed

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I saw she called him Dr Falsey or some shit

Of course he will still get paid. Not letting him play in road games is the team's choice. They don't have any cause to suspend him since the union hasn't agreed to a mandate
You can choose not to pay your players for not playing in the games, Ben is literally going through this right now and Kyrie is by choice not eligible to play in many games, theres no of course about it, they are well within their rights to withhold all salary for each game missed, not all states allow visitors who are unvaccinated to play like NY does

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017

I'm curious about the money aspect of it. Will the Nets pay him? My hunch is yes based on the wording used. It would be pretty interesting if they come after his money. As far as I know, he's not in violation of any league or team rules so I'm not sure they'd be justified in withholding his salary.

As much as people won't like it he's a legal player under contract per the rules for 40ish road games, just because they don't want him doesn't mean they can just not pay him.